Who’s still at work

robroy:
Update from my end…
Did my extra day ‘favour’ for them yesterday, got a call just after getting tipped at Derby…

‘Will you get back tonight’ , (thought it was strange, don’t usually get pushed or checked up on)

Gave standard answer…‘‘No chance’’ :smiley:

‘‘Ah right, just that after you said you wished you had took me up on the furlough offer, I thought that if you could get back I would de.tax your truck’’.

Me…I’ll be back for 9pm’'. :smiley:

I was, so now I’m off. :sunglasses:

I’m not sure this is what the government intended with
The furloughed scheme they’ve put in place !!! It
Was to assist people who would other wise be laid off , made
Redundant with no / or little pay , not a excuse to
Have x amounts of months off sitting on your
■■■ drinking cans of beer whilst financially only
A few £,s worse !!!
Your boss should of stood up to you &
Sent you to Cornwall for a week & not
Give into you wishes by parking your truck up ( I
Assume he’s found some loophole where he’s
Better off with your truck parked up
Than out on the road )

I’m still in, supermarket work so probably won’t be furloughed. I count myself as one of the lucky ones. Good luck to those that may find it hard in these times [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I’ve got a mate working for Ocado, and they’re running with lots of overtime.

Anyone working within the Supermarket or home delivery will not be Furloughed.

Ex farm milk collection, so still working no different from usual

You know you’re really down on yer luck when you get a ticking off from dozy. :laughing: :laughing:
Away then doze I’ll humour ya by attempting to clarify my situation on this.

He’s lost a lot of work, he’s laid off 20 drivers, the firm I pull for is quieter than last week, he planned to lay off a couple more, and basically in a roundabout way I volunteered by having a re.think on the whole cluster ■■■■ of the situation…basically I changed my mind and accepted his original offer of lay off.

So blow that out yer arse my old mate. :sunglasses: :smiley: (and just you stick to usual bending over and being treated like a complete ■■■■ by yer boss, instead of knocking those with a bit of a backbone. :wink:

Whats wrong with volunteering for it? I know a couple of guys at different companies that are getting quiet have said to the boss “I’ll take furlough first if it happens, got the mortgage paid off and little debt, keep the young lads with families that need it on for as long as possible” Thats just looking after your co-workers and mates.

Fuzrat:
Whats wrong with volunteering for it? I know a couple of guys at different companies that are getting quiet have said to the boss “I’ll take furlough first if it happens, got the mortgage paid off and little debt, keep the young lads with families that need it on for as long as possible” Thats just looking after your co-workers and mates.

All very commendable mate, but for me personally it was entirely selfish and looking after no.1…that’s it in a nutshell.
Just felt I wanted to be at home with my family (and as dozy so eloquently put it '‘Sat on my ■■■ drinking beer ‘’ :unamused: :smiley: )
Last week I was Mr Cynical saying ‘‘Just the flu, why tf have they shut the pubs’, load of scaremongering ■■■■■■■■’’…maybe the blanket coverage on the news has got to me, (alongside earache off the wife and kids about it all) but I’m erring on the side of caution and going well out of character by conforming to authority, … and staying cooped up in my gaff to be on the safe side.
Some good has come out of this I’ve walked 3 mile today, and plan to keep it up. :laughing:

robroy:
Some good has come out of this I’ve walked 3 mile today, and plan to keep it up. :laughing:

That’s fantastic mate. By June you’ll almost be at Inverness!

the maoster:

robroy:

That’s fantastic mate. By June you’ll almost be at Inverness!

: :laughing:
Only if I get a chance to ‘sit on my ■■■ drinking cans of beer’ in between times mate. :smiley:

Crate and a taxi kindly donated [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Monkey241:

Cheers for that, But I’ll.still take my phone with me, I know how YOU lurrrve my posts. :sunglasses: :smiley:

dozy:
( I Assume he’s found some loophole where he’s
Better off with your truck parked up
Than out on the road )

Yes. It’s called “having no work for it”. :unamused:

robroy:

Monkey241:

Cheers for that, But I’ll.still take my phone with me, I know how YOU lurrrve my posts. :sunglasses: :smiley:

You could just say thanks for this version of care in the community?

Some people have no gratitude [emoji854]

Agricultural lime busy out of the Cotswolds for tippers. Guiting quarry, Cornelly at Bridgend and Stowfield open for Ag Lime. They all seem on a skeleton staff and we have been given key worker status so can still deliver to farms as fields now dry and lime critical for farmers to reduce the soil acidity and allow them to grow a good crop and utilise the fertiliser. Really busy, Lime in demand, season should go through to maize planting end of April beginning of May then hopefully some silage ground.

Stobart biomass have furloughed some this week, I’m surprised as they run stuff into the power stations?

Also i was under the impression that this was the side that stood steadily on it’s own 2 feet in the finance department?

[emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So far I’ve noticed no difference at my company/depot. Full employment, full shifts, nobody being asked to take holiday, nobody laid off, nobody furloughed. Some drivers are getting overtime. I guess we’re amongst the lucky ones so far. It could all change next week though. Work is mostly Tesco and Amazon.

ezydriver:
So far I’ve noticed no difference at my company/depot. Full employment, full shifts, nobody being asked to take holiday, nobody laid off, nobody furloughed. Some drivers are getting overtime. I guess we’re amongst the lucky ones.

Apologies in advance, as it’s arguably the wrong attitude under the circumstances, but this is how this job has got me over the years. :blush:

You say you’re among the ‘lucky ones’,?
That is debatable, especially IF all this truth, propaganda or scaremongering (you decide) actually is true.
IF it is true, running the risk of catching something that may kill you however high or low that risk may or may not be, …you could hardly be described as ‘lucky’. :bulb:

Given the choice of being one of your ‘‘Lucky ones’’ OR as in my case, taking the stance of not being ENTIRELY convinced of the public info, but staying away from it anyway, to be on the safe side,…AND drawing 80% of your earnings, (while at the same time not really spending anything on a normally expensive social life) seems a far better proposition, but only obviously if you are given that choice.

I think the genuine ‘‘Lucky ones’’ are those who work for a good firm whereby said firm is making up the further 20% of the wage, (obviously I am not in that category myself :smiley: )

Please don’t think I’m having a go at those who are working for whatever reason, cos I ain’t. :bulb:
I have a few mates who are hauling essentials, some aint really fussed, others would rather be at home, but are being made to work whilst being unsure of any consequences that may result, , that is why questioned your term of ‘Lucky ones’'.

robroy:

ezydriver:
So far I’ve noticed no difference at my company/depot. Full employment, full shifts, nobody being asked to take holiday, nobody laid off, nobody furloughed. Some drivers are getting overtime. I guess we’re amongst the lucky ones.

Apologies in advance, as it’s arguably the wrong attitude under the circumstances, but this is how this job has got me over the years. :blush:

You say you’re among the ‘lucky ones’,?
That is debatable, especially IF all this truth, propaganda or scaremongering (you decide) actually is true.
IF it is true, running the risk of catching something that may kill you however high or low that risk may or may not be, …you could hardly be described as ‘lucky’. :bulb:

Given the choice of being one of your ‘‘Lucky ones’’ OR as in my case, taking the stance of not being ENTIRELY convinced of the public info, but staying away from it anyway, to be on the safe side,…AND drawing 80% of your earnings, (while at the same time not really spending anything on a normally expensive social life) seems a far better proposition, but only obviously if you are given that choice.

I think the genuine ‘‘Lucky ones’’ are those who work for a good firm whereby said firm is making up the further 20% of the wage, (obviously I am not in that category myself :smiley: )

Please don’t think I’m having a go at those who are working for whatever reason, cos I ain’t. :bulb:
I have a few mates who are hauling essentials, some aint really fussed, others would rather be at home, but are being made to work whilst being unsure of any consequences that may result, , that is why questioned your term of ‘Lucky ones’'.

You make a good point there mate. But I consider myself lucky for 2 reasons. Firstly, I’m still working at 100% salary and with steady ongoing work. To my mind this means I have more certainty than those at home on 80% wage in non-essential industries,
not knowing for sure if they’ll get their job back. I’m feeling relatively secure at the moment, and reasonably confident I won’t have to go job hunting - for which I feel lucky. Secondly, I’m not going mad at home. I’m continuing with my regular routine and getting out and about. This is good for my mental health.

Also, the way I look at it, say IF 200 million die worldwide (highly unlikely), that’s gives me a statistical 97.15% survival chance, before controlling for age. Once age is controlled for (I’m 41) my likely survival is probably +99%… and that’s IF 200 million die. It’ll probably be no more than 1 million.

stuwozere1:
I’m still in, supermarket work so probably won’t be furloughed. I count myself as one of the lucky ones. Good luck to those that may find it hard in these times [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Full timers - plenty of work that you might find gets on top of you over the coming weeks…
Us ZHC bods - are being let go… Anyone else on agency supermarkets here to back me up on this?

Winseer:
Full timers - plenty of work that you might find gets on top of you over the coming weeks…
Us ZHC bods - are being let go… Anyone else on agency supermarkets here to back me up on this?

I do a bit of casual work for a local firm that pulls supermarket trailers. Last weekend it was full of agency drivers and on the Sunday I had never seen so many of Tesco’s own units parked up.

I guess the demand is still there for agency, but I wonder how this weekend will fare now the panic buying has slowed up (if I even get an offer of work)

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk