1735 sk merc renovation

well as a lot of people know i purchased a 1735 sk merc from andrew henderson paving. pete359 and myself picked this lorry up from the a40 windrush on sun 30th oct 2011.

after a cracking drive home i tucked her up in the workshop ready for the work to begin on monday.

first job was to remove the sign writing .before starting to remove the interior.

as i started on the interior my son set about removing the doors and front grill.

with passenger seat now removed set about interior .

It looked good to go to me, keep the pics coming.

sammy dog:
with passenger seat now removed set about interior .

martyns pics 212.JPG

Dieseldogsix:
It looked good to go to me, keep the pics coming.

thanks dieseldogsix this merc did allover the uk untill recently it was plated by andrew henderson in sept of this year.regards martyn.

Thats a beauty. not many of them left in the uk. It deserves an appearance on my Merc V8 SK thead in the photo section!

hey sammy dog

nice, looks in very good condition mate.

cheers
gaz

hi martin sammydog thats going to b some machine good luck regards rowland

Hi Sammy Dog…That is a fantastically original truck…original aerial,fog lamps,drawbar pin etc… I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out,but in the meantime,please keep us posted with pictures of your progress…Good luck!

dozer:
Thats a beauty. not many of them left in the uk. It deserves an appearance on my Merc V8 SK thead in the photo section!

hi dozer i think there s a picture of her on the sk v8 thread in the photo section cheers martyn.

tetragaz:
hey sammy dog

cheers
gaz

hi gaz its looking quite sad at mo cheers martyn.

rward:
hi martin sammydog thats going to b some machine good luck regards rowland

thanks rowley regards martyn.

Riverstick:
Hi Sammy Dog…That is a fantastically original truck…original aerial,fog lamps,drawbar pin etc… I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out,but in the meantime,please keep us posted with pictures of your progress…Good luck!

thanks riverstick to be honest she drove home like new no rattles in cab at mo she s in a bit of a sorry state pictures to follow cheers martyn.

Good luck with that they are a classic machine, We used to have one as a twinsteer yard shunter when Gregories took over Amesbury Transport the damb EPS gearbox didnt like the shunting duties.

There are still a few running, there was a pail blue livestock wagon on the A303 the other day looked cracking and they had done some cab work on it, Plus i saw a Greek Drawbar unit about 6 months ago, As usual no camera.

tim

I see a white 1738■■? i think ,on the M62 pulling containers regular,i think its a N registration.The cab is starting to rust but still looks ok

sammy dog:

tetragaz:
hey sammy dog

cheers
gaz

hi gaz its looking quite sad at mo cheers martyn.

hi martyn

only a little sad mate :wink: bet she won’t be like that for long :slight_smile: good luck though.

cheers
gaz

A 1735 brings back memories! I loved the engine in the one I drove, really good, bombproof! Will you be putting an under-bumper airdam and cab-top spoiler on it?

The missus in my old motor, 1992 in Switzerland somewhere.

Regards,

Mark.

brookie:
A 1735 brings back memories! I loved the engine in the one I drove, really good, bombproof! Will you be putting an under-bumper airdam and cab-top spoiler on it?
The missus in my old motor, 1992 in Switzerland somewhere.

Regards,

Mark.

hopefully i ll find a splitter for the bumper as the one that came with the merc is in a bad way .no air deflector being fitted.as you say the old mercs were bomb proof i used to own a 1633 would have driven her to the moon and back regards martyn.