What happened to ponsonbys

Heres one for my dad,
His old 88 just had a respray at ryders head office in park royal, just stopped for a quick snap en route back home to the witton electric avenue depot,

And not forgetting mum seen here in dads sed ak 400… lorry driver of the yr compp somewhere ■■?
When i were a lad…

057.jpg

Hi Tony
I think it was N230

paul rawson was a immaculate bloke and still is to this day,

Hope your well

All the best

Mike…

tonyb70:

MIKE P:
Paul Rawsons Parked outside his home in boston every saturday for a wash down, 0

i had that one when i started mike

i went in on my first day
was told a 9am start, so when i got to witton road, the only motor left up the yard was this one, so i knew it was bound to be mine

and when i jumped in it, i was surprised at how well it was looked after,

I then went onto one of those irish motors for a few weeks, then i had one of the ne 95 that come.

i enjoyed my time there, and was sad when it ended, met some good guys working there, that took alot of pride in their trucks and how they worked

regards tony b

MIKE P:
Hi Tony
I think it was N230

paul rawson was a immaculate bloke and still is to this day,

Hope your well

All the best

Mike…

tonyb70:

MIKE P:
Paul Rawsons Parked outside his home in boston every saturday for a wash down, 0

i had that one when i started mike

i went in on my first day
was told a 9am start, so when i got to witton road, the only motor left up the yard was this one, so i knew it was bound to be mine

and when i jumped in it, i was surprised at how well it was looked after,

I then went onto one of those irish motors for a few weeks, then i had one of the ne 95 that come.

i enjoyed my time there, and was sad when it ended, met some good guys working there, that took alot of pride in their trucks and how they worked

regards tony b

Hi mike

Do you know where paulis these days?

others i remember are brian mcfarlane, last time i saw him he was on for SNT
and tom duffy,eric mckie also from scotland

there was one guy from crewe, cant remember his name, but another who kept his truck imaculate.

paul is working for a subbie for visbeen running out of imminham and harwich

tom duffy intake transport last i heard

brian mc snt ■■ mayb moved on not sure

john maguire at crewe bibbys i think on the train wheels job

cheers

Mike…

jase:
Does anyone by chance have any pics of the P93 4x2 rigid they had?
If i remember it was Ponsonby colours on the cab and VAX coloured body,looked really smart.
I did the first service on it at Keltruck and the list of jobs it came in with was as long as your bloody arm!!!,took me a full weekend to do it all.
Used to work with a couple of ex Ponsonby drivers at Fullers Logistics,now there at Maritime at Hams Hall.
Ponsonbys got me into a load of trouble with Keltruck( long story but eneded with me leaving with no blemish on my record but must leave immediately lol!!,still it all worked out for me in the end!

I know its a long time since the question was asked, but I DO have a photo. Not the usual angle you have the photo’s taken but something’s better than nothing.
I don’t have any connections with Ponsonby’s in any way but I always admired their motors on the annual pilgrimage to Truckfest at Peterborough. I’m not sure what year I took this photo but still remember how it stood out to me :sunglasses:

DJ Ponsonby Volvo FH12 M157 KOE by truck_photos, on Flickr

DJ Ponsonby Scania R113m L931 GOA by truck_photos, on Flickr

PCB, thnxs for the photo of the VAX Scania. This was the first I think, there was also one in the same colours registered K7 DJP

B188AOP Looking a bit scruffy, But what a great workhorse, still working up until 2000 ish ? for talbot lane tpt

Mike Ponsonby:

Hi Mike,
Over 20 years ago, doesn’t time fly, have you got a picture of the FL10 with that geartronic gearbox?

Hi Pete I know mate bloody frightening

Yes I do unfortunately blody things best used for yard shunters like mine ha ha

pete smith:

Mike Ponsonby:

Hi Mike,
Over 20 years ago, doesn’t time fly, have you got a picture of the FL10 with that geartronic gearbox?

062.jpg

001.jpg

Mike Ponsonby:

Is that the shunter Mike? recent pic as Scotts ■■■■■■ van in back ground

Yes that’s the shunter mate no that’s 4 years old that picture

pete smith:

Mike Ponsonby:

Mike Ponsonby:
Yes that’s the shunter mate no that’s 4 years old that picture

pete smith:

Mike Ponsonby:

Get it taxed and Mot’d and I’ll come and drive that!