Plain and unmarked or LOADS OF BLING!

Following on from some other threads…whats you`re preference?

A plain white unit and blue tilt, with none or hardly any sign writing or a balls out, LOOK AT ME ,LOOK AT ME bling machine? :laughing:

Personally I would prefer the annonimity of the plain white unit and non sign written blue tilt. Mr Gendarme wouldnt really notice you!!

An older 1980`s high cabbed unit (old F12 or F16 globetrotter or DAF 3300 or 3600 Space Cab) or the 143 and plain blue step frame tilt looks much more the part than a blinged up, lights,chrome and noise machine anyday :laughing: IMOP of course :wink:

I would bet that the younger the driver the more bling he would go for, and sadly as used to be in some places, the less money he would get for driving it!

Look at some of truckerashs pictures and the ones that really look the part are all plain, no bling 80`s units pulling plain trailers, usually back from somewhere along way East of Dover!! :laughing:

Plain but clean, that is the way I like them…or rather, used to. I never have been one for over the top bits and pieces. Not knocking those that do like to drive around with everything and the kitchen sink bolted to it, never understood spending good hard earned money on someone elses vehicle. A lot do, but not my cup of Tea :confused: and what is it with those peek-a-boo curtains and six thousand magic tree so called ‘air fresheners’ ■■

Wouldn’t go for the plain white unit,but wouldn’t go for all the bling either,but some motors look nice in decent colours.

I have noticed that there are an awful lot of 3 series Scania’s that are (still) going around that have been lovingly restored and still working for a living in Holland.

If only I was quicker off the mark with my camera!

Now then Bullitt, what are you trying to hide :smiling_imp:

A plain blue & white outfit has its advantages with the law, I agree, but look back at the old liveries & a plain white cab with a sticker on the door does look a bit bland, as the old liveries have died so has a lot of the cameraderie & professionalism, related :bulb:

For me at the moment it would have to be an XL Globey, with the standard 5 marker lights in the visor & some spots on the roof to persuade those eyeties to use dipped beam :exclamation: A decent horn & thats it, no Eminox (had a 142 with them, sounded beautiful for the 1st couple of weeks, then drove me mad) No silly chrome bars, no wheeltrims, no blue lights & NOTHING IN THE WINDSCREEN :exclamation:

As for the curtains & magic trees, judging by the state of some of the ‘drivers’ I see out & about, it could be that they just cant stand the smell & dont want the public to see that they havent washed all week :exclamation: :unamused: :exclamation:

How about this one then?

A 113 as bought in Holland it ran all over Europe for me still working in the Middle East I believe as I sold it to a guy who bought a trailer loaded it drove out and delivered the load and sold the outfit and flew home!

Regards Pat

well first post on this site, hello all, gotta say i grew up round lorries that were painted up to look the part and i still think that a well turned out old motor with a roped and sheeted load takes some beating! , my dad worked for genral express in the sixtyies,out of stratford east london and them motors when clean realy took some beating, i remember as a kid watching some of the drivers painting the wheel nuts and wheel rims white, sometimes maybe a bit over the top but at least the drivers had pride in there motors…

yep stud ends white and paint your mudflaps :sunglasses:

I’m with you Bullitt, plain no bling, but something in between would be nice. :unamused: :laughing:

Dont like the plain ones, like to see some detail on the exterior. But nothing TOO over the top!

2 sets of spots on middle and bottom, chrome trims and kept clean in the company colours! :laughing: :laughing:

As for the interior, each to their own, get stuck somewhere like the M20 last week wouldnt u wish u had got the house in ya truck?

Top spec inside and plain and unmarked on the outside please. :smiley: