A reminder- please take note

For your own wellbeing.

This week alone two members on this forum have been called in to their companies offices for an interview without tea and biscuits - both have asked me to alert other members to the possibility of landing themselves in trouble

They were called in solely and completly due to posts they have made on these forums- I have said time and time again this site gets well indexed by the search engines and any bosses will quickly find comments made.

Also most of the larger companies do have accounts on here and monitor what is said- Please take note if your company has a policy on using social media.

People have lost their jobs by being indiscreet on here - please think before you post

Opps whos been a naughty boy then lol?

They were both self employed as well!

They probably won’t own up will they, but I find it always wise to be careful about naming companies whilst actually working for them. I have no problem saying about the work in more general terms but bad mouthing your employer will get you disciplinary procedures started. I guess either bringing your companies name into disrepute, their clients or customers as well as anything they can throw at you…

Look on the bright side. Most of us don’t have to use our real name here and only the moderators can see our public IPs. I have been in forums where I have had to use my real name and my IP is shown for all to see, or the resolvable hostname…

Most of us don’t have to use our real name here and only the moderators can see our public IPs

True - and while we dont normally reveal IP address’s ( we would want a court order to do so) - it doesnt take Sherlock Holmes to match an incident posted on here with a driver - especially when photo’s or precise locations are included.

Just be a little careful is all we are saying- TruckNet is a bit of fun, not something to lose your job over

I reckon one of them was limyphil, for refusing to run over by 10mins to get back to the yard :smiling_imp:

I only have extremely good things to say about the company i work for so dont mind them seeing what i put on here, but to be fair i dont think the office staff/guys in charge have the time to be watching these forums, they all work like dogs!

Saaamon:
I reckon one of them was limyphil, for refusing to run over by 10mins to get back to the yard :smiling_imp:

I only have extremely good things to say about the company i work for so dont mind them seeing what i put on here, but to be fair i dont think the office staff/guys in charge have the time to be watching these forums, they all work like dogs!

thats what they make you think :wink: secretly they are having parties and just turn the music down when you ring in

Saaamon:

That doesn’t sound like phil :s lol

ST3:

Saaamon:

thats what they make you think :wink: secretly they are having parties and just turn the music down when you ring in

lol! im not saying anymore,

ibson:

Saaamon:

That doesn’t sound like phil :s lol

I reckon really, he runs as straight as a dye :wink: lol

i had a phone call one friday afternoon from the TM that i subby for, this was after a post i made in a thread in the owner drivers forum, my post was regarding loyalty from companies to subbies

well, let’s just say, the TM read it and was not very happy with me for posting it, then when he actually investigated what i had posted, he found that i was indeed, very well informed, and was more ■■■■■■ off that it was going on without his knowledge

and yes, it did get sorted :wink:

I reckon some members have had more drama’s than Eastenders and treat their posts with the same amount of respect the script writers from Eastenders get from me. Not saying anyone is fibbing- or making up stories but some folks on here have had more “adventures” in the last two years than me in 30+ and many of my mates with alot more experience and the sad thing is they dont realise they are getting laughed at - just saying ( not aimed at anyone in particular but if the cap fits)

I’m the only one out of about 50 drivers from our depot on here and I’m very carefull when using place and times about something as not to be identified and as for my user name that could describe about 30 of our drivers so no worries there.

I have a saying also. If you want every one to know it and spread it, tell one person or post it! If it should be kept quiet… then just do that!

bald bloke:
I’m the only one out of about 50 drivers from our depot on here and I’m very carefull when using place and times about something as not to be identified and as for my user name that could describe about 30 of our drivers so no worries there.

Is your username a double bluff and your really combover guy? :laughing:

bald bloke:

Then again I don’t actually ever recall slagging my company off or anyone who works there either.

oatcake1967:

bald bloke:

Is your username a double bluff and your really combover guy? :laughing:

It might be but then again it might not be :confused:

Funny you should mention this as one of the planners at Downtons mentioned he recognised me from my avatar yesterday

Years ago I was pulled in to a disciplinary and one of the first things the company director said was that ‘Before last night we had no problem with your posts, and your photos of our units at work all over the country were stunning in some places and just helpful for ideas in other places, but now you’ve gone too far’.

I’d asked for advice about metal fatigue as the local fitter and manager had lied about a repair, fobbed me off and a colleague could have been killed when the machine separated in use…

Time for me to move on…

dar1976:
Funny you should mention this as one of the planners at Downtons mentioned he recognised me from my avatar yesterday

Yeah but you’ve got to admit posting your own picture on here ain’t the best idea really is it.