What parts of the LGV theory tests do I need?

steviespain:

Peter Smythe:

what bits of the theory do I need to do before doing the driving bit.
Thanks.

Multiple choice and hazard perception is all you need before you can take a practical test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Starting to pull some threads back together after the devastation of last week. :open_mouth:

Was talking to head honcho of my course today, seems that if I take the PCV written and theory tests, and pass, then they count towards LGV too, if you see what I mean.
They pay for it, and a reasonable amount of retests too, if needed.

If I can get a confirmation off you guys it would set my mind at rest.

Also, I am in high level negotiations with them for them to refund my tacho card payment, 32 squids. El Jefe says it´s doable. win!

Thanks all.

PCV theory test is totally different to the HGV one mate. I’m not sure what plonker is giving you this advice. I only know this as you book them differently and the theory test I did had nothing about buses in it, but plenty about trucks. My suspicion is that this company are getting paid for you to do these tests so are spinning you a line.

However it’s an easy test and is not pricey. You just need to to the hazard perception and the multiple choice. If you have an iphone I can recommend a good app for this. Basically - it gives you all the questions they can ask and turns it into a game. Hazard perception is a bit of a joke - but once you work out how they do their scoring it’s easy enough.

Top news that your sister is giving you a business development loan!! However I’d still do a few 7.5t agency shifts if I was you. You can get the theory done really quick - as you can look at all the test centres around and find a cancellation.

Mornin´sammy, late night last night? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, thought it was too good to be true. Yeah, the test itself is only 11 quid. And I´ve got to do it anyway as it´s part of the course. Was just hoping they´d arrange it, pay for it, arrange/pay for resits etc.

I use Theory Test Pro as a practice tool, they signed us all up for it. I switch it to LGV from PCV, Malcolm comes out of the office “You on lorries again, Stew”?
“Yep, need the practice”
“Ok, carry on”
hehe, nice bloke.
Funny though, there´s only about 10% of the questions directly to do with lorries/buses. The rest are just like Highway code and signage.
That Hazard Perception tho! :open_mouth: There is definitely some double standards going on. I.e. you click on what you think is a developing hazard, they say no, not yet. nil points.
You click a bit later on a similar situation, they say too late, 1 point.It´s the only test that worries me tbh, and it´s not because I can´t see the hazard it´s because of the scoring system, and the quality of picture :open_mouth:
Got a new clicky clicky clicky system to try today.

Still waiting for me tacho card to arrive. Mebbe today. :unamused:

I´m rambling…

have a good day sammy, thanks bruddah.

sammym:
PCV theory test is totally different to the HGV one mate.

Yep, been confirmed, LGV and PCV Written/HP do not overlap. DIfferent beasts altogether.

steviespain:
Funny though, there´s only about 10% of the questions directly to do with lorries/buses. The rest are just like Highway code and signage.
That Hazard Perception tho! :open_mouth: There is definitely some double standards going on. I.e. you click on what you think is a developing hazard, they say no, not yet. nil points.
You click a bit later on a similar situation, they say too late, 1 point.It´s the only test that worries me tbh, and it´s not because I can´t see the hazard it´s because of the scoring system, and the quality of picture :open_mouth:
Got a new clicky clicky clicky system to try today.

Going to sound ludicrous. But I read this on here - used it, and it worked for me.

See the hazard - click. Say “banana” at normal speed. Click. Say 'banana" again - click. So three clicks and two bananas for each hazard.

Just try it and see how it works for you mate.

Hi sammy
Yeah, that worked :slight_smile:
Also, once I see the hazard I click mebbe 3 times, half a second apart. Amazing how many clicks you can get away with. Not failed any mocks since.