18 year old lad, LGV licence wanted - help! [Merged]

Hello folks,
My sister-in-law’s lad wants to drive lorries - I know, have tried to put him off but he’s dead set on it!!
It all looks a bit complicated to me…
Could someone please let me know what he needs to do and in what order please (medical and apply for his provisional licence, does he then have to do the hazard perception and multiple choice questions before his compulsory CPC modules etc etc)

Many thanks in advance and sorry if this question has been posted before.

the order Ive done it in is

Medical
Provisional
Hazard perception
multi choice theory
Case studies (cpc)
Practical (CPC)24th Feb
HGV Practical training 10th March with test on sat or the mon

Hope this helps

If you want to put him off get him to do the leg work…

point him in the right directions ie where to go but let him count up the Costs ie, Medical, Licence, Tacho card, Boots, Gloves, Training, and that’s just for a cat C then get him to work out how much its to get his cat C+E on top of it then he’s got the task of getting a job…
I think if he see’s the cost before he starts earning it may put him off :wink:

Busby - you’re a gentleman and a scholar, thank you very much.
Nick - I’ve tried mate but his heart is set on it… If he lived closer I’d take him out for a day or two when I knew I was going to some crappy places with crappy people. I’ve told him about the costs, being 18 will put lots of employers off etc etc but hey ho!

Thanks guys.

postie1100:
Nick - I’ve tried mate but his heart is set on it… If he lived closer I’d take him out for a day or two when I knew I was going to some crappy places with crappy people. I’ve told him about the costs, being 18 will put lots of employers off etc etc but hey ho!

Thanks guys.

its all good mate. By the sounds of it his hearts set on it which in my experience means nothings going to put him off.
Forgot to add I applied for the taco card soon as I had passed the three theorys mate.

busby330:

postie1100:

Thanks guys.

its all good mate. By the sounds of it his hearts set on it which in my experience means nothings going to put him off.
Forgot to add I applied for the taco card soon as I had passed the three theorys mate.

well let him start the saving and if his heart is still in it he’ll do good

nick2008:

busby330:

postie1100:

Thanks guys.

Time will tell mate, main thing is having the drive to work your ■■■ off getting the money to get through it all. Money and the amount of work involved ie 5 tests puts alot of people off.

nick2008:

busby330:

postie1100:

Thanks guys.

Time will tell mate, main thing is having the drive to work your ■■■ off getting the money to get through it all. Money and the amount of work involved ie 5 tests puts alot of people off.

nick2008:

busby330:

postie1100:

Thanks guys.

DOUBLE POST

nick2008:

busby330:

postie1100:

Thanks guys.

Double post

You could give our Peterborough office a call 01733 286926 and they will sort everything in the correct order.

… don’t forget to ask for the 10% Trucknet discount.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Triple post!

Have a look at the list of trainers on this site and contact a couple who you are interested in using/ recommending for your relative. They will be able to guide you through the process and probably give you some prices too. Never use a broker though!

check out the link in my signature below - it should contain all you need to know

Thank you all very much for the info - I’m very grateful.