A reminder- please take note

DieselDemon:
If that’s your face on your avatar, you should hide it. It’s no oil painting. :laughing:

Oh I dunno. Picasso had his good days. :grimacing:

dar1976:

DieselDemon:
If that’s your face on your avatar, you should hide it. It’s no oil painting. :laughing:

viewtopic.php?t=85658

Not everyone agrees :slight_smile:.

Thanks for your valuable input :slight_smile:

Only kidding, I’m jealous really, my mug is horrific. :laughing:

bigvern1:
Don’t take this thread lightly. I slagged off my last but one company. There was a small sniff of me getting back in with them recently (a job I loved) But was told that the TM doesn’t like me because of the words I used here. So the owner decided to let the TM decide…I ain’t working there!!! :wink:

But, if the TRUTH hurts : TSB! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Just saying…They do read these pages s’all! :wink:

bald bloke:

oatcake1967:

bald bloke:
I’m the only one out of about 50 drivers from our depot on here and I’m very carefull when using place and times about something as not to be identified and as for my user name that could describe about 30 of our drivers so no worries there.

Is your username a double bluff and your really combover guy? :laughing:

It might be but then again it might not be :confused:

Could be a triple bluff, the combover being a syrup. :laughing: :laughing:

Winseer:
My question is What would be shown on the VEHICLE tacho register should someone decide to pop their card at that point, and drive the last 15 minutes back home? - We all must have driven a solo tractor around the yard without bothering to put a card in (eg. service, derv it, use it for a quick shunt) so I’m wondering how bad that “driving without card” error registers on the vehicle digitacho? :question:

Why create a false record? I understand the penalty for that is harsher than an accurate one with infringements.

As for those occasions when the unit is used without a driver card the office would have to justify why. E.G. driver card faulty - manual printouts. Yard usage - tracking log, gate timings, mileage records.

I like my company I work for (Wolseley) as stated in many of my posts so I have nothing too hide

(Can I please have a pay rise now ■■?)

Fatboy slimslow:

bigvern1:
Don’t take this thread lightly. I slagged off my last but one company. There was a small sniff of me getting back in with them recently (a job I loved) But was told that the TM doesn’t like me because of the words I used here. So the owner decided to let the TM decide…I ain’t working there!!! :wink:

But, if the TRUTH hurts : TSB! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Yeah but whose truth hurts more?

You can get the jail for a twitter comment nowadays i think before i type (usually) :laughing:

I think it’s worth pointing this out: When I worked for possibly the worst place to buy your DIY materials in the UK (Wickes), I discovered that Wickes subscribe to a service that informs them of ALL mentions of it’s brand name online.

It is not possible to mention the company ‘Wickes’ online without them knowing.

According to my 17yr old line manager, if I were to post on a random forum that I had an extremely unpleasant experience during the delivery of my DIY items purchased from ‘Wickes’, then a record of that posting would land in his inbox within 1/2hr !

I feel it’s important to mention this, ‘cos a few of you might be under the impression that just because your boss is a technological dinosaur & there is a 1 in 1000,000 chance that they’re browsing this forum, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll not be tipped off by some co’ that earns it living in sneaky ways.

I’ve huge respect for the company I work for,and for the guys that run the office.
I’ve never mentioned the company name as I wish to be able to post here without any worries that
they may take something I say the wrong way.
Sure, sometimes they annoy me and vice-versa, we’re all human.
I’ve only ever identified myself to one chap on here via a PM as we have a rare common
interest outside of driving trucks.

As Ricci said earlier, this is only a fun space. Don’t let it cost you a job.

Chas:
I think it’s worth pointing this out: When I worked for possibly the worst place to buy your DIY materials in the UK (Wickes), I discovered that Wickes subscribe to a service that informs them of ALL mentions of it’s brand name online.

That will be a teenage geek sat in his bedroom using google :wink:

206doorman:
only ever identified myself to one chap on here via a PM as we have a rare common
interest outside of driving trucks.

Swinging?

Chas:

According to my 17yr old line manager, if I were to post on a random forum that I had an extremely unpleasant experience during the delivery of my DIY items purchased from ‘Wickes’, then a record of that posting would land in his inbox within 1/2hr !

So if I was to say that Wickes is the worst possible place to buy DIY materials and is totally sub-standard to B&Q, Homebase, or anywhere else imaginable, then someone from Wickes would read that?

Cool!

Harry Monk:

Chas:

So if I was to say that Wickes is the worst possible place to buy DIY materials and is totally sub-standard to B&Q, Homebase, or anywhere else imaginable, then someone from Wickes would read that?

Cool!

Orys has the same system set to anything with the words East European. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Well, it has got their name on it!

(sorry)

Winseer:

ST3:

Saaamon:
I reckon one of them was limyphil, for refusing to run over by 10mins to get back to the yard :smiling_imp:

I only have extremely good things to say about the company i work for so dont mind them seeing what i put on here, but to be fair i dont think the office staff/guys in charge have the time to be watching these forums, they all work like dogs!

thats what they make you think :wink: secretly they are having parties and just turn the music down when you ring in

Here’s one for you. If you are on 89.55 fortnight or 9.55 single day, or even 4.25 without a break… You’re 15 minutes out from the yard, and you decide to pull into a layby instead.

At this point you presumably call someone to pick you up…

My question is What would be shown on the VEHICLE tacho register should someone decide to pop their card at that point, and drive the last 15 minutes back home? - We all must have driven a solo tractor around the yard without bothering to put a card in (eg. service, derv it, use it for a quick shunt) so I’m wondering how bad that “driving without card” error registers on the vehicle digitacho? :question:

We had VOSA in this week looking at our tachos, i spent 90 minutes with one of them going through our computer analysis system etc.

Not will “driving without etc etc” show up, but it will also throw missing mileage reports if it is a digi tacho. I thought we did quite well with this, however the first vehicle she asked me pull up showed a missing of nearly 5000km!
Took a worried few minutes to work that it was because we hadn’t downloaded the drivers card or the VU for that particular week yet, but we had for the drivers either side of it!

Anyway, the VOSA lady said that do not expect missing mileages of anymore than 5km when they come in to do an inspection…anything 5-15 worries them, 15+ and they are very suspicious!

Likewise for driving without a card, the smaller the amount of time showing the happier they are, the bigger the amount, the more suspicious they become.

If I’m ■■■■■■ off with the job, I move on - hence my library size 10yr checkable history.

But, if I posted something on here, and my company didn’t like it, a) prove I wrote it, b) stop snooping you sad gits and c) erm… GGRRR …

Seriously though, I do sort of agree, you can’t bad mouth firms and their customers and expect to get away with it, you can’t do it in person, you can’t do it in the yard (someone WILL hear you) and you can’t do it online.

I think my avatar is a photo of me - I’ll check when this is posted (can’t be bothered finding another post) and my username is my name anyway, people either know me as waynedl or wd40.

I wouldn’t put anything on here that I wouldn’t say to their faces, but I’d say it to their face 1st.

Chas:

I feel it’s important to mention this, ‘cos a few of you might be under the impression that just because your boss is a technological dinosaur & there is a 1 in 1000,000 chance that they’re browsing this forum, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll not be tipped off by some co’ that earns it living in sneaky ways.

Its a shame that Wickes didn’t spend some of their time and effort on their website. Www.wickes.co.uk must be one of the worst websites to attempt to get some useful information out of. Many a time I have given up using Wickes.co.uk because it is totally useless.

Chas:

To be honest I think your teenage line manager should leave the mushrooms alone :smiley: :wink: