Anyone driving for DFS?

Hello everyone.

I’m new here, and I would first like to thank all contributors to this forum for helping me to pass my category C test last month. I picked up an incredible amount of useful advice by reading through the threads on the various tests.

Now that I have the licence, I am actively searching for a good job to build my experience. I have applied for a job with DFS (the furniture store) who use 7.5 tonne trucks to deliver furniture to households with a co driver. They are offering reasonably good pay at £23K, and they operate an alternating day shift with 08:00 to 19:00 for four days on week one and 07:00 to 16:00 for five days on week two.

I reckon there will be plenty of manual handling and lifting, which I don’t mind. However, I am curious if anyone here has experience working for DFS, and if they were a good company to work for?

Many thanks!

Not worked for DFS, but have worked for another furniture store.
A few years back, DFS were offering 25k for home delivery in MK, for a while anyway.
You’d be correct about the manual lifting part, but the main hassles are the customers not measuring things before ordering them, leaving you trying to get a large 3 seater fixed sofa, into the smallest terraced house front room imaginable, while they watch and offer unhelpful comments such as, “to me, to you” and “you don’t want to do it like that”…
Their 7.5’s are on the large side, so watch for rear swing on that.

It’s 8.00 - 20.00 tues to fri and then 7.00 - 16.00 mon to sat the following week, Rotating.
Overtime is paid at time and a third and you will be finishing your deliveries if over your shift time, expect between 12-15 deliveries a day.
It is one of those jobs where you get as much out of it as you put in, have a good attitude and a good co driver and you’ll like it,
There’s nowt as strange as folk in there own homes

Dav1d:
Not worked for DFS, but have worked for another furniture store.
A few years back, DFS were offering 25k for home delivery in MK, for a while anyway.
You’d be correct about the manual lifting part, but the main hassles are the customers not measuring things before ordering them, leaving you trying to get a large 3 seater fixed sofa, into the smallest terraced house front room imaginable, while they watch and offer unhelpful comments such as, “to me, to you” and “you don’t want to do it like that”…
Their 7.5’s are on the large side, so watch for rear swing on that.

Thanks for the advice.

Andygreen:
It’s 8.00 - 20.00 tues to fri and then 7.00 - 16.00 mon to sat the following week, Rotating.
Overtime is paid at time and a third and you will be finishing your deliveries if over your shift time, expect between 12-15 deliveries a day.
It is one of those jobs where you get as much out of it as you put in, have a good attitude and a good co driver and you’ll like it,
There’s nowt as strange as folk in there own homes

I can imagine. Thanks for the tips.