Last night on the M6

■■■■ it

am i reading this right, you’re in the middle lane for 10 minutes or so and you’re phoning the police because someone got annoyed behind you?

biggusdickusgb:
am i reading this right, you’re in the middle lane for 10 minutes or so and you’re phoning the police because someone got annoyed behind you?

If i am also reading this correctly I would of been concerned though for the truck in lane 1 that was weaving between lane 1 and the hard shoulder…sounded like an accident waiting to happen. :open_mouth: :exclamation:

Did the truck behind you try and undertake you then■■?

biggusdickusgb:

No you can’t be reading it right, the reason for the phone call was the downright dangerous one behind me forcibly pushed lane 1 vehicle onto hard shoulder. Maybe you think this is ok mate… was it you? Don’t recall saying I was in lane 2 for 10 mins.

pete-b:
This goes on for several minutes
This goes on for another couple of miles

several minutes?
1 minute, a couple of minutes, a few minutes all denote a little amount of time
another couple of miles means another 3 minutes or so.
you must think your mate in lane 1 is ok weaving about because you don’t report him, yet you report someone who is in more of a rush than you.
just because you have all the time in the world, doesn’t mean everyone else has
its you who should be reported for hogging the middle lane for too long
no it wasn’t me, i’d have been in lane 3 going past you if the motorway was empty.

Willy waving gobbing off thread.

i trunk down & up M6 sun/thurs & sadly this tends to be the norm, as well as car nutters pulling out on the road work section,they have an indicator on well it’s their god given right to pull out,just take a deep breath & get home to the wife & kids in 1 piece. :wink:

you must think your mate in lane 1 is ok weaving about because you don’t report him, yet you report someone who is in more of a rush than you.
just because you have all the time in the world, doesn’t mean everyone else has
its you who should be reported for hogging the middle lane for too long
no it wasn’t me, i’d have been in lane 3 going past you if the motorway was empty.
[/quote]

Are you upset because I didn’t report the sleepy one or because I reported the other one who could have killed the sleepy one? Any way glad you have set me straight, unfortunately when speedy sat right on my tail, he took away the prefered option of returning to lane one and getting out of his way, after all he must be so much more important than us mere mortals, oh that’s right if you are in a hurry you can do wtf you like, oh and yes lane three was clear.

pete-b:
Are you upset because I didn’t report the sleepy one or because I reported the other one who could have killed the sleepy one? Any way glad you have set me straight, unfortunately when speedy sat right on my tail, he took away the prefered option of returning to lane one and getting out of his way, after all he must be so much more important than us mere mortals, oh that’s right if you are in a hurry you can do wtf you like, oh and yes lane three was clear.

pete i’m not upset, the printed word doesn’t come across as well as the spoken word.
i dont like the idea of grassing up but if i was going to report anybody it would be the one weaving about.
increasing and decreasing speed, weaving from lane to lane are sure signs of extreme tiredness or drunk.
as for the facetious remark, no he’s not more important than you, in my opinion he should’ve just gone round you, but you shouldn’t have been hogging the lane for so long.
you said you thought of easing off and pulling in, i was always taught if you have reason to think about it, do it.
while you have all the time in the world to do your job, others may not.
just one example of course, but although you may have been only a couple of hours into your shift, the guy in a rush may have been coming to the end of a 15 hour shift, been held up and pushing to get home.

Not taking sides here but I’ve had the same lane one all over the place Flash head lights like a demented rabbit, still all over the road ring he old bill give them everything they need then just sit back for a bit when lane one slows foot it if they sudenly speed up pull back in for a bit still all over the place 2nd call to old bill normally does the trick

biggusdickusgb, you seem to be under the impression that I was dawdling along in lane 2. This was not the case I was on the limiter trying to pass the slower vehicle in lane 1. The reason I said about the run time was to point out the fact that I was not harassing the chap in front of me and was quite happy to sit behind. However when his speed kept dropping I thought it wise to over take him and get out of his way. Again as for hogging the middle lane what would you have done in this situation? When somebody sits so close behind you that all you can see is a glimmer of light does this give you the option of easing off and getting out of their way? As explained before I was more than three quarters passed the chap in lane one when speedy appeared, then lane 1 speeded up, what do you do? Being in a hurry does not excuse pushing a vehicle onto the hard shoulder forcing the driver to slow down or stop, he might well have killed somebody if another vehicle had broken down on the shoulder, we all want to get home, some just make it that wee bit harder for others.

i can see your point of view, i’ve already stated had i been behind you i would have gone past you.
in your situation, if i’m on the limiter and cant get past in a couple of minutes i’d have either leaned towards him to make him ease off or dropped back in behind.
probably not the answer you want but hogging the middle lane is one of my pet hates.

Guess the guy was on the phone, sending a text or somthing finishing his conversation then decided to get moving again.

Was this vehicle a white fridge being pulled by a white Daf XF.

I was on the M6 last night between Forton and M55 cut off, came across this truck was going pretty slow so caught up fast, then as i go to sail past he starts going faster, end up neck to neck with him doing the same speed.

This went on for quite awhile as i am stubborn and wasnt going to slow down :stuck_out_tongue:

Eventually came upon a slow moving van, which blocked him in :slight_smile:

Got past jct 32 downhill he comes steaming down in neutral no doubt to get past me, so being mature i do the same, and he leave him high and dry in lane 2 going up the hill towards the M61 cut off.

The things you do for excitement night trunking !

Coming down the M74 last week just after Cairn Lodge saw a 407 in lane 2 doing 50mph, lane 1 empty. Got closer noticed he was on the phone, used my air horns to warn him of my presence, guy craped himself and nearly swerved off the road.

pecjam23:
If i am also reading this correctly I would of been concerned though for the truck in lane 1 that was weaving between lane 1 and the hard shoulder…sounded like an accident waiting to happen. :open_mouth: :exclamation:

Had this the other night and radioed for BIB after chattin to colleague over options,the guy was an accident waiting to happen weaving H/S to L2 and back .

BiB pulled him on slip, Bagged and hour checked no mither all clear.

Just a Polish driver 1st time in country, driving a truck he’s not used to (be surprised he found Tesdo’s RDC :open_mouth: ) and not used to our famous M6 tramlines throwing him all over the place :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,

Better to be safe than sorry :confused: and pickin up all the little pieces.

Just got to accept theres some prats on the road and drive accordingly.

speedyguy:

pecjam23:

Had this the other night and radioed for BIB after chattin to colleague over options,the guy was an accident waiting to happen weaving H/S to L2 and back .

BiB pulled him on slip, Bagged and hour checked no mither all clear.

Just a Polish driver 1st time in country, driving a truck he’s not used to (be surprised he found Tesdo’s RDC :open_mouth: ) and not used to our famous M6 tramlines throwing him all over the place :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,

Better to be safe than sorry :confused: and pickin up all the little pieces.

Tell you what if he was polish the roads over there make our m6 tramlines seem as flat as a snooker table.

nick2008:
Not taking sides here but I’ve had the same lane one all over the place Flash head lights like a demented rabbit, still all over the road ring he old bill give them everything they need then just sit back for a bit when lane one slows foot it if they sudenly speed up pull back in for a bit still all over the place 2nd call to old bill normally does the trick

I read this, I then re read this, I then re read it again thinking “is it me?” I then remembered somebody once telling me that if you sat a monkey in front of a typewriter and left it long enough it would eventually type the complete works of Shakespear. This is obviously one of its earlier attempts!!!

Hi Pete,

Seems like this is turning in to a real ■■■■■■■■ thread - it’s happened to me in the past mate.

I trunk from Exeter to Milton Keynes and back every night, and guaranteed I come across some idiot in a lorry or a car. It’s pointless getting too peeved about it, just be glad you are in the majority (or minority) of the non-idiots out there.

It would be good if we could carry some sort of rocket launcher or assault rifle to dispatch the nutters who cut us up, undertake us, shout abuse and blind us with full-beams, unfortunately it’s illegal, but I still dream.

Seriously been thinking of becoming a mercinary as I’m starting to dislike people.

Paul.

I read this, I then re read this, I then re read it again thinking “is it me?” I then remembered somebody once telling me that if you sat a monkey in front of a typewriter and left it long enough it would eventually type the complete works of Shakespear. This is obviously one of its earlier attempts!!!
[/quote]

So you had to read it three times, some of the words too big for you? As for sitting a monkey in front of a keyboard, it obviously works, I mean, you managed to string a few lines together there bubbles, well done!

This weeks episode of I’m holier than thou, trucknet members never do anything wrong do they :sunglasses: