Lane Hogging

Sploom:

robroy:
What bugs and annoys me (although it should’nt as it’s [zb] all to do with me what other drivers do) is trucks that sit in the middle lane for no reason.
Wtf is that all about exactly??.. it’s a new phenomenon that we once never used to see.
It was always drummed into us at training school level…’ Always keep left unless overtaking’’ (but we all see everyday how the lowering of standards and dumbing down of truck training schools is blindingly evident these days.)

The irony the other day,.a rigid passed me with the co. name ‘‘Austin’’ something or other as a logo, with a slogan beside the name saying…‘‘It is foolish to undertake on the left’’ (they could have worded it better btw)
It was on the 4 Lane s/b stretch of the M6 in the Midlands, and he continually hogged lane 2, esentially turning it back into a 3 lane motorway, to the point he had a line of trucks behind him, and another line of trucks overtaking in lane 3…which was actively encouraging cars and a couple of trucks to undertake him on the left.
[zb] clueless. :unamused:

I think he wanted to avoid being boxed in on a dedicated lane for the m5.Sounds like.Its a problem I have lately,especially on the m1 where 4 lanes become 3 and the idiot in lane 2 wont let you in.Last week this BMW wouldnt let me in and I was foeced to come off at the a421 roundabout and rejoin the m1

Nah the 4 lane section starts around j12 is it?, miles before the M5 split.

In your case,.I’m not advocating or condoning bullying tactics, call it a ‘professional foul’, :smiley: …start to pull out (or make it look like your’e pulling out) making him think you aint seen him…as long as he isn’t being overtaken himself in lane 3 of course.
Problem is some of them are sooo ■■■■ thick,.nothing will move them out of their lane, they stick to it like sh to a blanket.