Employee of the month

…not me lol…but another driver,his fuel consumption was good,ran everywhere on Eco…minimum harsh braking etc.,is now in BIG trouble.after having a problem when checking his tail-lift in the yard,he took his eye off the ball,and dropped his trailer on it’s knees :frowning: there was damage to his unit,and to the trailer legs,so i’m told.i think this is a sack-able offence,so from hero to zero for that poor guy.

Happens to the best of them :wink:

He would STILL get employee of the month at my place - we all do damage on a regular basis.

JeffA:
He would STILL get employee of the month at my place - we all do damage on a regular basis.

i’ll let him know :laughing:

Every driver, no matter how good they think they are or how much better they think they are against other driver ls, is capable of dropping a blunder. I personally don’t like seeing anyone lose their job or be at risk of it, especially before Christmas.

i agree,toonsy.he’s a nice guy,so hopefully just get off with a warning.

carryfast-yeti:
i agree,toonsy.he’s a nice guy,so hopefully just get off with a warning.

Hopefully not with a red-hot poker.

It’s…

Instant dismissal at Eddie’s.

“Employee of the month” ffs :unamused:

Bet you get something as a top drawer reward, I’m guessing a brand new lanyard or a hi vis with your name emblazoned across it.

Maybe as a Brucie bonus you get your very own personalised bottle of hand sanitiser too?

I’m guessing DHL or Culina. Or perhaps another equally vomit inducing firm…

I knew drivers at my old place who were always in the office brown nosing and thinking they were well in and their sh*te didn’t stink but when they screwed up they were told to leave and never darken our door again just like they’d would to any of us regular peons.

But I’m not saying this guy was like that, some drivers just want to do a good job. :sunglasses:

I think the ■■■■■ not stinking can be an early sign of health problems.

remy:
I knew drivers at my old place who were always in the office brown nosing and thinking they were well in and their sh*te didn’t stink but when they screwed up they were told to leave and never darken our door again just like they’d would to any of us regular peons.

But I’m not saying this guy was like that, some drivers just want to do a good job. :sunglasses:

Yep.
I’ve known a few drivers who has ‘aspirations’ of getting into management and such.
So they would smash their deliveries in record time making everyone else look bad.
And when a management position came out some spotty kid with a university degree would get it who has never driven in their life. The reason he got told for not being offered the role was he is too valuable as a driver and ‘we dont have any drivers capable doing your route’.

Either way it is a stupid scenario. Once management know you are capable of doing say 15 deliveries a day instead of 8/9 you will get 15 deliveries everyday and be constantly rushing around.

I did it once at Tesco’s, dropped a empty trailer. A driver came over for a chat as I was unhitching and I never did my final check before I pulled away. No damage got the Trailer back up straight away but by the time I got into the office I had already been reported by a driver after some brownie points. Banned for life driving at any Tesco site :open_mouth:

Since then I refused to shop there…that will teach them :smiling_imp:

One of our guys did that with the shunter, although someone else had hooked up the trailer, as he was moving it, it dropped onto the rear wheels!!! He’s still there!

Still there? He married the driver!

JeffA:
Still there? He married the driver!

Na, they can’t recruit new drivers, so they keep the ones that are already there…

adam277:

remy:

Yep.
I’ve known a few drivers who has ‘aspirations’ of getting into management and such.
So they would smash their deliveries in record time making everyone else look bad.
And when a management position came out some spotty kid with a university degree would get it who has never driven in their life. The reason he got told for not being offered the role was he is too valuable as a driver and ‘we dont have any drivers capable doing your route’.

Either way it is a stupid scenario. Once management know you are capable of doing say 15 deliveries a day instead of 8/9 you will get 15 deliveries everyday and be constantly rushing around.

Beat me to it, I’d have laughed my bits off if I’d been there when he dropped the trailer on it’s knees…and made doubly sure he’d seen me doing it.
Most of these never do wrong types who’s life aim is to please their boss are usually right up the management’s arse.
If you are actually any good as a driver you can achieve decent fuel returns etc with out even conciously trying anyway. :bulb:

A couple of years ago my lot came up with the brainwave of whoever came out tops over the year in all that type of harsh braking/eco dog ■■■■ ., won a prize…the prize?
Wait for it…

A trip to a truck manufacturer with the company owner and our transport manager for a couple of days stay. :laughing: :laughing:

Now the usual suspects jumped at the idea, where as the first thing I did was tell the lad in the office not to include me in all of this in case I won. :smiley:
Pins in the eyeballs would have been a preferable alternative to having to accept the ‘‘prize’’… :laughing:

robroy:

adam277:

remy:

Yep.

Beat me to it, I’d have laughed my bits off if I’d been there when he dropped the trailer on it’s knees…and made doubly sure he’d seen me doing it.
Most of these never do wrong types who’s life aim is to please their boss are usually right up the management’s arse.
If you are actually any good as a driver you can achieve decent fuel returns etc with out even conciously trying anyway. :bulb:

A couple of years ago my lot came up with the brainwave of whoever came out tops over the year in all that type of harsh braking/eco dog [zb] ., won a prize…the prize?
Wait for it…

A trip to a truck manufacturer with the company owner and our transport manager for a couple of days stay. :laughing: :laughing:

Now the usual suspects jumped at the idea, where as the first thing I did was tell the lad in the office not to include me in all of this in case I won. :smiley:
Pins in the eyeballs would have been a preferable alternative to having to accept the ‘‘prize’’… :laughing:

That sounds like a punishment lol.
Then again I’ve known people who would love that.
I.e I knew someone who did a 50 mile round trip every weekend to wash his truck on a Saturday for free.

Complacency is a btch. I had a knock while reversing a few days ago at a place where I’ve been over 200 times and reversed with no issue. Luckily it was the steel pole guard near the bay entrance that I knocked and the trailer happened to have a bumper so 0 damage to either. It’s when you convince yourself you’ve had it all figured out when crap happens.

I have to be very careful around gate posts, I tend to reverse into them, the last one was expensive to repair… whoops!!!