70 mph trucks,according to the BBC

Could someone inform the BBC presenter on a documentary this morning called “Real rescues”,called Mr Nick Knowles,that he needs to some research before frightening the general public that trucks can go 70 mph,while he was filming on top of a motorway bridge.Thing is there are numpties out there that will believe him.And never heard of speed limiters.One of my theories,is for all learner car drivers,spend a day,on an off road track,to handle an artic,drive through a circuit to view the “Blind spots”,(Now new laws for mirrors),and get briefed on the duties of a LGV driver.If this happens,maybe we wont get so many two finger salutes,or “Winston Churchill” victory hand signals in reverse,from irate drivers that share the roads.How many times have you had come up behind you ,while in reverse,then inches away from the back of your trailer,they start hooting their audible warning devices,jump up and down,like it is your fault.This happened all the time in Portugal,due to strengh of their expressos,they are all wired up,and all passive character changes,once behind the wheel,change in to devils.

nickknowles.com/contact/

Knock yourselves out :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

toby1234abc:
Could someone inform the BBC presenter on a documentary this morning called “Real rescues”,called Mr Nick Knowles,that he needs to some research before frightening the general public that trucks can go 70 mph,while he was filming on top of a motorway bridge.

Was he filming on a m/way bridge that takes you to/leaves a certain docks , as some trucks can probably do 70mph/warp 9 coming and going from that docks allegedly :question: :question: :open_mouth: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

POST DELETED under rules and regulations of the EU Incompetency act 2009 :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Its numties like nick knowles who cause many of the problems the truck driver has because the general public will believe what they want to believe,true or false.
regards dave.

My favourite is thundering juggernauts or massive trucks.

I sometimes wish my wagon would do 70 mph :laughing:

Couple of new years eves ago I was proper blotto and was convinced Nick Knowles was dying from something, I was shouting at the TV all evening informing him his days were numbered…sadly he’s still making crap tv so I must have made it up :frowning:

one thing for sure then it wont be any of them down hill daf racers doing that speed, unless its on back of a tow truck then it may be a poss,

This type of mis-information is all too common … i was yelling at the TV last night. On the BBC Tyne Tees news, was an item about a fatal accident @ Alex Smiles (somewhere in Newcastle i think) … a worker was crushed by a fellow worker (and apparently his best mate) driving a “Tipper truck” as shown in cctv footage, in the film … this was in fact a … WHEELED LOADING SHOVEL !!!