Looking for work UPDATE 15/3/16

Really hope nobody minds me posting in here, sincere apologies if so I’m just trying to use some initiative as tbh I’m desperate.

I’ve been on agency for 6month as a loader on bins, now all of a sudden the council have dropped agency staffing…(not the first either)…so I’ve been scrapped.

I’ve hit everything/everywhere I can think of for a job but just wondered if any of you gents knew of any firms in the North Essex or south/middle Suffolk EVEN NORTH NORFOLK around Norwich or the like as have family up there…
Who may need any van drivers(sadly only got BE entitlement so only dinkies not tonkas)…OR warehouse hands, yard hands, mechanical labourers, valeters, breakers/dismantlers or similar ideally full time roles?

I am obviously looking for other roles outside of this remit, just targeting it a bit for the purpose of this site…

Apologies again for my brass neck, im against a wall is all as have paid my deposit for my Class 2 and am now facing the gut wrenching prospect of loosing it after having busted my balls for the agency/council to save it up, on promise of a full time job, to then be ditched without so much as an apology, so time is of the essence for me hence the post.

ANYWAY enough waffle, and MANY MANY thank you 's in advance for any scraps or clues you may be kind enough to share…Ben :sunglasses:

Keep digging,something will turn up,sorry can’t help you, as I live in northern Ireland,or I would try pal

Could try Nft down at Tilbury dock…They are opening a new warehouse down there very soon…And are recruiting warehouse people.

the cowboy:
Keep digging,something will turn up,sorry can’t help you, as I live in northern Ireland,or I would try pal

Your a gent and much appreciate the thought :sunglasses:

daftvader:
Could try Nft down at Tilbury dock…They are opening a new warehouse down there very soon…And are recruiting warehouse people.

Will do cheers fella, I have held reach an balance tickets sadly I lapsed them as at time I just couldn’t get a decent shot due to the dreaded experience FFS so I’m also looking for willing employers who may give me a job, so I can get me tickets again an be more use…

What with the Gateway I’m surprised all the hype about the giant warehouses springing up an around their I ain’t seen much going :confused:

No problem mate…Hope you find something…Never been to Gateway as i don’t do boxes…But i know what your saying about wharehouses.Wich never seem to of happened…Might well put you through your tickets again…

Well thought I’d update this TODAY… 28/2/16…no one probs give a monkeys but hey hahahaha.

So after a desperate search and a few dead ends, I had no choice but to sign on.

Well I’ve had ONE MISERABLE MONTH on JSA aaaaaannnnnddd am OFF IT AS OF TUESDAY!!

My other half landed a job that’s above the rate jsa pay so we are signing off as we refuse to accept any top up, her money replaces and ups above it a touch so off it we come.
Proper Proud of her :grimacing:

Me, well I’ve two formal interviews with a very large company, one next week, and one week after as I passed all the interview’s so I’m truely excited as they have said bring all your docs so I’m hoping its now just formality’s…
Don’t know which of the two jobs I’d like the most but I’d be sooooo grateful for either and would love both equally…

Big bonus is either way my misses and I can now continue to save for my HGV at end of year, regardless if I’m a house husband for a few months incase the two jobs didn’t come through its no biggie as we wont be on the state which is all that matters to us, its a last resort net, and if I didn’t have nippers I’d have done as I’ve always done and never walked in in first place…

Anyway sorry to bore everyone, just felt it may help anyone else looking for opportunity that its out there you just gotta literally kick heads, doors, phones,and ya legs in to get the elusive gap in the door but they are there, just remember your not as good as ya think ya are so be grateful for whatever is within your grasp, and build from there…

Anyway happy Sunday all, I’m off to spend £9 on 15 Stella’s, and a £30 for the nippers to have a maccy ds treat…first time she’s ever let me in her ■■■■■ so I’m going all out :grimacing:

Jobs are like buses, wait for ages then 3 turn up at once!

Benjie You sound as though you think benefits are not for you, if your out of work and need the money claim everything you can who knows you may get your license paid for. I don’t no how long you have been working but it will be more than some out there so you have earned them.

mac12:
Benjie You sound as though you think benefits are not for you, if your out of work and need the money claim everything you can who knows you may get your license paid for. I don’t no how long you have been working but it will be more than some out there so you have earned them.

Tbh mate I just weren’t brought up to look for help unless its from within or family.

I did ask about hgv at job centre just too see what is available but I’m sorry I just can’t accept that you would need to ■■■■ away anywhere between 8 month and an infinity to be eligible IF AT ALL… when its meant as an emergency system, or for those who do need/deserve the help a safety net.

I acknowledge your paid in point, well if that’s case why don’t gov give me my ■■■■■■■ tax back that I’ve over paid, six month worth would have got me through for a year or paid for hgv myself lol and thus I’d have had some savings left too boot till I found employment…

Whole system is bent, unfair and down right rubbish, just so glad I’m out of it, and cant help but feel that it really is time this country shut its doors, cleared out the spongers from any creed and made the lower paid work actually possible to live off for folk, so as they didn’t just take from the state as a means of bypassing their inevitably poverty or laziness…

Good luck on the interviews.

Iv found in the past door knocking with cv’s in hand is a lot more productive then sitting behind a computer sending everyone cv’s.

Concretejim:
Good luck on the interviews.

Iv found in the past door knocking with cv’s in hand is a lot more productive then sitting behind a computer sending everyone cv’s.

Cheers fella, yeah fully agreed 99% door to door is my approach, sadly 99% of work is online application only now, the two I’ve got, and now another pending were all and only achievable this way…

Sad state of affairs, but its just reflecting another change for the worse the country is being swallowed by, people just do not want to talk anymore, its box tick an done nowadays.

Fair play lad, at least you got off your backside and did something about it! :laughing: yes the country is Donald :grimacing:

Benjie83:

mac12:

Tbh mate I just weren’t brought up to look for help unless its from within or family.

I did ask about hgv at job centre just too see what is available but I’m sorry I just can’t accept that you would need to ■■■■ away anywhere between 8 month and an infinity to be eligible IF AT ALL… when its meant as an emergency system, or for those who do need/deserve the help a safety net.

I acknowledge your paid in point, well if that’s case why don’t gov give me my [zb] tax back that I’ve over paid, six month worth would have got me through for a year or paid for hgv myself lol and thus I’d have had some savings left too boot till I found employment…

Whole system is bent, unfair and down right rubbish, just so glad I’m out of it, and cant help but feel that it really is time this country shut its doors, cleared out the spongers from any creed and made the lower paid work actually possible to live off for folk, so as they didn’t just take from the state as a means of bypassing their inevitably poverty or laziness…

The whole point here is you are entitled, especially so as you have paid into the system by the taxes you mention.

You are one of the few that fit the criteria for the whole idea of benefits…ie down on your luck, between jobs, so it is a provision to tide you over and support you until you can earn again.
You are not in the majority of claimers who readily look upon it as an ‘all you can get’ alternative lifestyle, so do not be ashamed mate, hold your head up and claim what you and your family are entitled to.
Good luck with the job hunting, something WILL turn up.

robroy:
You are one of the few that fit the criteria for the whole idea of benefits…ie down on your luck, between jobs, so it is a provision to tide you over and support you until you can earn again.
You are not in the majority of claimers who readily look upon it as an ‘all you can get’ alternative lifestyle, so do not be ashamed mate, hold your head up and claim what you and your family are entitled to.
Good luck with the job hunting, something WILL turn up.

Cheers rob, and as per my update it has :grimacing:

I really do hear what your saying I just couldn’t get my head around what you have to do to get what is supposedly meant to be a helping hand…

We’ve had our month, and thanks to my gorgeous misses we can walk away from it, and that’s how I see jsa is to be, if need be, used.

She will now work, and we will save…if I get one of my now 3 option’s we will be beyond grateful and happy.
Just truly sickens me that I have basically been told that to be entitled to any useful help, I’d have too mess around, have to lie, and basically abuse the system to even get an ounce of what they were then telling me wouldn’t happen anyway…and as I said above the poxy tax owe me money which I now wont get because I had a month on dole…pathetic setup.

Hence I’m the way I am towards it all, its a net, but by Christ its full of holes and sharks and I just will never accept it because of what it has become…

Fatboy slimslow:
Fair play lad, at least you got off your backside and did something about it! :laughing: yes the country is Donald :grimacing:

Cheers fella :sunglasses:

Well today…15/3/16…

Interesting few weeks, had a cracking interview last week for a SDA role for a major bus company…praying I get it as seemed a really good bunch of lads, and management were excellent!!

Then today comes and interview number two, same company, different depot and role…

Well all I can say is if they treat customers the way they treat prospective employees then its really is no wonder why they, and drivers are generally totally despised by the public…i haf been warned by a chap on here they are not good, plus my sister in law’s fella’s dad and his daughter both quit FIRST group due to appalling management and attitudes so hey I did have a feeling it were a bit of a gamble esp as I hate bullying and ignorance…

Vile, arrogant, patronising, insolent, ignorant, rude and woefully unprofessional are just some of the words I can thinks of off the top of my head, so I failed the test deliberately and told him I’m done…he asked me too use the hand rails on stairs on way out ffs lol, total lunacy.

So if ANYONE is considering a position at FIRST BUS CHELMSFORD then be prepared to be dog mess on their shoe from the word go…I’ve never in my life been criticized for BEING EARLY TOO AN INTERVIEW nor have I ever had a TRAINING MANAGER look at my PRINTED LICENCE DETAILS AND TELL ME I’M NOT ENTITLED TO TRAIN AS I DON’T HAVE THE ENTITLEMENTS CLEARLY PRINTED ON THE FORM STATING I’M ENTITLED TO PROVISIONALLY DRIVE!!!

Utter utter idiots in charge there so please avoid them like the plague!!

So what’s next, well I will be doing my C2, should find work in that area within a week as there is such a shortage(lol) but I want to drive trucks so some how by god I’m gonna, even if its for £4ph hahahaha…

Anyway apologies for me venting on here, hope no one minds too much and if nowt else feel free too pop in an call me special for not landing a bus drivers job hahaha…

after some Time driving for a Bus Company you could join National Express with better Pay