Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

DIG:

Dipster:

DIG:

oiltreader:
Your territory DIG ?.
Oily

I.m pretty sure that photo was taken at the small town Gascoyne Junction when they were constructing the new bridge over the Gassy River which previously was a low level crossing.
The river at this point not deep but wide and still has a couple of hundred kilometres to go to Canarvon where it enters the sea.
There is a middle road that goes from Perth to Onslow and the Exmouth area which was called in horse and cart days the Wool Road ,a pleasant drive which we have done 3 or 4 times now good gravel roads and little traffic.

Dig

Is that an OKA light truck in one of your pics? Are they still in business?

Quite correct Dipster that OKA belongs to my wife and I ,the Oka factory is no longer in existence but a private company now refurbishs old OKAs fitting ■■■■■■■ engines auto gear boxes there is one offered at 6 wheel drive for half a mill if your in the market.
If you google 6 wheel drive Oka it should give you all the information about Oka these day
Cheers
Dig

Nice idea about the 6x6 but I think I will have to pass on that and continue with my '98 Defender. Only due to lack of support and spares for OKA in Europe, not the price of course… But they looked quite handy vehicles, guess the market was not there, eh?.