What would you do

I would have done the same thing.
Even if he was a queue jumper, who wants to play Chicken on the roads?

robroy:
Coming down M6 tonight, saw the markers for 2 lanes closed (outside and middle) this guy in a unit only, kept on coming in lane 2 overtaking.
When we approached the 400 yds marker he was still out there, so I eventually slowed right down to give him time, he obviously was not concentrating as he kept coming, as we got to 200 yds,.I automatically pulled in hard shoulder to let him in, (it just came automatically tbh, never thought about it) , but he then realised what he’d done, braked and pulled back in behind me, so I re.joined lane 1, and he sat in behind me, then giving me a wave as he passed me later on.

Now I know I ain’t supposed to use hard shoulder, but it was purely to avoid a ■■■■ up scenario, and I would argue that it was professionalism kicking in, but some may not agree.

It got me thinking about some of the recent posts on here by the self righteous types, the …‘I’m doing nothing wrong, he is, so I’m in the right’’ type of posts.

So how many would have stayed in lane 1, and said… ‘’[zb] you mate it’s your problem’’ ?

Not after any congratulatory credit here btw, trust me…or I might even get slated for it, who knows. :smiley:
Just curious and interested in what my fellow pros would do, after reading stuff on this forum recently :smiley:

Maybe it was a M6 user whom was trying to ensure you were on board and being alert. Can’t think to that guys name…

dozy:

robroy:

dozy:
I’ve never changed my view & have always said there que jumpers & would not let them in , and no rob it’s not a wind up , it’s my view , always has been & always will be .

There was no queue, he was not jumping a queue, it was a lapse of concentration and day dreaming on his part I would guess.
We’ve all passed landmarks like MSAs and never noticed them, whilst on autopilot.
This lad just did not see the lane closure signs.

Really rob , you seriously believe that , they know what there doing , there just hoping for someone who’s gullible enough to think that , everyone to there own , if your happy to let them in good luck to you , but I won’t , I won’t even let a lorry of the company I work for in , that’s how strong my views are on it ,
And before anyone comes up with that zip merging ( another name for que jumping ) crap , I’m not interested

What Dozy is trying to say is he would have held the other driver out and caused an accident,blocked a road , possibly injured himself and others rather than backed off for a few seconds and let the world carry on all because hes right .
A tale of two drivers here -
Robroy doing the right thing
and Dozy being … well dozy

I’d have left him out there and sent him into the cones or into me. Either way not my fault.

DickyNick:
I’d have left him out there and sent him into the cones or into me. Either way not my fault.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
aye right…so you would…try harder dozy backup… :cry:

in your dreams.jpg

DickyNick:

Do keep up man, we already knew that :unamused: …(ref my answer to your last post. :bulb: )

You did the right thing, nice to know not everyone is a selfish moron

dozy:

robroy:

dozy:
I’ve never changed my view & have always said there que jumpers & would not let them in , and no rob it’s not a wind up , it’s my view , always has been & always will be .

There was no queue, he was not jumping a queue, it was a lapse of concentration and day dreaming on his part I would guess.
We’ve all passed landmarks like MSAs and never noticed them, whilst on autopilot.
This lad just did not see the lane closure signs.

Really rob , you seriously believe that , they know what there doing , there just hoping for someone who’s gullible enough to think that , everyone to there own , if your happy to let them in good luck to you , but I won’t , I won’t even let a lorry of the company I work for in , that’s how strong my views are on it ,
And before anyone comes up with that zip merging ( another name for que jumping ) crap , I’m not interested

Just as well you just spout endless ■■■■■■■■ then and chances are you’re not even trusted with a wheelbarrow let alone anything with more than one wheel

switchlogic:

I’m old enough to remember when 95 to 99% of drivers would have done the same Luke…as I said it was like a reflex action, it was the way I was ‘brought up’ as a young driver, courtesy and empathy to fellow truckers, in a ‘we’re all in it together’ type of way…sounds a bit dramatic granted :blush: :smiley:
I ain’t looking for any praise or whatever, it just got me to wondering in these days where we have car drivers with Class 1s, and the usual array of selfish d/heads among us, just how many per cent of drivers would do it today and stuff similar in other situations.

DickyNick:
Yawn everyday occurrence your boring me with your M6 stories Rob

And yet…

DickyNick:

Btw…Are you back in action yet?
Fully recovered?

robroy:

switchlogic:

I’m old enough to remember when 95 to 99% of drivers would have done the same Luke…as I said it was like a reflex action, it was the way I was ‘brought up’ as a young driver, courtesy and empathy to fellow truckers, in a ‘we’re all in it together’ type of way…sounds a bit dramatic granted :blush: :smiley:
I ain’t looking for any praise or whatever, it just got me to wondering in these days where we have car drivers with Class 1s, and the usual array of selfish d/heads among us, just how many per cent of drivers would do it today and stuff similar in other situations.

Same here, I think it would just be automatic to me to. Alas too many these days seem to see driving as a form of combat and competition, which to me is incredibly childish

Edit to add

robroy:
Btw…Are you back in action yet?
Fully recovered?

Pretty much recovered. Suffer pain still and likely always will, and worse in wet weather but nothing that can’t be put up with. Not back at work yet, need to do a medical first and eye not 100% better yet but most of way there. So soon hopefully thank you for asking

switchlogic:
Just as well you just spout endless ■■■■■■■■ then and chances are you’re not even trusted with a wheelbarrow let alone anything with more than one wheel

:open_mouth:

Not often we agree but in this case harsh but fair. :laughing:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

:open_mouth:

Not often we agree but in this case harsh but fair. :laughing:

Ha, indeed though I’ve actually agreed with a few of your posts on this topic!

Yep, right thing done.

One hopes it wasn’t deliberate of course by the subsequent (wave) actions of the other driver, but an increasing minority of those behind the wheel of lorries have little to no lane discipline and use the size of the vehicle to get ahead, assuming someone will give way once the miscreants cab is past and whatever is behind said cab can be ignored or forgotten…trailers tending to be less prone to damage than cars or cab mirrors.

I doff my hat to you

I can hear the words of our safety manager at the old firm, he was always saying “a professional driver keeps himself and OTHERS out of trouble”. Sounds like you put this into practice RobRoy

Also I wonder what those that would keep him out there would say if there was a smash up when asked “could you have prevented it”?

dozy:

Ever wonder why you’re not taken seriously on this forum?

remy:
I can hear the words of our safety manager at the old firm, he was always saying “a professional driver keeps himself and OTHERS out of trouble”. Sounds like you put this into practice RobRoy

Also I wonder what those that would keep him out there would say if there was a smash up when asked “could you have prevented it”?

Cheers for that mate, as you know it’s the sort of stuff we all done once over as a matter of course.

As for your last question,…they would not give a ■■■■,.as they ‘were in the right’, just read some of the posts from some of the trumpets on here who THINK they are drivers. :unamused:
■■■■ embarrassing some of it.

robroy:

remy:

Cheers for that mate, as you know it’s the sort of stuff we all done once over as a matter of course.

As for your last question,…they would not give a [zb],.as they ‘were in the right’, just read some of the posts from some of the trumpets on here who THINK they are drivers. :unamused:
[zb] embarrassing some of it.

Dinnat lissen to to them rob lad you coma across as a sooper driv man.