work

:cry: work wot a bloody laugh drivers short bigger laugh i have not worked since 1/1/07 signed up to 6 agency still no work, been out looking for work . can any one help with any info any jobs around redditch ,solihull , b,ham :cry: nights would be great will do days :question:

I far as I remember agency work is always dead during January and as youā€™ve only just signed up youā€™ll get last shout of any work as the regular drivers will first offer.

Keep pestering them and agree to do any job that goes, Vans, 7.5tā€™s, last minute callouts etc.

Iā€™ve worked every weekday so far this year barring new yearā€™s day, however I think I just got lucky and next week isnā€™t looking so clever at the moment. Still, Iā€™m not short of stuff I can be getting on with around the house so it wonā€™t be a disaster.

Paul

There seems to be a lot on the net going, but you canā€™t always tell.
Hereā€™s my list of places to look :
driving hgv jobs
the best Connection
Driver Hire
Clearstone
Job Centre
Driver shortage ( lots of good links here direct to firms )
Reed
Jobsite

I got to Jobsite via a link from the driver shortage site, and after a day found a job through Driver hire just down the road (temp to perm).
Looks like I start monday :smiley:
Moneys not the best, but itā€™s better than nowt !
BTW, Iā€™ve had nothing since 2 weeks b4 christmas ! Good job I saved my pennies :wink:

Flipper

have you ever workd at halfords in redditch.

Were quiet at the moment.weve got a few agency drivers in but not many.
Go onto the jobcenter website.
Theres some adverts for drivers in redditch on there.

good luck

Tony b

Overall Iā€™d agree about the so called drivers shortage but after getting laid off on a Friday in October, I made some cards up which i dropped in to about 12 local companies, I worked on agy on the Weds & Thurs and following Monday, Interview on Tuesday and full time start on the Wednesday at the start of Nov. Midway through Nov. I got a call to see if I could do a couple of weeks for one of the companies. December I was away but within 24 hours of returning in the new year I had a full time job offer (which I declined) 1 week later, another company called. I start on Monday.

Maybe Essex is the place to be.

flipper:
:cry: work wot a bloody laugh drivers short bigger laugh i have not worked since 1/1/07 signed up to 6 agency still no work, been out looking for work . can any one help with any info any jobs around redditch ,solihull , b,ham :cry: nights would be great will do days :question:

frikus.com/index_eng.php
frikus.com/frikus_ENG/news/2004/jobs.html
mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?fo ā€¦ =&address=
Industriestrasse%2030&city=Zettling&state=STEIERMARK&
zipcode=8141&country=AT&geodiff=1

RYANAIR

Going Out (Web fare) Wed, 31 Jan 07
Flight 5732 11:10 Depart London Stansted (STN)
14:15 Arrive Graz (GRZ)

1 @ 0.01 GBP 0.01 GBP Taxes, Fees & Charges details 15.94 GBP

Coming Back (Reg fare)
Sat, 03 Feb 07
Flight 5733 14:50 Depart Graz (GRZ)
15:55 Arrive London Stansted (STN)

1 @ 19.99 GBP 19.99 GBP Taxes, Fees & Charges details 17.02 GBP

• Checked in baggage - 15kg per person a baggage fee applies for each item of checked baggage - no sharing of baggage allowance permitted (no infant allowance)

• Excess Baggage Charged at Ā£5.50/Ć¢ā€šĀ¬8 per kilo or local currency equivalent- The maximum size of cabin hand baggage cannot exceed 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm (20 x 14 x 9ins).
    bookryanair.com/skylights/cg ā€¦ lights.cgi

fernandez.lu/about_en.html
britishairways.com/travel/fx ā€¦ e=continue
Check your flight itinerary details
Outbound - Thursday 8 Feb, 2007
15:05
8 Feb 17:15
8 Feb Gatwick (London) Luxembourg BA8144
British Airways Economy (Traveller)
Ā£ 107.50

Currency calculator
Change flights
Inbound - Monday 12 Feb, 2007
10:35
12 Feb 10:45
12 Feb Luxembourg Gatwick (London) BA8143
British Airways Economy (Traveller)

Price breakdown
Passenger Price Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges* per person Inclusive total
1 Adult London to Luxembourg on 8.2.2007 Ā£ 67.00
Luxembourg to London on 12.2.2007 Ā£ 40.50
Total Ā£ 107.50

• The price of your ticket includes a security, insurance and fuel surcharge per flight levied by the carrier

More details

flipper:

here was till shortly a link to a Website where Agencyā€™s record all Details about there ā€œContractorsā€.
If you sign in by 6 Agencies can each Agency see by which Agency and by how many you are signet in.
For they is it a Joke to let you hang in the Air.
The Link is gone,and the Copy of a letter to write them,that they delete all entries about you,too.
Just ask the Forum Administration that they bring it again.
But its possible that the new Boss isnā€™t interested that each one knows that.:slight_smile:
But maybe also possible that the agencies gives you no work anymore when they canā€™t hold your private Details in open Publique.