dfs jobs

Hi All,

Does anyone know aout dfs driver jobs 7.5ton.

well, i think there driver jobs, they say co-drivers, and im not sure what co-driver means? if it means you take it in turns, or if your the drivers mate. im not sure.?

Robin_A:
they say co-drivers, and im not sure what co-driver means? if it means you take it in turns, or if your the drivers mate. im not sure.?

2 drivers that may or may not take turns to drive - depends what they agree between themselves - DFS has 2 in cab for the deliveries and not necessarily for the driving - I spoke to one crew and they only did 8 to 5 in a 7.5 so the driving or working time was not an issue - some 7.5s on DFS have 1 driver and 1 drivers mate who does not drive at all (maybe does not have C1 licence)

thanks rog,

that makes sense, to be fair they pay 20k a year, and i think for 7.5ton thats not bad really either.

Robin_A:
thanks rog,

that makes sense, to be fair they pay 20k a year, and i think for 7.5ton thats not bad really either.

Careful as some of DFS’s trucks may appear to look like a 7.5 tonner, some are just over that at 8t… :wink:

£20,000…It depends how many hours that you have to put in that makes it a good wage or not.

i did something like this delivering marks and spencer furniture through wincanton’s at tunbridge wells they used to send us out double manned because we would have to assemble all the furniture. but usually only one of you does the drving the other phones the customers to check there in and fills in the paperwork i would never go back doing it again possibly the worst job i have done but hey it got me my xmas money. :smiley:

I’m always surprised to see the size of DFS/Argos 7.5tonners.

I thought you could only carry about 2.2 tonnes in one but furniture is heavy so surely they must run very close to the limit. :confused:

Chewyboy:
i did something like this delivering marks and spencer furniture through wincanton’s at tunbridge wells they used to send us out double manned because we would have to assemble all the furniture. but usually only one of you does the drving the other phones the customers to check there in and fills in the paperwork i would never go back doing it again possibly the worst job i have done…

Couldn’t agree more. Not DFS, but… My experience (repeated from another thread):

“My personal most hated, being driving a 7.5 tonner for a well-known furniture store with a less than enlightened outlook upon customer relations. I had a young driver’s mate who was well practiced in the art of fobbing off clients regarding damaged deliverables and getting them to sign for sub-standard goods. After a few days, during a drop when he had actually managed to make this young woman burst into tears by basically lying to her about her rights, I decided enough was enough. I took her to one side and explained her consumer rights and told her to stand her ground. My ‘mate’ disappeared for a minute or two then put me on the phone to the customer services manager. I was ordered to get back into the lorry and under no circumstances was I permitted to speak to any of the clients again. Needless to say, I didn’t work out between us and I have vowed to never do furniture delivery work. Ever.”

I can only add: Delivering ridiculously oversized furniture to third floor flats with no lift and tiny stairwells, or to small cottages where you have to deconstruct the furniture, take the doors off the house, all the picutres off the wall and force it through narrow doorways and corridors. Bleuch! Avoid like the plague, imho.

A1ex:

Chewyboy:
i did something like this delivering marks and spencer furniture through wincanton’s at tunbridge wells they used to send us out double manned because we would have to assemble all the furniture. but usually only one of you does the drving the other phones the customers to check there in and fills in the paperwork i would never go back doing it again possibly the worst job i have done…

I can only add: Delivering ridiculously oversized furniture to third floor flats with no lift and tiny stairwells, or to small cottages where you have to deconstruct the furniture, take the doors off the house, all the picutres off the wall and force it through narrow doorways and corridors. Bleuch! Avoid like the plague, imho.

Absolutely…any job where you are getting up close and personal with the public gets a big NO from me.It’s one thing knocking on a door and handing over a parcel but once you get over the threshold it’s a different story.They will get you shot.You’ll be amazed how many people live in squalor,how many will lie about you and the abuse that you will get.The number of times you’ll hear,“The salesman said you’d do this or that”,because salesman promise the earth to get a sale and deny all knowledge later.People looking for compensation if you damage decorations,the list goes on.When you park outside make sure your exit is clear so you can make a quick getaway when the come running out after you.I am just scratching the surface hear,but talk to anyone who deals with the public and you’ll get a similar story.