What parts of the LGV theory tests do I need?

I have my CPC card in my wallet, but I need to do a complete Cat C test again, DVLA can´t find records of my old Class 2.
So, what bits of the theory do I need to do before doing the driving bit.
Thanks.

How have DVLA got no records of your entitlement■■?
Thats what I’d be asking them

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

what bits of the theory do I need to do before doing the driving bit.
Thanks.

Multiple choice and hazard perception is all you need before you can take a practical test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

steviespain:
I have my CPC card in my wallet, but I need to do a complete Cat C test again, DVLA can´t find records of my old Class 2.
Thanks.

What year did you pass the old HGV class 2 test :question:

stuwozere1:
How have DVLA got no records of your entitlement■■?
Thats what I’d be asking them

Asked em this a.m. Manager phoned me after I had a set to with the phone girl.
They just…don´t have records of it. And it´s up to me to prove that I do hold a Class 2.

ROG, it was probably 76. Give or take 6 months.

Thanks Peter. I´ll get them sorted then.
I may be seeing you guys earlier than I anticipated IF I can scramble the cash together. :unamused:

ROG:

steviespain:
Thanks.

What year did you pass the old HGV class 2 test :question:

That´s a bit of a moot point though, ROG. According to DVLA it never existed. Unless your wise old head is of on a tangent yet to be set out and displayed to us mere mortals :smiley:

As you probably know, I´ve been banging on about it for weeks :smiley:, I´m at the end of a CPC course.
Got me CPC card in me wallet, and now they´re going to book us in for the bus theory tests.

My question is…does the bus theory test count the same as the lorry theory test? I.e. that´s all I need to go and do the lorry driving bit?

I´ve googled around a bit but can´t find a definitive answer.

fingers crossed and holding breath

Passing HGV in 1976 is the problem because DVLA computer records did not start until 1981 if memory serves right and all their current decisions go only on those computer records :unamused:

You may get around that if you have a copy of an old licence for an appeal as they cannot dispute something they issued in the past

Ahh ok, I see.
That´s what the guy on the phone said too.
Sadly no, no old licence hanging around.
Thanks for the thought though.

ROG:
Passing HGV in 1976 is the problem because DVLA computer records did not start until 1981 if memory serves right and all their current decisions go only on those computer records :unamused:

You may get around that if you have a copy of an old licence for an appeal as they cannot dispute something they issued in the past

Found this
whatdotheyknow.com/request/ … s_and_lack
Quite interesting in a geek sort of way.
In a 2 year 8 month period
1 January 2008 onwards
They lost, removed, or denied, these entitlements…
Car 125
LGV 48
Motorcycle 104
PCV 8
Totals 285

In effect, what they are saying is the we,DVLA, have screwed up somewhere, but it is your responsibility to fix it. And look, it´s not that many anyway in the grand scheme of things.

■■■■■■■■

They “lost” my bus entitlement too. I doubt I’ll ever have the urge to drive a bus again, one period of stress and misery is more than enough for me! I passed in 2000 and arriva keep records, so I would be able to get it back without too many problems. But like I say, I would rather circumcise myself than drive a bus again!

jbaz73:
I would rather circumcise myself than drive a bus again!

Mental. Picture.Out.Of.Head

I might have to go that route, bus driver, tbh mate.Pays a bit more than 7.5t. And this course that I´m on points us that way anyway.

steviespain:

jbaz73:
I would rather circumcise myself than drive a bus again!

Mental. Picture.Out.Of.Head

I might have to go that route, bus driver, tbh mate.Pays a bit more than 7.5t. And this course that I´m on points us that way anyway.

If you go that route then your D1 101 counts as having DCPC PCV acquired rights so you have the option of doing 35 hours or the 2 initial tests
To instigate those acquired rights you need to email = cpcre@dvsa.gov.uk

Hang on ROG, I´ve just done a 35 hours CPC , with a load of bus drivers.
Are you saying that this doesn´t count?

If DVLA have no record of me passing a Cat C then does this mean that the CPC 35 hours I´ve just done are invalid? And that I have to do LGV or PCV theory for it to be valid?
No, can´t be, surely not, that would be…well…■■■■.

FFS!
Just looked at my CPC page on the Gov thing.
They´ve applied my CPC to provisional C, C1, and C1E.
I have a provisional D, D1, on my licence but it´s not on the CPC page.
What does that mean, please¿

steviespain:
FFS!
Just looked at my CPC page on the Gov thing.
They´ve applied my CPC to provisional C, C1, and C1E.
I have a provisional D, D1, on my licence but it´s not on the CPC page.
What does that mean, please¿

It means you have a cpc mate.

At worst you need to do a theory and practical test. My CPC said C+E before I passed the class 1 test. You have a truck CPC and it’s valid for 5 years.

However another plus point for you that I’ve just realised. With that CPC you can now go to an agency (and there will be a SHED load of work for this in london) and drive 7.5ter! Pay will be 50p to £1 lower than class 2. But and this is a big but - you will both be earning and getting used to driving bigger vehicles again.

If you go to Pete’s school to get the class 2 back - then his renaults are not that much bigger than 7.5ters. Sorry Pete - I’m not insulting your school at all. Meaning that if you have been doing 7.5t shifts you will find training in his class 2’s a breaze. You might even ask if they run a shorter/cheaper course as you have recent experience.

I’d be banging on agency doors on monday morning if I were you. Have you got your digi card yet? That’s all you need to start earning money and getting experience.

The other nice thing about this inconvenience is that you will get a chance to practise with the tacho before starting a propper job driving bigger trucks.

You have DCPC for both LGV & PCV - the categories do not matter as all current valid LGV & PCV categories are covered

New categories for either will get added when you have them and a new DQC will be issued with those on it

+Sigh of relief*
Thanks, you guys, for all the help and info. I really appreciate it.

Licence back next week hopefully, along with the digi card.

Then there´s no stopping me.

I´ll show them ■■■■■■ cyclists who´s boss!

Oh yea, sammy, talking about Peters place. I´d have to do the course on the TN discount scheme. I need the accommodation perk, and a discount is a discount :slight_smile:
And I´d want to do the full thing, I reckon I need the practice (Not really, I just said that to not appear big headed :smiley:)
Thanks mucho for the PM and the links you sent, invaluable, cheers buddy.

Peter Smythe:

what bits of the theory do I need to do before doing the driving bit.
Thanks.

Multiple choice and hazard perception is all you need before you can take a practical test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Starting to pull some threads back together after the devastation of last week. :open_mouth:

Was talking to head honcho of my course today, seems that if I take the PCV written and theory tests, and pass, then they count towards LGV too, if you see what I mean.
They pay for it, and a reasonable amount of retests too, if needed.

If I can get a confirmation off you guys it would set my mind at rest.

Also, I am in high level negotiations with them for them to refund my tacho card payment, 32 squids. El Jefe says it´s doable. win!

Thanks all.