thats a great start thanks

hi,here,s another one :slight_smile:

and another.

they were great trucks

Gutless wonders, blood sweat and gears.

altitude:

You obviously never drove a 1748 :stuck_out_tongue:

The SK was my first taste of foreign lorries, I thought it was marvelous when I got a 1617 (sleeper cab) on hire one time in 1987. I was delivering newspapers on nights with it Manchester to Durham, the paper people only ever ran them up to around half their designed weight so everything pulled well for them. But I remember being amazed at the floating ride and quiet, spacey cab compared to what I’d driven up till then, BMC’s, Bedford’s, Dodge’s and Ford’s. Soon afterwards we began using artics 1628’s and (1629 Powerliner’s) although they still never got used anywhere near their full weight, they where hopeless up hill and I hated that box.

ellies dad:

altitude:

You obviously never drove a 1748 :stuck_out_tongue:

No your right there, had a fair bit of bad luck in my life but I was never that unlucky. As TIPIT said… never got used anywhere near there full weight, they were hopeless uphill… just to ad to that, I have been passed empty on long drags with a head wind by fully loaded lorries. As I said before… gutless wonders. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

im sure there is a thread somewhere in the old timer section on sk mercs, several pages long with a lot of pics, i did a search but couldnt find anything, maybe im losing my marbles…

No I think your right euromat. I seem to remember this being done a while back.

you will find them here

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=28028&hilit=dozer

WILSON OF BOROUGHBRIDGE 2435

Hi,my old SK when i drove for S J Barrick of Goxh
ill,nth lincolnshire.