A reminder- please take note

bald bloke:

dar1976:
Funny you should mention this as one of the planners at Downtons mentioned he recognised me from my avatar yesterday

Yeah but you’ve got to admit posting your own picture on here ain’t the best idea really is it.

I’ve got my name in the front window of the truck, same thing really.

Saaamon:

bald bloke:

dar1976:
Funny you should mention this as one of the planners at Downtons mentioned he recognised me from my avatar yesterday

Yeah but you’ve got to admit posting your own picture on here ain’t the best idea really is it.

I’ve got my name in the front window of the truck, same thing really.

There are plenty with your name but Dar’s face is pretty unique :wink: I’ve not ‘seen’ him for about 4 years now yet I still recognise him and just from what he has posted, I am sure others will too.

I, for example, use a front corner of a Range Rover Classic; As DieselDave pointed out on Monday when I identified myself in his ADR class :wink:

My work is quite big in this and a couple of people over the last few years have lost their jobs because of incidents involving social networking sites.

I’ve been trying to go through all my old posts and edit the names out where I’ve mentioned them, but I think it’s impossible as other people have quoted etc. I just hope I haven’t said anything bad!

It’s easy to forget what effect bad mouthing can have these days on Internet forums.

bald bloke:

dar1976:

I’ve got nothing to hide

dar1976:

bald bloke:

dar1976:

I’ve got nothing to hide

+1

bald bloke:
I’m the only one out of about 50 drivers from our depot on here

you can’t be sure, you never know :wink:

Saaamon:

dar1976:

bald bloke:

dar1976:

I’ve got nothing to hide

+1

And like I said previously I’ve never slagged my company off.

I am able to be fairly open with my posts, but it doesn’t take long to identify someone either from their location, lorry, user name, Google search or linked in.

I am in the middle of doing a quite involved family tree and it amuses me how many time a post from Trucknet comes up in a search :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
I am able to be fairly open with my posts, but it doesn’t take long to identify someone either from their location, lorry, user name, Google search or linked in.

I am in the middle of doing a quite involved family tree and it amuses me how many time a post from Trucknet comes up in a search :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that because your real name is known on here ?

ST3:

Saaamon:
I reckon one of them was limyphil, for refusing to run over by 10mins to get back to the yard :smiling_imp:

I only have extremely good things to say about the company i work for so dont mind them seeing what i put on here, but to be fair i dont think the office staff/guys in charge have the time to be watching these forums, they all work like dogs!

thats what they make you think :wink: secretly they are having parties and just turn the music down when you ring in

Here’s one for you. If you are on 89.55 fortnight or 9.55 single day, or even 4.25 without a break… You’re 15 minutes out from the yard, and you decide to pull into a layby instead.

At this point you presumably call someone to pick you up…

My question is What would be shown on the VEHICLE tacho register should someone decide to pop their card at that point, and drive the last 15 minutes back home? - We all must have driven a solo tractor around the yard without bothering to put a card in (eg. service, derv it, use it for a quick shunt) so I’m wondering how bad that “driving without card” error registers on the vehicle digitacho? :question:

bald bloke:

Wheel Nut:

…Maybe his name is the same as an RDC…? :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: :blush:

Winseer:

ST3:

Saaamon:
I reckon one of them was limyphil, for refusing to run over by 10mins to get back to the yard :smiling_imp:

I only have extremely good things to say about the company i work for so dont mind them seeing what i put on here, but to be fair i dont think the office staff/guys in charge have the time to be watching these forums, they all work like dogs!

thats what they make you think :wink: secretly they are having parties and just turn the music down when you ring in

Here’s one for you. If you are on 89.55 fortnight or 9.55 single day, or even 4.25 without a break… You’re 15 minutes out from the yard, and you decide to pull into a layby instead.

My question is What would be shown on the VEHICLE tacho register should someone decide to pop their card at that point, and drive the last 15 minutes back home? - We all must have driven a solo tractor around the yard without bothering to put a card in (eg. service, derv it, use it for a quick shunt) so I’m wondering how bad that “driving without card” error registers on the vehicle digitacho? :question:

Its better to show it, going over by 15mins isn’t going to get you locked up. I use to have a list of the prices but lost them now, anyway i think its cheaper to go over than failing to keep records which i think it would be classed as, but mite be considered falsifying though.

bald bloke:

Wheel Nut:

To some yes, to others they only know what I tell them.

If you are Nigerian, my sort code is 40-32-12 and my account number consists of 8 numbers between 1 & 9 :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

bald bloke:

Wheel Nut:

To some yes, to others they only know what I tell them.

If you are Nigerian, my sort code is 40-32-12 and my account number consists of 8 numbers between 1 & 9 :stuck_out_tongue:

No zeros cuts down the permutations by quite a lot… As for the buxom-but-very-small arse…The jury is still out on that one :unamused: :smiling_imp:

Winseer:

ST3:

Saaamon:

15 minutes down the M2 at 56mph would be easy to work out, but shifting a trailer onto the wash bay would be much easier to explain :wink:

I see the current state of affairs as an erosion of freedoms.
But then I suppose it is indicative of a country and culture, that has it`s population under scrutiny that the Eastern bloc could have only ever dreamt of in days gone by.

It is a very peculiar place that we have found ourselves in.
Mr Orwell was spookily accurate in his writings :open_mouth:

Personally, I dont give a toss, because I dont have to…I have a big mouth and it has cost me employment in the past, but I would rather live like that, than have to bottle it all up and go on a massive killing spree. :wink:

Don’t take this thread lightly. I slagged off my last but one company. There was a small sniff of me getting back in with them recently (a job I loved) But was told that the TM doesn’t like me because of the words I used here. So the owner decided to let the TM decide…I ain’t working there!!! :wink:

When it comes to online activities I’m a big believer in the saying ‘don’t air your dirty washing in public’. If you have a problem raise it with the company, not on here. As has been seen slagging people off online won’t sort the problem and will often cause an even bigger one.

dar1976:

bald bloke:

dar1976:

I’ve got nothing to hide

If that’s your face on your avatar, you should hide it. It’s no oil painting. :laughing:

DieselDemon:
If that’s your face on your avatar, you should hide it. It’s no oil painting. :laughing:

viewtopic.php?t=85658

Not everyone agrees :slight_smile:.

Thanks for your valuable input :slight_smile: