07 Renault premium weight

Can any body tell me the weight of an 07 plate renault premiun 4x2, 450dxi with no extras just standard fuel and adblue tanks from dealers. Trying to find out the unladen weight of our unit and trailers where i work as no one really knows the right one.

Neil

http://offer.renault-trucks.com/PartnerWeb_J23/FirePond/Pages/pg_weight_dim_table.html?1200354020343
This might help

8 tonnes for the 6x2. I’d reckon about 7.5 tonnes or so for the 4x2.

neil_b:
Can any body tell me the weight of an 07 plate renault premiun 4x2, 450dxi with no extras just standard fuel and adblue tanks from dealers. Trying to find out the unladen weight of our unit and trailers where i work as no one really knows the right one.

Neil

Just run it over your local scales. You’ll have the exact figure to the nearest 20kg then. :bulb:

Thanks for the replys guys, also the unladen weight of our trailers, they are southfields tri axle trailers 13ft10" and 15ft 7" curtain siders with the addition of air roller beds with power rollers for air freight work axle weight plate reads gross of 36000kg axle weights of 8000kg each king pin weight of 12000 max,
some people i work with say we can only carry a max of 13000kg of weight that sounds really low to me even if the weight of the trailer and unit together was 19000 you can put more on than that.
Any help on this would be great to?

Neil

As above. Never rely on stated weights.

Bikes, for example, are weighed dry, without water even in the battery, brake fluid and then a plus/minus tolerance is deducted. They are far heavier than the advertised weight.

Well Neil, you got me thinking so I did some ringing around.

I pull 16ft double deck curtainsiders. Just found out from Don Bur that they’re 9.5t unladen. Add that to the 8t the tractor unit is and that’s 17.5t unladen.

W e get a manifest showing the number of pallets and load weight. This means quite a lot of the time I’ve been going out nearly 2 tonnes overloaded :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: No wonder it’s been struggling up hills.

Sadly because of the time I run, there’s no weighbridges open so I can’t check it.

They’re going to be getting a bit of a shock at work.

Just rung them up. Got a funny feeling my hill climbing will be improving somewhat. :slight_smile:

Removed

Im just covering myself really, we hardly ever run at max weight its just volume in air freight, i want to know for myself so when the day comes i can say im not taking that truck due to over loaded weight, im pritty sure the max weight would be 18.5t dont think id ever find out without getting on a weigh bridge.

Neil