Clamp-down on middle lane hogs

Did any of you see the article in the Daily Mail yesterday? It seems ministers are about to hit m-way middle lane hogs hard,and not before time.They say they cause accidents,reduce road capicity,and infuriate other drivers.We’ve been trying to tell them this for a long time.

The government are to introduce moves to encourage lane discipline by way of signs on gantries overhead,saying keep left,unless overtaking.I hope it works to educate the airheads who don’t know how to drive.I will wait with bated breath.What do you think? I think they should issue tickets to the 50 mph middle lane hoggers.

Glenn,

Its here in the Trucknet news room

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4070

Good Idea if it works! not so sure it will work, but its worth a try I reckon!

Can’t hurt to try but how effective it will be remains to be seen.

Knowing how good a driver your average middle lane moron is they would probably crash trying to read the warning signs

simon

How are they going to enforce this long awaited good idea, there aren’t enough trafpols on the road, unless they come up with a centre lane owners club safety camera pratnership scheme.

how about raising the fee’s of the mloc :laughing: :laughing:
what about having a system like the bus lane cameras wouldnt that work?
but with a regognition (spelling :blush: :blush: ) system for vehicles under 7.5t or could this be another tax idea to clobber the hard working trucker :imp: :imp:
chris

I know it’s a bit of a pain but if you are held up by a car in the middle lane in the UK you have the right to stop at a roadside phone and report the culprit, he should then be stopped by the nearest cop and booked for obstruction, you must be willing to press charges which can take up your valuable time.
i did it once in 1992, the bloke got a 150 quid fine.

Don’t forget this also to applies to truckies as well!!!
I was coming round the 25 tonight between Reigate and the A3 split … 4 lanes all the way and a 17 tonner was sat out in the second lane the whole way!!! The traffic was heavy and in the end one truck overtook him on the outside and I undertook him on the inside, at the same time, between Jcs9 and 10 … when I last saw him, he was still sat in the second lane. ■■■■■■

Pat Hasler:
I know it’s a bit of a pain but if you are held up by a car in the middle lane in the UK you have the right to stop at a roadside phone and report the culprit, he should then be stopped by the nearest cop and booked for obstruction, you must be willing to press charges which can take up your valuable time.
i did it once in 1992, the bloke got a 150 quid fine.

I’ve stopped several times to report debris on our motorways but each time the phone will just ring and ring for minutes and nobody will answer it. I’ve given that idea up now as it seems like the calls are rerouted to a Bombay call centre :cry:

Come on police you should at least answer within the first minute, isn’t that we pay our taxes for?

Rant over

Calv

THE POLICE ARE ALL [ZB’S] :angry:

Don’t sit on the fence Rob, tell us how you really feel. :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Rob K:
THE POLICE ARE ALL [ZB’S] :angry:

Well said that man! :smiling_imp: