Any Advice

Hey guys am 20 years old and I’ve decided I wanna go for my HGV license. Its something I’ve always wanted to do. My papa’s a lorry driver and has been for over 50 years and i used to go with him from the age of 8 to 18 and have been to like 11 countries, anyways enough about that boring stuff, i was wondering if anybody has any advice for who to go with, I know that with me being young doesnt help as people want experience but what i dont get is how can u get experience if no-one will give u it.

Forget about your age. Inexperience can be a drawback but there companies out there that will give a go.

Say which area you live in, and you’ll get plenty of recommended HGV\LGV training centres.

i stay in ■■■■■■■ in ayrshire scotland

Jim Mair for your training fella, great bunch of guys and will keep you right

Thanks mate ive heard of him, do u know anything about him mate and does anyone have any advice on who to try for work if ur a young driver

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

Also

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667

I done both my LGV 1 and 2 with them and got through first time and I was a nervous wreck :laughing:

You`re made to feel at ease right from the off and that helps a lot fella.

Get yourself booked in for an assessment and you`ll get a feel if their the right choice for yourself or not, best of luck :smiley:

thanks mate