You don't really need all the bling

Dr Damon:

Geoffo:

No you don’t need all the bling, but that’s my choice.

Some trucks look great with some extra things on it.

EG. Check out MarkH’s Scania. Nice bling & not over the top.

Very nice and smart. It’s all you need.

Thanks Dr Damon…

Andrew G… I have a 600 litre tank on drivers side & a 400 litre tank (plus Ad-blue) on the other side. I don’t have stacks, although they do look good. Not my cup of tea though…

Plain & simple for me with just a few added touches…

AndrewG:
Virtually identical to mine lwb 4x2. The side deflectors are a must :sunglasses: I specced mine with a 1480litre tank, sits on the offside with all the ancillary components fitted nearside. Durabrite Alcoas, low light bar, SAF low profile slider and stainless Eminox stack juts out from the side of the air deflector.
Wish id posted a pic of mine before i had the company name added to the doors… :frowning:

Yeah well that’s not a lwb my dear!!! :laughing:

And according to your post here a year ago, you ordered your imaginary FH16 with a regular Globetrotter cab, not an XL: Why not spec a top of the range truck? - #4 by andrewg - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

In addition the differences between an FH and an FH16 don’t stop with the badge, so to claim that a Globetrotter lwb FH16 could be “virtually identical” to a regular length GTXL FH is well, becoming of yourself :laughing:

The biggest single tank available for an FH is 900 litres, one can only assume that in addition to space constraints, a lorry with such a weight imbalance would be less than rewarding to drive. To make your tall tale more believable, check out Volvos own tehcnical specs first: http://segotn12827.rds.volvo.com/STPIFiles/Volvo/ModelRange/fh42t6ha_swe_swe.pdf

Yes the company name surely ruins it all. If only there were any other pics, lol.

:laughing: :laughing:

Time for a new user name

My mistake, Geoffo has the long wheelbase version. And well it actually exists.

Think he means 1480 total. Its the same as the renaults. Big tank l/h/s, is 800l something, batterys behind the 5th wheel, ad-blue behind the wind deflectors on r/h/s, and a 600l something tank on the r/h/s.

AndrewG:
I specced mine with a 1480litre tank, sits on the offside with all the ancillary components fitted nearside.

No two ways about it. Probably didn’t look too much into the for sale ad he took the volume from. Correct me if I’m wrong, for I’ve only driven FH4-s with a tag, but afaik the “ancillary components”, such as the batteries and some air tanks, sit at the back of the frame.

milodon:

AndrewG:
I specced mine with a 1480litre tank, sits on the offside with all the ancillary components fitted nearside.

No two ways about it. Probably didn’t look too much into the for sale ad he took the volume from. Correct me if I’m wrong, for I’ve only driven FH4-s with a tag, but afaik the “ancillary components”, such as the batteries and some air tanks, sit at the back of the frame.

Purely down to how you spec it. Normally in conjunction with tank size. Small tanks batterys on n/s, parralell with tank. Big tank, batterys behind 5th wheel in the frame. Thats purely based on my experience with lhd Renault T’s and Volvo FH-4’s 4x2. Same with ad blue, parralell with tanks or behind wind deflectors. Naturally effects tank size a little.

milodon:

AndrewG:
Virtually identical to mine lwb 4x2. The side deflectors are a must :sunglasses: I specced mine with a 1480litre tank, sits on the offside with all the ancillary components fitted nearside. Durabrite Alcoas, low light bar, SAF low profile slider and stainless Eminox stack juts out from the side of the air deflector.
Wish id posted a pic of mine before i had the company name added to the doors… :frowning:

Yeah well that’s not a lwb my dear!!! :laughing:

And according to your post here a year ago, you ordered your imaginary FH16 with a regular Globetrotter cab, not an XL: Why not spec a top of the range truck? - #4 by andrewg - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

In addition the differences between an FH and an FH16 don’t stop with the badge, so to claim that a Globetrotter lwb FH16 could be “virtually identical” to a regular length GTXL FH is well, becoming of yourself :laughing:

The biggest single tank available for an FH is 900 litres, one can only assume that in addition to space constraints, a lorry with such a weight imbalance would be less than rewarding to drive. To make your tall tale more believable, check out Volvos own tehcnical specs first: http://segotn12827.rds.volvo.com/STPIFiles/Volvo/ModelRange/fh42t6ha_swe_swe.pdf

Yes the company name surely ruins it all. If only there were any other pics, lol.

You really do have serious issues with me dont you :confused:
My reference was to the bling factor and colour scheme, not the truck spec as identical and no mine isnt an XL. 1480 litres is available on a 4x2 tractor, i dont need to check out your link as that is what i specced and that is what i got. The exhaust box, batteries and air tanks are all located on the opposite side, there is no imbalance, Volvo wouldnt build such a spec if there was issues with it.
As for my company name, i have no problem with ARG Transporte Internasional SL showing on a public forum but not the company i sub for. Is that really so hard to understand why i wouldnt particularly want that on TN??
There is nothing imaginary about who i am, my FH16, villa, car, turntable or my very gorgeous wife.
Im all up or a discussion re anything truck related but tbh getting tired and bored of your picky ramblings in particular your insistance im a liar. That i will NOT put up with especially your suggestion that my wife Karla does not exist,that really is pushing it too far!
Who the ■■■■ do you think you are trying to obtain personal details from me and CSI’ing my life?!
We’ve both been trying to work out what your problem is and have both come to the same conclusion. Would you like to call it a day or perhaps youred like me to display it on TN for all to see?

:laughing:

You have my blessing to present the conclusion you have come up with your “wife” :wink:
I’m not surprised she’s nearby, probably even typing for you. I’ve heard sitting on your “wife” for a while makes it almost feel like somebody elses “wife” but unfortunately lack the adventurous mindset to try.

Meanwhile there is no 1480 single tank available from Volvo or any other manufacturer and I can’t be arsed to find out if Volvo even did a 700 FH16 when you claim to have bought one cos they sure as hell don’t anymore.

volvotrucks.co.uk/en-gb/truc … assis.html

‘The biggest tank volume for a 4x2 is 1480 litres’.
Also, if you really doubt a 700 doesnt exist then contact Volvo Netherlands. I specced a 700 instead of the 750 as the latter has its torque limited in the lower gears and therefore doesnt pull any harder than the 700 version further down the box. The extra outlay just wasnt justifiable. The 750 has more torque once the ecu detects 6th gear.
Re my ‘wife’, is it because you dont believe an 8 stone 5’ 3’’ female can handle an FH with 700 horses? if youve never driven a truck with a powerhouse for an engine ill let you into a little secret, it doesnt drive any different to an FH13/460/500, it just has double the torque. Maybe you also dont beleive she can strip/ build a tilt? Shes just a good a driver as any of her male conterparts, certainly better than me…
My main issue now though is your insistance on this and other threads that Karla doesnt exist, youve now made it personal… :imp:

Are you dumb or just playing? You claim to have ordered a lorry with a 1480 SINGLE TANK. I proved you cannot, as evidenced by the tech specs brochure from Volvo.

Now you quote Volvo UK with “Maximum fuel volume is 1480 litres for a 4×2 tractor.”

Well where have said otherwise■■? But why did you fail to read the previous sentence■■? I’ll help you in these trying times.

“Aluminium or steel tanks in volumes from 150 to 900 litres.”

Of course I am aware of the 700 FH16. It has been in production since the previous FH and that is why I haven’t called you out on it earlier. But Volvo doesn’t make it anymore and this certainly doesn’t warrant enough importance for me to find out exactly when the last 700 rolled off the line and whether this is just another lie you’re tangled up in. There are plenty to go around.

I have no problems with women driving a truck. I’ve seen a petite girl of Asian origin reverse a b-double with two containers on to a loading ramp faster, than I could get my artic in reverse gear, but this particular one most likely has never existed, starting with the name, very unbecoming a romanian, followed by everything else.

But it certainly is not only “Karla”. I don’t believe you own a lorry, drive a lorry or live in Spain. You most likely did and the circumstances which have led you to this sad theatrical are probably not ones to be envied. But surely there must be a better way to cope with ones life than to become the TnUK equivalent of a 55yo spinster who claims to have given birth to twins on a maternity forum.

I didn’t expect my thread to turn into a Duel. So might I suggest that Andrew G maybe tape some pieces of A4 paper over the company name (a ten minute job), and then supply a picture of said truck so that honour can be restored.

Otherwise, please take ten paces gentlemen, turn, and fire ! lol

surely you dont need to buy your tanks from volvo just because you bought a volvo truck?
over here you buy the truck,and if it suits you,then you dont take the dealer tank,and get a local mob to supply the biggest jobbie you can squeeeze in so we can take adavantage of the paddy fuel across the border.
even if it was just a rectangular aftermarket tank instead of an oval one itl make a big difference to capacity.
why nitpick.the dude isnt geting a hardon for saying he has a 1480 ltr tank instead of a 1400 one…you can ■■■■ more than that on a weekend in la jon,so who gives a monkeys.
i reckon though to remove all doubt,then we should be getting a video of his misses stripping a tilt in 32 degrees heat with her biceps all sweaty and glistening in suntan oil and…hang on a min…i need to go somewhere now…il let dipper dave finish me off… :slight_smile:

citycat:
I didn’t expect my thread to turn into a Duel. So might I suggest that Andrew G maybe tape some pieces of A4 paper over the company name (a ten minute job), and then supply a picture of said truck so that honour can be restored.

Otherwise, please take ten paces gentlemen, turn, and fire ! lol

Thought about covering the name up too, and surely you must of taken at least one photo when you first got it before the sign writing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What could possibly be the advantage of paying $$$ to manifacture a custom single 1480 tank, to screw up the balance of the truck, when you can just tick a box on the order form and have it come with two tanks totalling 1480■■

Doesn’t matter. Volvo hasn’t made an FH16 700 Euro 6. http://www.mtlogistikk.no/artikler/salgsstart-for-volvo-fh16-euro-6/352949. Euro 6 has been in force since 2014.

surely 1 big one is better than 2 little ones…im sure dipper dave will be along shortly to confrm that… :slight_smile:
80 ltrs aint going to tip the scales on a volvo gruntmobile even if he dangled them off his bellend from the drivers window.
i ordered a brand new unit several years ago,and i specced it exactly the way it suited me with aftermarket tanks and the like…you pays your money?

The op was about bling so who cares how big it is as long as it’s shiny :smiley: having said that I drove a Dutch fh with a 1000 lt tank on one side back in 2001 and I collected it brand new from the dealer so given that it’s a long wheelbase and was specced in nl anything is possible. I am prepared to take his word for it but if you would like to send me that video of Karla stripping (oops) that tilt, move over there Dd I’ve done it now :blush:

I got a DAF with an 800 litre tank on one side and a 400 litre tank on the other. God, I hate filling that big tank… I’d die of boredom filling a 1480 litre tank!

Thanks geoffo appreciate the comment, goes to show you don’t have to be covered in Kelsa bars to look good

Looking good there Mark.