How the flip am i exempt from my theory test?

Never driven an lgv until today…so i go and book my theory today through the dsa, she said “can you hold for a minute” she comes back and says im exempt from the theory test, EH? HUH? how can this be? any ideas? i was a driving instructor in the past but has nowt to do with lgv’s lol

It’s quite likely that you’ll not need Module 2 case studies for your driver cpc - - that would be the case if you passed your car test prior to 1997.

But you will need multiple choice and hazard perception UNLESS you passed C1 by test rather than acquired rights.

Hope this helps - - - and all the best with your training and test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

FAST-GRANDAD:
Never driven an lgv until today…so i go and book my theory today through the dsa, she said “can you hold for a minute” she comes back and says im exempt from the theory test, EH? HUH? how can this be? any ideas? i was a driving instructor in the past but has nowt to do with lgv’s lol

Which theory test - the normal one or the dcpc mod 2 one?

The multi choice and hazard perception, strange isnt it

FAST-GRANDAD:
The multi choice and hazard perception, strange isnt it

That is weird

One way to find out for certain is to book a practical C test - if it can be booked then theory not needed
I think I am correct in saying that a practical cannot be booked by an individual unless the theory is not needed or passed■■?

aye Rog thas what i was going to do, obviously ill be able to cancel with full refund though?

FAST-GRANDAD:
aye Rog thas what i was going to do, obviously ill be able to cancel with full refund though?

I just tried online but only got to where it asked for theory test number so perhaps the only way for you is to call the DSA directly to try and book one for C

I would also call DVLA to ask why you would not need LGV C theory

ive done the very same, ill ring them in morning to get this cleared because i want to get this class2 passed asap

FAST-GRANDAD:
ive done the very same, ill ring them in morning to get this cleared because i want to get this class2 passed asap

Have a look at your photo and paper licence - any class C listed?

i could send u pics if u have spare 5 mins mate?

FAST-GRANDAD:
i could send u pics if u have spare 5 mins mate?

Sending you a PM

ok Rog

appreciate your help, is everyone as nice as you on here? lol

FAST-GRANDAD:
appreciate your help, is everyone as nice as you on here? lol

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: no
but there are a few that do try

:laughing:

by the way Welcome

LOL its a great site mind…I might’ve caused a few itchy heads with this post

So what was the outcome ?

Bugger all yet mate…gonna call dsa then dvla tommorrow…its a pain in the arse

…gonna call dsa then dvla tommorrow

Are you still in the queue?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Or ask training provider to book for you most will also sort out medical mine did ( Tyne & Wear lgv ) but they were down Jarrow then so maybe it different now