1735 sk merc renovation

with all windows removed and interior panels work was started on dismanteling the eps unit :laughing: hope we remember how to assemble it.

sammy dog:
with all windows removed and interior panels work was started on dismanteling the eps unit :laughing: hope we remember how to assemble it.

martyns pics 215.JPG

martyns pics 216.JPG

looking sad and very sad.
martyns pics 211.JPG

last one for tonight as im off for a well deserved pint cheers martyn.
martyns pics 241.JPG

Lovely truck, i travelled all over the country in a sk merc with my grandad( although it was just a lowly 1625)

Whos colours you gonna put it in? :grimacing:

there was someone on here a year or 2 or 3 ago who restored a merc similar to that, although i think it was a bit older, there were lots of pics of it from start to finish, cant remember who the fella was thou.

JonB1973:
Lovely truck, i travelled all over the country in a sk merc with my grandad( although it was just a lowly 1625)

Whos colours you gonna put it in? :grimacing:

well know steel haulier joint motorways regards martyn.

Used to travel in a 1644 a lot with Dad, Pritchard Brothers of Anglesey ran it, D211 UJC. Quality truck for its day!!!

Keep the pics coming!!!

iā€™ve been down for a nose :laughing: martyn and steve are cracking on :sunglasses: .

[zb]stard, I had one of them brand new on a G plate, older than the one youā€™re restoring and Iā€™d been driving a few years by then, thatā€™s confirmation that Iā€™m well past the half way mark now :blush: :cry: :laughing:

It was a sister to Brookieā€™s one, mine was G456 XOO, I have very fond memories of it, fastest lorry Iā€™ve ever driven and it never had a spanner on it during my time in it and it was worked hard, very hard :wink:

Gaz:
Used to travel in a 1644 a lot with Dad, Pritchard Brothers of Anglesey ran it, D211 UJC. Quality truck for its day!!!

Keep the pics coming!!!

hi gaz,
i remember seeing that 44 merc.alot.i also remember pritchardā€™s running an f16.
regards andrew.

I saw one at Truckfest next to an actros and they look tiny. My dad used to drive a 44 for transcontinental from rosslare spent a few school holidays up and down to Italy with him happy days.

cracking topic , look forward to following it :smiley:

Looks the dogsā€¦reminds me of all the 1735ā€™s we used to run on our rental fleet.
If you need any genuine Mercedes parts pm me, we may even have some in stock we were going to throw away!

theres 2 of these down at mw tractors at bridlington probly be for sale too

newmercman:
[zb]stard, I had one of them brand new on a G plate, older than the one youā€™re restoring and Iā€™d been driving a few years by then, thatā€™s confirmation that Iā€™m well past the half way mark now :blush: :cry: :laughing:

It was a sister to Brookieā€™s one, mine was G456 XOO, I have very fond memories of it, fastest lorry Iā€™ve ever driven and it never had a spanner on it during my time in it and it was worked hard, very hard :wink:

hi newmercman my experience of these v8 s as you say they were bomb proof having owned a 1633 and 2025 never ever put a spanner on the engines. regards martyn.

to be honest it looked ok as it was.only looked like it needed a lick of paint and a bit of upholstery but it will look great when its finished :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

dreva:
to be honest it looked ok as it was.only looked like it needed a lick of paint and a bit of upholstery but it will look great when its finished :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

hi dreva you are probably right mate oh what have i done. :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: regards martyn.

f88vol:
theres 2 of these down at mw tractors at bridlington probly be for sale too

do you know if thier 1735 sregards martyn.

TDL102:
Looks the dogsā€¦reminds me of all the 1735ā€™s we used to run on our rental fleet.
If you need any genuine Mercedes parts pm me, we may even have some in stock we were going to throw away!

thanks tdl 102 i will pm you mate many thanks martyn.