HGV middle lane hogging

Has anybody else noticed this lately. I don’t know about anybody else but when I was learning it was drummed into me keep left at all times unless overtaking, but I have noticed a lot of truck drivers are as bad as cars for middle lane hogging.

Just today, M6 south Knutsford area in the roadworks, DFDS Topliner sat in middle lane at 42ish, …ok I know the 50 is limit not target and all that, but traffic was bunching up behind.
I know you aint supposed to and it’s punishment by pain of death :unamused: but I undertook him, following others doing the same, …yeh I know more crap driving. :blush:

When roadworks ended he overtook me, I flashed him in and obviously his mirrors were faulty :unamused: , because he just ignored me and carried on in lane 2, effectively turning the M6 into a 2 lane m.way :smiling_imp: and overtaking next to nothing, …and with traffic behind him stuck because lane 3 was also full at this time.
I followed him (in lane 1 btw) until I pulled in at Sandbach for a coffee, so what was that 15 miles? , and he was still going for it totally oblivious to all those he was holding up and ■■■■■■■ off.

Rob what you seen was someone else who does not care a does as they please.I was always told to keep left.If i was undertaking said driver it would have been with a friendly coffee shake when level with them.

Be on the a14 through kettering,any morning, you get 1 in the middle lane 1 in the outside lane,jack all in the inside lane.

Colin_scottish:
Rob what you seen was someone else who does not care a does as they please.I was always told to keep left.If i was undertaking said driver it would have been with a friendly coffee shake when level with them.

Yeh well I was a bit more polite than that, :smiley: , I saw him looking at me through mirror (these new varifocals are ■■■■ great btw :smiley: ) so I kinda shrugged my shoulders and held my hands out (hands off wheel more crap driving :blush: ) to kind of say… “What else am I supposed to do mate”

Only undertaking if you passed the pulled over in front of the ■■■ :wink:

robroy:

Colin_scottish:

Yeh well I was a bit more polite than that, :smiley: , I saw him looking at me through mirror (these new varifocals are [zb] great btw :smiley: ) so I kinda shrugged my shoulders and held my hands out (hands off wheel more crap driving :blush: ) to kind of say… “What else am I supposed to do mate”

You must have been relaxed and enjoying the drive knowing thatvit was coffee time soon :smiley:

robroy:

Colin_scottish:

Yeh well I was a bit more polite than that, :smiley: , I saw him looking at me through mirror (these new varifocals are [zb] great btw :smiley: ) so I kinda shrugged my shoulders and held my hands out (hands off wheel more crap driving :blush: ) to kind of say… “What else am I supposed to do mate”

You must have been relaxed and enjoying the drive knowing thatvit was coffee time soon :smiley:

Passing on the nearside is not illegal but others may not expect it which is why the HC frowns on it

I believe the protocol is to film this on a dash cam, upload to idiot drivers on Facebook and then make nasty comments about how all [insert company name] drivers are [beeps]. Alternatively, you can overtake them again in lane 3, cut them up and then shout “do you know who I am - I’m RobRoy” - actually that might put more fear into the driver than that Ronnie bloke.

Would love to know if this guy / gal was even watching where they were going, or more likely yapping on the phone and not giving a monkeys about where they were on the road. Considering the number of car drivers you see doing this, it’s maybe a good thing the cost of gaining an HGV licence is so high else the motorways would be choked with this kindof thing.

Btw, why has no one mentioned limping yet? You’re all slipping…! :wink:

You did not undertake Rob, just making normal progress in your lane. If the twunt had been in the correct lane you would have passed him on his right… he wasn’t, so you didn’t.

I’m sure Albion the Pious will be along shortly to tell you done wrong, but rest assured mate you didn’t.

Poor show by an HGV Hogger.

Maybe more muppets maxing out the hours regs and too knackered to remember to make the required lane changes and/or the fact that dumbed down wagons are attracting dumbed down drivers to match. :bulb:

Pretty rare to see a lorry hogging middle lane well in my experience anyway. One thing lorry drivers are good at is returning to the left.

trevHCS:
Alternatively, you can overtake them again in lane 3, cut them up and then shout “do you know who I am - I’m RobRoy” - actually that might put more fear into the driver than that Ronnie bloke.

Thanks for massaging my ego mate, I didn’t know I was so revered. :sunglasses:
Nothing like Ronnie, a big pussycat really…, some have said a ‘Big ■■■■■’ but not sure if that’s the same thing. :laughing: :laughing:

What colour was the cab? It was a DFDS trailer but tey get picked up by subbies all the time.

had one on monday :unamused:

pulled out and 3 wagon lengths to over take an other truck he was going 52mph :unamused: pulled out 2 mile before woodall services moved back over just before M18, he didnt even overtake the other truck as he turned off onto the a57, 4 times i flashed him in and for some reason didnt see all my lights :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: , so i could then crack on

burnley-si:

pulled out and 3 wagon lengths to over take an other truck he was going 52mph :unamused: pulled out 2 mile before woodall services moved back over just before M18

At least he was overtaking, this guy was just sat there for the hell of it most of the time.

Radar it was a white unit. What is the new name for DFDS, is it DVS or something, (or that might be a different co entirely …and I have just slagged them off :blush: :unamused: :smiley: .

robroy:
Radar it was a white unit. What is the new name for DFDS, is it DVS or something, (or that might be a different co entirely …and I have just slagged them off .

Ooh I’m so hurt. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
DSV and DFDS are 2 separate companies. Nowt to do with each other

robroy:

burnley-si:

pulled out and 3 wagon lengths to over take an other truck he was going 52mph :unamused: pulled out 2 mile before woodall services moved back over just before M18

At least he was overtaking, this guy was just sat there for the hell of it most of the time.

Radar it was a white unit. What is the new name for DFDS, is it DVS or something, (or that might be a different co entirely …and I have just slagged them off :blush: :unamused: :smiley: .

It wont be DSV, they are all blue. There are a mixture of white and blue units for DFDS. If it was a topline then it would be one of the trampers. The lesser models are for shift work.

burnley-si:

pulled out and 3 wagon lengths to over take an other truck he was going 52mph :unamused: pulled out 2 mile before woodall services moved back over just before M18, he didnt even overtake the other truck as he turned off onto the a57, 4 times i flashed him in and for some reason didnt see all my lights :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: , so i could then crack on

Artic or rigid?

tezza:

robroy:
Radar it was a white unit. What is the new name for DFDS, is it DVS or something, (or that might be a different co entirely …and I have just slagged them off .

Ooh I’m so hurt. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
DSV and DFDS are 2 separate companies. Nowt to do with each other

That shows how much I know, I’m pretty sure it was DFDS, …but tip for you, never have me as a witness for the prosecution as you will be hanged for riding a bike with no lights :blush: :laughing: