Might seem like a daft question;

I took my theory test a little over a year ago, passed my cat C and failed three C+E tests.

Money’s not great but I’m hoping to sort that out, I intend to take the C+E again, hopefuly this year.

If I don’t get round to it, will I need to worry about my theory test going out of date (if so, how long do you get?) or do I not need to worry because I got the cat C?

As you’ve got the C the theory is no longer required.

mrpj:
As you’ve got the C the theory is no longer required.

Anyone who passes the LGV theory test and then passes the C test before the 2 year theory expires does not have to do theory for CE.

Drivers who have held their C licence for eons do not have to take a theory test for CE.

Anyone who passes the LGV theory test and then passes the DSA LGV C1 test before the 2 year theory expires does not have to do theory for C or CE.

Thankyou very much, the worrying thing is - I probably knew that last year. :laughing:

While its not a daft question bear in mind you have to start thinking about the new tax A.K.A. driver c.p.c.

alamcculloch:
While its not a daft question bear in mind you have to start thinking about the new tax A.K.A. driver c.p.c.

Driver CPC has no bearing on a C+E upgrade SEE HERE

ROG:

alamcculloch:

As usual you are correct,just letting the lad know that the "learning"is ongoing as is the inconvenience of exams in egg sucking.All the best for the new year.

yeah, I’d forseen that one but thanks anyway. I think “TAX” is quite accurate really, I’ll probably learn a few new things but why should it be compulsery and why should the driver have to pay for it (I’m agency at the mo) I just hope I can bag a full time job with a firm that’ll foot the bill for said tax :confused:

alamcculloch:

ROG:

alamcculloch:

As usual you are correct,just letting the lad know that the "learning"is ongoing as is the inconvenience of exams in egg sucking.
All the best for the new year.

And so as not to worry the same person - there are no exams for the Periodic (ongoing) Driver CPC - just have to ‘attend’ and stay awake for what might be ‘egg sucking’ listening :wink:

Edit.