Where are all the jobs

I think that the driver shortage has well and truly gone in the M1 jn28-32 corridor there seems to be no permanent vacancies and hardly any agency work.
All agencies want you but can’t find any work for you once you have signed up?
Anyone got any ideas for me to feed the sprogs.
just have to keep my chin up and watch the blades :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was offered full time agency work near Alfreton on the A38 about four weeks ago. It was class one freezer work i think it was for one of the supermarket chains and I would guess at Sainsburys. As I’m in Sheffield I didn’t want to go that far.
Other wise I’m in the same boat justs getting a couple of days a week. I think we maybe in the wrong part of the country.

I know irs probably too far but Tesco at Peterborough are paying £25k for shift work and Morrisons at Kettering are paying £32k both are desperate for drivers from what i hear.

Its maybe worth getting a flat or something down there.

my mate works for agencies he says always quite after xmas start picking up back end of febuary/begining of march then red hot always back up to christmas time
so basically sod all till march

I think it should pick up but in the mean time ill do 3-4 12 hour days to keep things ticking over

Jammy, Tesco’s at Peterborough must have had a recent pay rise then!!!

reply to “KNIGHT” I think you might mean the wrong COUNTRY, I was parked up in Luxembourg sat / sun for a 24 hr, I saw only 3 other GB registered trucks, one was an old mate of mine, the 2nd A grey Magnum from Hull, who I forget name of firm, but when I spoke to the driver about the Que of trucks trying to get into the Shell garage, & how long the que was for this one ( Texaco ) he said sorry i no speak much English, he was Polish, he said the firm he was on for had another 8 Polish drivers, this is where the work has gone, I drive for Richard Long out of Norfolk, they are Dutch reg & has got 5 Polish drivers on.
you only have to get on the ferry nowdays to see how few we number now…

Dave O`Donnell:
reply to “KNIGHT” I think you might mean the wrong COUNTRY, I was parked up in Luxembourg sat / sun for a 24 hr, I saw only 3 other GB registered trucks, one was an old mate of mine, the 2nd A grey Magnum from Hull, who I forget name of firm, but when I spoke to the driver about the Que of trucks trying to get into the Shell garage, & how long the que was for this one ( Texaco ) he said sorry i no speak much English, he was Polish, he said the firm he was on for had another 8 Polish drivers, this is where the work has gone, I drive for Richard Long out of Norfolk, they are Dutch reg & has got 5 Polish drivers on.
you only have to get on the ferry nowdays to see how few we number now…

now now your surely not implying that british firms are employing eastern european drivers because they can pay them less are you■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

disgo:
Jammy, Tesco’s at Peterborough must have had a recent pay rise then!!!

My mate has been there since xmas and hes clearing about £1600/ £1700 a month he says the topline is about £28k (Nights)

Not disputing it jammy. Just that when I went for interview last year what they called premium days (early starts 2 hours either side of your preferred start time) was only about £22 grand.
That was for 5 days out of 7 and no such thing as weekends or bank holidays your days just rolled round.It worked out at 1 complete weekend off in 6 weeks.
When we asked why the money was not as much as other depot’s they said they had taken an average pay of the area!
I walked away,maybe things changed but I was not going to sign my life away for that money and discount off my shopping.

yes i live off j29, and there was NO driving jobs at all in our local paper this
week, not even agency.

just have to keep my chin up and keep watching the stags :laughing:

sidan:
yes i live off j29, and there was NO driving jobs at all in our local paper this
week, not even agency.

just have to keep my chin up and keep watching the stags :laughing:

watching the stags CATEGORICALLY WONT cheer you up sidan :laughing: :laughing:
I know cos i`m a masochist and go occasionally :laughing:
I agree though… its deader than a very dead thing at the mo :open_mouth:

Hopefully it will pick up for the run up to easter plenty of Chocolate companies within reach??

Watching the stags :blush: :blush:
Watching the Blades into the premier league :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :laughing: :laughing:

knight:
I was offered full time agency work near Alfreton on the A38 about four weeks ago. It was class one freezer work i think it was for one of the supermarket chains and I would guess at Sainsburys. As I’m in Sheffield I didn’t want to go that far.
Other wise I’m in the same boat justs getting a couple of days a week. I think we maybe in the wrong part of the country.

It wouldnt be sainsburys mate, either the co-op or nft maybe. I cant think of any other large freezer firms in alfreton

Could have been for Innovate JB, know it’s not J28, but they’ve got depots at 29 and 27

nft is the main frozen/chilled distributor off j.28, i think the co-op one is off
j.26 at bulwell.

hey j.b. i used to go drinking/fishing with a chap named j.b. he was a driving
instructor, we used to borrow brian grummets old cargo (remember him)
and drive around in it, in exchange for j.b. teaching his daughter to drive :laughing:

hallblade, you think it’s bad enough watching the stags, now the mrs has
got into it and i have to pay her in as well :open_mouth: i used to make the odd trip
to watch the owls as well, how bad is that? :laughing: