HGV middle lane hogging

tezza:

robroy:
Radar it was a white unit. What is the new name for DFDS, is it DVS or something, (or that might be a different co entirely …and I have just slagged them off .

Ooh I’m so hurt. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
DSV and DFDS are 2 separate companies. Nowt to do with each other

Same company

dsv.com/About-DSV/media/late … ecomes-DSV

ajt:

tezza:

robroy:
Radar it was a white unit. What is the new name for DFDS, is it DVS or something, (or that might be a different co entirely …and I have just slagged them off .

Same company

Sorta, DFDS sold off its transport side, only to find out down the line that they missed it so they created DFDS Logistics out of Norfolk Line which they got as part of a debt owned to them from another company. DFDS took over all of Norfolk line and changed the name to DFDS Logisitcs. Now they are dropping the Logistics as part of a company wide re-brand.

robroy:
[Yeh well I was a bit more polite than that, :smiley: , I saw him looking at me through mirror (these new varifocals are [zb] great btw :smiley: ) "

Yeah I found that, had mine for a couple of years, My Optician told Me that I’d be able to see the speedo better, brilliant in the Car, but the Truck dash, being about 8" further away(I established this, through the advanced measuring method of rocking forward and backwards, then guestimating the accurate distance) is slightly out of focus. But it beets swaping specs to read paperwork.

Oh, and just pass the knob on the inside, as you did :wink:

Radar19:

ajt:

tezza:

robroy:

Same company

Sorta, DFDS sold off its transport side, only to find out down the line that they missed it so they created DFDS Logistics out of Norfolk Line which they got as part of a debt owned to them from another company. DFDS took over all of Norfolk line and changed the name to DFDS Logisitcs. Now they are dropping the Logistics as part of a company wide re-brand.

So what bit of the did Frans Maas(probably the best company ever to have existed) end up in. They got bought by DSV in 2004 :wink:

Used to drive me nuts when I commuted along the A1 between Dishforth and Angel of the North… I think it’s pretty much dual carriageway most of the way there? Or was…and yeah, dualling banjos between HGV’s as to who can cause the longest tailbacks in history. Nothing more painful to sit at 55mph watching one hgv drag its arse past another, only to slow to 54mph on a slight incline and have to do it all over again a mile up the road…

That was when I was an obnoxious BMW driver. I’m still obnoxious.

:neutral_face:

robroy:

burnley-si:
had one on monday :unamused:

pulled out and 3 wagon lengths to over take an other truck he was going 52mph :unamused: pulled out 2 mile before woodall services moved back over just before M18

At least he was overtaking, this guy was just sat there for the hell of it most of the time.

Radar it was a white unit. What is the new name for DFDS, is it DVS or something, (or that might be a different co entirely …and I have just slagged them off :blush: :unamused: :smiley: .

he just managed to get his cab level wit hthe back axle on the trailer :open_mouth:

tonyj105:
Be on the a14 through kettering,any morning, you get 1 in the middle lane 1 in the outside lane,jack all in the inside lane.

That’s because lane 1 is for the A43. Lanes 2 and 3 are for the A14. The three lane section isn’t really long enough to justify moving over to move back again, unless it really is dead.

Javiatrix:

tonyj105:
Be on the a14 through kettering,any morning, you get 1 in the middle lane 1 in the outside lane,jack all in the inside lane.

That’s because lane 1 is for the A43. Lanes 2 and 3 are for the A14. The three lane section isn’t really long enough to justify moving over to move back again, unless it really is dead.

Yes it is, loads of time to move over to let faster traffic through thus reducing congestion on our roads. Then bollock it back over later on.

I’ve done a course on lane changing on a previous thread for those who are nervous drivers. In essence indicate early pick your victim wisely and watch as they let you out. If they don’t either wobble about a bit making the car behind them nervous or cut the bugger up. Surprising how giving other road users thinking time helps a lot.

Making sure to indicate left and right afterwards as an ironic thank-you which not only winds em up or diffuses the situation (I ain’t bothered either way) but helps neutralise dashcam footage on squealtube in a “you must have flashed em out” stylee.