What would you do????

Driving on the M4 the other night on my regular night run in a 44t fridge outfit for DBC, i was approaching the Jct 9 on slip when i saw an 18 tonner indicating to come on to the Mway, he was almost level with me so i gave him a flash & pulled over to let him on, was going past him looked in the mirror he was halfway down my trailer, carried on few more seconds looked again he was at the back of my cab!! Barsteward didnt slow down to let me pass, just accelerated and then proceded to leave me sitting in the middle lane for a few miles while he tried to get past on the inside :unamused:
As the mway was empty at that time, i thought i’d stay there for a bit, but thought this is unprofessional so slowed down and pulled in behind, gave him a blast of the horn & lights, I find this is happening more & more especially with car drivers, so i am more reluctant to move over when anyone is attempting to join the Mway now!! What do you guys do in this situation :question:

swear violently, call him every name under the sun, back off, and pull in behind the moron, and watch him creep slowly off into the distance.

Ram into the side of him, put him off the motorway, teach him a lesson.

Anyways enough of fantasy land, just accept it happens, some people are just morons. It annoys me as well when this happens, but for every one person doing this there is loads others who don’t so i still pull out let another truck onto the motorway if its safe to do so.

Unless the oncoming truck from the slip road is a lot faster then it is a lack of courtesy from the driver you moved out for IMO

I was joining the M40 north from a service area got onto slip with car behind.

Not one but two kind artic drivers moved into lane 2 to let us on.The last one was now level with me in lane 1 I slowed down to let them both have time to comeback to lane1. The driver behind(car) was fuming and telling me to get on with undertaking both trucks. I of course slowed down even more .

He quickly got onto lane 1 then straight onto lane 2 then swerved onto lane 3 all this risk taking took about 2 minutes of his valuable time

causing mayem for all concerned. I am usually very courteous to most drivers and give lots of room for LGV’s and keep out of their blind areas. Unlike most idiots I see.

I was in my car by the way.

Hey DBC Chelmsford, are Bombardier Rog & Matt Whiteley still there? I’m sure I’ve seen Matt recently but not seen Rog about.

I will move over for a fellow truck driver but i won’t budge for a car. If I remember correctly, when i past my car test way back when, the highway code states that a slip road is an excellerating lane onto the carriageway!!!
Cars are quicker than us and if they can’t be bothered to put thier foot down and get up to speed infont of us or fall in behind they shouldn’t be driving.
I can remember vivdly passing the Whitehouse split on A14 at Ipswich. I was fully frieghted headed back to Harwich (on tilts at the time). A lovely young lady was coming down slip road beside me in an Audi convertible. I couldn’t go anywhere due to vehicles beside me in suicide lane. She kept looking up at me and waved her arms about as if to say move over and let me out. She ended up going onto grass at end of slip road. When she eventually did join the carriageway and pass me she gave me the ■■■■■■ sign. I thought this was highly amusing as I am female and don’t use my hand like that

auto censor dodge removed…Denis F .

VALHALLA:
I thought this was highly amusing as I am female and don’t use my hand like that.

Prudish?

No not at all Mike :wink: :wink: We won’t go there on a public forum :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t pay any attention to Val mike, she’s the biggest prude i know! :wink: :wink:

Love you too Rob xxxxxxxx

Funny that, so do i!

Must remember to pull over and let you out next time Mr Vain. I’ll drop behind. I know you like being infront :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You just wanna look at my Rsend! Rude girl! I’ll have you know i’m not that kind of boy!

Back to the thread, i really don’t care what people do, as long as they are curtious. Can’t abide rudeness.

i had an artic driver do this to me on the m6 while i was heading down to slough,

i dont know the road very well and it was a bit i was confussed with the road because it split then when it rejoined i ended up in the 3rd lane of the 4 lanned stretch of motorway, as i was coming back over i nnoticed he was right up my rear end (i had limited visability due to the load i was carrying being just a wee bit wider than the lorry plus it was dark,) anyway i get into lane 2 and he comes wizzing up the inside lane then starts going mental at me when he passes me,

funny thing was i passed him on friday night on my way home from oxford just near the border lol. needless to say i was empty so roared right passed him

I just dont move over at all now so many ignorant lorry & car drivers, if they want to join then they do it with out my help, the way i see it there is a giveway line at the end of the slip road so i let them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

VALHALLA:
No not at all Mike :wink: :wink: We won’t go there on a public forum :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

and why the hell not it might brighten the place up a bit :smiling_imp: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

I think if we did go there Gonzo I’d probably get banned from the site :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
All I’ll say is I’m definately not a prude. Woman in a male dominated world. Sometimes it is heaven!!!

Kenny1975:
Ram into the side of him, put him off the motorway, teach him a lesson.

A.

funny enough i did just that to a container wagon on the a1 near the a19 outhbound :blush:
pulled out to lane 2 to let him on and the bar steward just sat there :imp: :imp: so i let the container get past checked the mirror and pulled back in trouble is ,it was a short container on a long trailer.
i now have a door shaped like a mountain range a boken fnswing and step ,loverly
BUT IF he hadn’t undertaken and left me hanging i would have seen the bit of trailer i hit
dont get me wrong ,it was my stupid fault but …