Employee of the month

If he’s an otherwise good driver then a sacking for a one off dropping its trailer on its knees seems a bit harsh. I doubt there’ll be any who don’t do it at least once in their driving careers. Most of the time it results in being just a case of putting it in low gear and doing the wind of shame.

Stephenjp:

JeffA:
Still there? He married the driver!

Na, they can’t recruit new drivers, so they keep the ones that are already there…

So if they got married, that’s quite the political marriage then, init! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

well the news of the trailer-dropper is,he has kept his job,but will be treading on eggshells for the next 12 months…as will the clown who has been disciplined over a ‘roll-away’…also in our yard.
i think the ‘driver shortage’,has probably saved them.

Be honest - those mugshot pics that go up - don’t inspire people… Rather they showcase some “firm’s boy/girl” who likely will have to jump some kind of woke test fence before getting the award, and won’t exactly demand much respect from the fellow workforce once they have it…

These meaningless titles - would be sweetned somewhat, if they actually made a positive difference to one’s life…

Otherwise, it’s like putting down “I woz milk monitor at school” on your CV…

Few people actually enjoy accidentally making such mistakes or go out of their way to deliberately damaging vehicles (though i’ve known one or two), and some are walking disaster zones who no one in their right would have employed inthe first place, typically the tear arse haven’t a minute to live crew who often screw up repeatedly taking the same short cuts to speed the job up but which fail repeatedly, sign of lunacy doing something repeatedly and expecting a different result :unamused: , but even for the most careful and reliable there comes a moment when it goes pear shaped.
Glad to hear the lad kept his job.

The runaway, again that depends how the driver handled it the moment it happened, calmly stopping the vehicle by hitting the (presumably artic) trailer brake or removing the red line so the ‘runaway’ was a matter of inches or a few feet at most is one thing, a panicking driver wildy chasing the vehicle across a yard and risking their life trying to get up into a moving cab is something else entirely.

As for brown nosers, they are everywhere,an otherwise very able agency lad had a runaway which he stopped in a matter of 3 ft by reapplying the trailer park brake, however the trainer of the time witnessed it and instead of giving him a bollocking (which i would have done and that be the last heard of the incident) couldn’t get himself upstairs fast enough for a pat on the head from the TM, who incidentally couldn’t abide the pillock, agency driver banned permanently.

I wonder if runaways in particular are now more likely or increasing in number with the gradual change to electric parking brakes (itself an answer to a question no one asked), where it should be obvious to anyone the position of a proper park brake means its on and no mistake i for one do not like relying on a tiny backlight in a switch telling me the vehicle is safely parked, and yes in theory once the door is opened the park brake on (most i’ve used) vehicles will apply itself if you forget it, once the truck has a few winter salt baths and several intances of the ever larger drivers door being wrenched round by the wind, will the auto brake application be as reliable.

Juddian:
The runaway, again that depends how the driver handled it the moment it happened

Picking a trailer…

Up at Clinton Cards whilst sitting in the cab, I got talking to a driver about something or other. When I got out and started winding the legs up, the whole lot set off down the slope.
To this day, I have no idea how I got from the legs, onto the catwalk and pulled the red line off in under 3 seconds. :open_mouth:

yourhavingalarf:

Juddian:
The runaway, again that depends how the driver handled it the moment it happened

Picking a trailer…

Up at Clinton Cards whilst sitting in the cab, I got talking to a driver about something or other. When I got out and started winding the legs up, the whole lot set off down the slope.
To this day, I have no idea how I got from the legs, onto the catwalk and pulled the red line off in under 3 seconds. :open_mouth:

Adrenalin i suppose, but well done for saving the day, and yep being interrupted is fatal, once you get out of sequence anything can happen, i don’t interfere with anyone doing critical tasks and appreciate the same courtesy.

My confession is, loading an entire top deck of cars, this was back in the day when transporters were simpler and cars were strapped down underbody (safer and better), always put a safety ■■■■■■■■ the last car on whilst raising/lowering the decks, at that point the bloke who thought he was the company comedian came and pestered me, when i got to the destination discovered to my shock that safety was the only ■■■■■■■■ the entire top deck of 5 cars, thankfully an incident free smooth journey.

Juddian:
discovered to my shock that safety was the only ■■■■■■■■ the entire top deck of 5 cars, thankfully an incident free smooth journey.

I hope…

You selected 6 lottery numbers after that. :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:

Juddian:
discovered to my shock that safety was the only ■■■■■■■■ the entire top deck of 5 cars, thankfully an incident free smooth journey.

I hope…

You selected 6 lottery numbers after that. :smiley:

I used to work with a bloke that only ever strapped the first and last cars on a flat deck :open_mouth:
As for lottery numbers, nah don’t do it, have been very lucky in love which according to the saying means luck at cards/gambling is non existant.

Juddian:
Few people actually enjoy accidentally making such mistakes or go out of their way to deliberately damaging vehicles (though i’ve known one or two), and some are walking disaster zones who no one in their right would have employed inthe first place, typically the tear arse haven’t a minute to live crew who often screw up repeatedly taking the same short cuts to speed the job up but which fail repeatedly, sign of lunacy doing something repeatedly and expecting a different result :unamused: , but even for the most careful and reliable there comes a moment when it goes pear shaped.
Glad to hear the lad kept his job.

The runaway, again that depends how the driver handled it the moment it happened, calmly stopping the vehicle by hitting the (presumably artic) trailer brake or removing the red line so the ‘runaway’ was a matter of inches or a few feet at most is one thing, a panicking driver wildy chasing the vehicle across a yard and risking their life trying to get up into a moving cab is something else entirely.

As for brown nosers, they are everywhere,an otherwise very able agency lad had a runaway which he stopped in a matter of 3 ft by reapplying the trailer park brake, however the trainer of the time witnessed it and instead of giving him a bollocking (which i would have done and that be the last heard of the incident) couldn’t get himself upstairs fast enough for a pat on the head from the TM, who incidentally couldn’t abide the pillock, agency driver banned permanently.

I wonder if runaways in particular are now more likely or increasing in number with the gradual change to electric parking brakes (itself an answer to a question no one asked), where it should be obvious to anyone the position of a proper park brake means its on and no mistake i for one do not like relying on a tiny backlight in a switch telling me the vehicle is safely parked, and yes in theory once the door is opened the park brake on (most i’ve used) vehicles will apply itself if you forget it, once the truck has a few winter salt baths and several intances of the ever larger drivers door being wrenched round by the wind, will the auto brake application be as reliable.

the runaway driver is keeping quiet about it Juddian…but from what i gather,it was someone walking by who spotted his error.no injuries and no damage done,it was on the flat so another lucky boy!

^^ i’ve always said you need a decent helping of luck in this game, yes of course you help make your own luck to a certain extent.

I know, and i’ll bet every other long term driver can remember too, those heart stopping moments where, had it not been for that bit of luck or the right timing, it should have ended much differently than it did.

Juddian:
^^ i’ve always said you need a decent helping of luck in this game, yes of course you help make your own luck to a certain extent.

I know, and i’ll bet every other long term driver can remember too, those heart stopping moments where, had it not been for that bit of luck or the right timing, it should have ended much differently than it did.

Absolutely.
I won`t list my sins, but there have been plenty of “opportunities for self-criticism and improvement”… :smiley:

yourhavingalarf:
It’s…

Instant dismissal at Eddie’s.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] is it? From my personal experience it isn’t albeit no one saw me drop it [emoji4][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk