A bit of bad news for me

i got called into work yesterday on my 1 days holiday theres been a meeting about the factory they are putting them on short time maybe 3 day week then he said the 4 drivers will be ok :confused: :confused: but in my mind if they are not making furniture i cant deliver its taken me 2 years to find a full time good paying job and i have only been there 12 weeks But its allways the same get something good and it dont last . let hope it last to xmas at least :frowning: :frowning:

bad times chap , lets just hope that chrismas period get some sales in to build bussiness again

DFS drivers are working flat out and speaking to two of them on Monday led me to believe that this is because DFS offer easy credit which, in these current times, is not easy to get.

Thats a bummer fella You just gotta hope teh boss can keep you busy even if its cleaning the trucks out etc and a spot of touch up painting…
Years ago I worked for a small family haulage company and when things went quiet i would quite happily don a paint brush and paint the office staff room or anything just to keep the pay check rollin in if ur stood down for a day and he aint gonna pay you for that day get a days work on and agency if its posable and ok with your boss

A few of the brick/block places round here have been on short working weeks for a while now, sounds bad but at least you’ve still got a job and they’re not making you redundant. Just need to ride it out and hope things pick up.

ROG:
DFS drivers are working flat out and speaking to two of them on Monday led me to believe that this is because DFS offer easy credit which, in these current times, is not easy to get.

No rog we dont deliver to dfs are bigeist contract is furniture village but most of our contracts are small family run shops. If you look on our web site (ercol) you would pass out over our prices they are very dear BUT the furniture is made to last a life time (no mfi crap) all i can do is hope . As i said the drivers are ok for now but for how long :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

bad news!! i’ll keep my fingers crossed for you

The furniture does look nice on the web site, if I was looking, i’d buy something so that you could deliver it!! Unfortunately, i’m not that house proud and all my money goes on beer and video games.

Silver_Surfer:
The furniture does look nice on the web site, if I was looking, i’d buy something so that you could deliver it!! Unfortunately, i’m not that house proud and all my money goes on beer and video games.

You must be on the dole then, :laughing:

Only kidding.
:laughing: