SK Merc V8's

I never got the chance to drive or ride in a 1748. they were supposed to be a flyer.

Click this link, its an interesting read.

media.daimler.com/dcmedia/0-921- … 0961577281

scan0185.jpg

Superb photos marcus. that irving merc looks very smart, i presume she is long gone :frowning: any more ?

ACTROSMAN500:
Superb photos marcus. that irving merc looks very smart, i presume she is long gone :frowning: any more ?

yes long gone mate, he had a cracking fleet of them v8,s did norman,not sure if they were 480 or 5oo,s. they always looked well nice paint job etc will be putting some more on as one of his relations works in our office , norman irving wrapped it up a couple of year ago now,

regards

mark

credit for this fine machine goes to Bewick. taken off the Bewick thread.

marcus 22:

ACTROSMAN500:

yes long gone mate, he had a cracking fleet of them v8,s did norman,not sure if they were 480 or 5oo,s. they always looked well nice paint job etc will be putting some more on as one of his relations works in our office , norman irving wrapped it up a couple of year ago now,

regards

mark

The 4x2 sk was a 480-V8 the two 6x2 sks had 500-V8s was one of the drivers of the 6x2 called Clive
used to see him in the Derry quite a bit , told me one of the 500s got wrote off on the A69 if i remember
it correctly.

All these pics are superb lads, when i started on Widdowsons in 1995, i started on an SK Merc F467 NJF a 1628, so fond memories for me too, specially the interior pics, classic.
Loved how the top bunk folded up in sections so you could still recline the drivers seat whilst the other part of the top bunk was down.

Even Syms Had 'em,

One of Doverstrands. 1628s

And one of their 1625s.

hi brian

yes that would be clive bell ex fergusons driver for a lot of years, the chap in the photo is young tom dodds, who,s father and grandfather were ex fergusons men aswell, not sure about the one that got wrote off, norman always had tidy lorries as long as i can remember.

regards

mark

few of Ron Tailfords mercs

scan0053.jpg

scan0046.jpg

scan0045.jpg

Wow! The 50 eurocab looks super & 1748 aint too bad either :smiley: anymore golden oldies ?

aye that was some lorry in its day actrosman the 1850 and the 48 but they were the only ones the gaffer ever bought he was a scania man

mark

scan0058.jpg

couple more actrosman

same lorries though apart from the charlie jennings one

mark

Thanks Marcus, Well He picked the best two to buy so, great machines in there day, pity they are all in the jungle now, Glad the bossman held onto his 44 eurocab & A flat cab to keep her company :sunglasses: sadly the red one got the road :angry:

hi actrosman

i had a few weekends in france with a couple of irish guys who had very similar mercs to these the owners son drove one and i am sure he was was called tom. this would have been late 90.s 2000 ish.

regards

mark

Hi Mark
I think i know who you are talking about, sounds lads, run a good show. Photo Copyright Tom Murphy

hello actrosman

thats the ones matey, his son drove one and i am sure one of the other boys was dougal, had a couple of good weekends with them down in marseille at the routiers in vittrolles, bit of a bad head day the next day.

mark