What happened to ponsonbys

image.jpeg

Mike Ponsonby:

Hello Mike (snr), long time since I’ve heard from you, that book from Oz was the last time I think.

Always an Atki fan I was intrigued by that photo with Bewick piggy in the middle, at first thought they were different scale models. :laughing:

Seem to remember you were going to stand me dinner next time I was in Blighty, don’t go often now, people are too short of money for Channel crossings, and the few times I’ve been, always seem to be rushing back for a ferry. :unamused: :laughing:

Nice fleet your lad’s got. :slight_smile:

Spardo:

Mike Ponsonby:

Hello Mike (snr), long time since I’ve heard from you, that book from Oz was the last time I think.

Always an Atki fan I was intrigued by that photo with Bewick piggy in the middle, at first thought they were different scale models. :laughing:

Seem to remember you were going to stand me dinner next time I was in Blighty, don’t go often now, people are too short of money for Channel crossings, and the few times I’ve been, always seem to be rushing back for a ferry. :unamused: :laughing:

More like a “Rose between two thorns” Spardo you cheeky ■■■■ !! I take exception to you referring to an Atkinson as a Pig ! and even more so if you are casting aspersions towards Bewick Transport so lets have some shots of your “firm” to pass comment on !. For the record that is a fine shot spanning over 40 years of the evolution of the UK Transport World ! Bewick.

Can’t decide ,bewsonbys or ponswicks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

Spardo:

Mike Ponsonby:

I have no interest nor comment to pass on your past relationship to Mike Ponsonby SNR ! But your “throw away comment” of “Nice fleet your Lad’s got” has got right up my ■■■■■■■ nostrils !! Supercilious is too good a description for it ! That “Lad” is a credit to the industry and is a glowing testament to his own efforts both past , current and future ! So don’t you ■■■■■■■ dare pass it off as incidental ! You probably have never been there let alone done “it” ! Rant over , I don’t hold a grudge ! Bewick.

Punchy Dan:

Well Dan’l Ponsonby’s, Bewicks, Ponswicks or Bewsonbys are all excellent titles for decent outfits ! and none of them would operate “skate boards” well unless you class Mike’s 8 wheeler as a “skate board” :wink: Cheers Denz’l

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Well Dan’l Ponsonby’s, Bewicks, Ponswicks or Bewsonbys are all excellent titles for decent outfits ! and none of them would operate “skate boards” well unless you class Mike’s 8 wheeler as a “skate board” :wink: Cheers Denz’l

Pleased to hear it ,there’s too many stobrats trying their hand in the skateboard job as it is :laughing:

I seen that Atki in gaydon bewick fantastic job just like mikes scanias awesome since I seen it been thinking after the Transcon could be an Atkins regards rowly

Bewick:

Spardo:

Mike Ponsonby:

I have no interest nor comment to pass on your past relationship to Mike Ponsonby SNR ! But your “throw away comment” of “Nice fleet your Lad’s got” has got right up my [zb] nostrils !! Supercilious is too good a description for it ! That “Lad” is a credit to the industry and is a glowing testament to his own efforts both past , current and future ! So don’t you [zb] dare pass it off as incidental ! You probably have never been there let alone done “it” ! Rant over , I don’t hold a grudge ! Bewick.

Bloody hell what was that outburst for? I doubt you even know the meaning of the word supercilious, and as for my innocent and genuinely complimentary comment about what I assume were Mike junior’s two excellent and well turned out Scanias, I can only imagine that what got up your nose was not that but something far more mind bending. Or perhaps you don’t need such as that to make such an outrageous rant.

Hello David

take no notice of dennis hes winding you up ha ha

ill tell dad to drop you an email

and thanks for your comments much appreciated

Mike

Morning Mike,
Good write up about the Atki and Bewicks history, pity my Uncle Dennis spoilt the pictures with his rugged good looks!

Mike Ponsonby:
Hello David

Mike

Thanks Mike, I have noticed his style elsewhere, but I don’t know him well enough to accept that kind of language without comment.

Just wish Mike had given you a different name, hardly know who I’m talking to these days anyway, and that only makes it worse. :confused: :laughing: Mind you I did the same with my son, which is why I call him Davey these days (the only one to do so) and another in the family is Dave. :smiley:

well david to my mum and dad im Michael to everyone else im Mike

Spardo:

Mike Ponsonby:
Hello David

Mike

Thanks Mike, I have noticed his style elsewhere, but I don’t know him well enough to accept that kind of language without comment.

Just wish Mike had given you a different name, hardly know who I’m talking to these days anyway, and that only makes it worse. :confused: :laughing: Mind you I did the same with my son, which is why I call him Davey these days (the only one to do so) and another in the family is Dave. :smiley:

This outfit used to load out of Bibby distribution’s Leeds depot when i worked ther during the early 90’s, about the time when they’d just bought a some scania topline’s & had the Highcare tautliners. I knew a few of the drivers, but can’t remember any names, apart from Fred … one of their night drivers, a mad Brummie, a real character, who i think was shown the door for doing a bit if wheeling & dealing out of hours… Also at this time There was an immaculate scania 111 running in ponsonby’s colours, not sure if it was one of there motors, or if it belonged to a subbie, any info ?

jerry truckartist:
This outfit used to load out of Bibby distribution’s Leeds depot when i worked ther during the early 90’s, about the time when they’d just bought a some scania topline’s & had the Highcare tautliners. I knew a few of the drivers, but can’t remember any names, apart from Fred … one of their night drivers, a mad Brummie, a real character, who i think was shown the door for doing a bit if wheeling & dealing out of hours… Also at this time There was an immaculate scania 111 running in ponsonby’s colours, not sure if it was one of there motors, or if it belonged to a subbie, any info ?

there is firm called ponsonby only 4 trucks very smart im pretty sure the owner of that is related they run out of the lichfield area

thats mike ponsonby hanson i used to work with mike at a s taylor mike is a relative im sure his uncle ran ponsonbys of brum mikes trucks are sprayed in the same blue as ponsonbys