Wages

Juddian:
I feel sorry for blokes who have managed to find such poor examples of women for themselves, that they now believe all women can’t be trusted.

Maybe some blokes would be well advised to stop looking at the packaging and look for the real beauty in women, which comes from deep within and not painted on the outside to attract, like a lemon flower that might look nice but in time bears bitter fruit.

I’m not being funny - but you don’t need to date/marry complete mingers to find a nice person.

My partner earns considerably more than me - so contributes more financially. We are going on holiday tomorrow and she will be footing 80% of the bill. She is funny, smart and kind. Oh and she is also smoking hot - and sadly, all of the great things about her wouldn’t matter if she wasn’t fit as I wouldn’t be with her.

I’d post a pic but it would be deleted by the moderators :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

muckles:

Rob K:
It’s like they genuinely believe their wife/OH actually enjoys rattling around in the house on her own for 5.5 days at a time with no male company, or enjoys having to bring up the kids on her own and keep the house in order.

Not sure about your part of the Country, but many of the women I know are quite capable of getting themselves out of the house without a man chaperoning them, some even have jobs or even a career. :open_mouth:

Of course, but that wasn’t my point. When the cat is away, the mice will play :bulb: . It doesn’t take much to set the ball rolling when they start receiving male attention from an unexpected quarter and you being out of the way for 5 days out of 7 gives them plenty of time to get to know each other and her to potentially realise what she’s missing out on.

nomiS36:

toonsy:

Conor:

Andrejs:
Drivers can t legally work 70 hours per week if work just 5 day per week.

Mon 15hrs
Tue 15hrs
Wed 13hrs
Thu 13hrs
Fri 13hrs

69hrs. So yes not 70hrs but so close it might as well be.

You could do 71hrs. Three 15hr shifts…

What about helping the boss out by doing a ‘couple of hours on Saturday’ (13) to be precise [emoji57]

Most companies taked out 30 minute for break and left just 66 hours.Plus it is unpossible work exactly 15 hours.because you will looking for parking early so toatal hours will be just 14-1430 per day.Not sure about all companies but if driver have just one delivery that will be just 10-12 hours per day.

I now work for tramper at Stobart.I have plenty 9-12 hours shift.In last 4 month i had just 2 really closed to 15 hours shift.Can you teach me how to need work to get everyday 13 or 15 hours shift??What i do wrong??

Andrejs:
I now work for tramper at Stobart.I have plenty 9-12 hours shift.In last 4 month i had just 2 really closed to 15 hours shift.Can you teach me how to need work to get everyday 13 or 15 hours shift??What i do wrong??

I’m not saying I do them I’m saying it’s theoretically possible.

I don’t get breaks taken off at all.

Rjan:

Andrejs:

muckles:

Andrejs:
If they count average wages in industrial sector for not so much skilled job(drivers as well no so much skilled job) and not inclusive management salary in warehouse ,staff factory that Uk average wages will be just around 15-20 k per years.

Then it’s not a national average, just an average for a certain demographic.

In 90 percent of all factory people work day shift and 40 hours per week for just 7.80.or it is about 15K per years.From all factory what i know just Landrover pay very good -about 30K per years.But most food production factory and not high value stuff production staff just about NMW.

And those wages are too low, but if you’re getting £7.80 in a factory (and you can usually get a little bit more if you’re doing anything of a responsible nature), and for that you usually work closer to home, with fixed normal start times (or at least a predictable shift pattern), usually standard 8 hours, and you’ve got the craic with the fellas you work with on a daily basis (even if it’s just having a laugh during breaks and lunches), and you’re home to see your wife and kids every night and go the pub, why would you drive for a couple of pounds an hour more?

Even if you’re getting £9 or £10 an hour driving (which is probably the general haulage rate), after tax that is only about £50 a week more, net after tax and for the equivalent hours. And for that you’ve got ridiculous flexible start times, long hours, never know when you’ll be finished, you’ve got the costs that go with licences and medicals, you’ve got the threats to your licence from clapped-out wagons or poorly secured loads, you’ve got some driving jobs that involve almost as much or more manual labour that some factory jobs, and so on.

Unless you’re wedded to driving or in one of the better jobs where you’re getting well into double-digit hourly rates, I can see there’s really not much in it. If you’re a family man who wants to have any real time at home, working in a warehouse or driving a Transit van has its advantages even if you’re on less money.

In my general impression, there’s a disproportionate number of fellas in HGV driving who don’t have family lives.

Just thinking about one small yard (this was a few years ago), one fella was an single alcoholic, one fella was getting divorced (apparently over the strains of the job on the relationship), another had an older wife who already had kids but didn’t want kids of his own, another considered himself as a breadwinner who barely saw his kids and was constantly moaning about his shifts (but wasn’t willing to take the hit in pay), the yard supervisor was an ex-forces career fella with no family, it’s an appalling vista really.

But if everywhere good,easylife,plenty home time,relax but at driving job all bad that why moaning truck drivers not leavy driving and not go to work at factory or Aldi shelf stacking.Drivers cry and cry but nothing want change.But i absolutely sure ir 100 drivers leave driving and go work in factory that 95 drivers same or next week will call to Freshlinc,Stobart or to ex boss and will cry -pleasy give job,i want back to you .It is my big mistake who i go to factory.
There need work much more that in truck,no seating time,waiting time and much more different rulles and CCTV.

Andrejs:
But if everywhere good,easylife,plenty home time,relax but at driving job all bad that why moaning truck drivers not leavy driving and not go to work at factory or Aldi shelf stacking.Drivers cry and cry but nothing want change.But i absolutely sure ir 100 drivers leave driving and go work in factory that 95 drivers same or next week will call to Freshlinc,Stobart or to ex boss and will cry -pleasy give job,i want back to you .It is my big mistake who i go to factory.
There need work much more that in truck,no seating time,waiting time and much more different rulles and CCTV.

I think I’d rather keep picking carrots out of a Cambridgeshire field than go drive for Freshlinc or Stobrat. How do you find the jobs compare, Andrejs?

Conor:

Andrejs:

Mon 15hrs
Tue 15hrs
Wed 13hrs
Thu 13hrs
Fri 13hrs

Obviously the WTD doesn’t exist with your firm then. :smiley:

Sand Fisher:

Conor:

Andrejs:

Mon 15hrs
Tue 15hrs
Wed 13hrs
Thu 13hrs
Fri 13hrs

Depends how much break/POA is involved.

Sand Fisher:

Conor:

Andrejs:

Mon 15hrs
Tue 15hrs
Wed 13hrs
Thu 13hrs
Fri 13hrs

70 hours duty doesn’t need to mean 70 hours “work”. I booked over 20 hours poa last week in a 65 hour week

Rob K:

muckles:

Rob K:
It’s like they genuinely believe their wife/OH actually enjoys rattling around in the house on her own for 5.5 days at a time with no male company, or enjoys having to bring up the kids on her own and keep the house in order.

Not sure about your part of the Country, but many of the women I know are quite capable of getting themselves out of the house without a man chaperoning them, some even have jobs or even a career. :open_mouth:

Of course, but that wasn’t my point. When the cat is away, the mice will play :bulb: . It doesn’t take much to set the ball rolling when they start receiving male attention from an unexpected quarter and you being out of the way for 5 days out of 7 gives them plenty of time to get to know each other and her to potentially realise what she’s missing out on.

From what I’ve seen affairs take place regardless of what type of work the partner does and how long they’re away, if somebody is being taken for granted by thier partner and they recieve attention from elsewhere they might consider it even if their partner is at home each night, It comes down to the people and the state of their relationship.

muckles:
From what I’ve seen affairs take place regardless of what type of work the partner does and how long they’re away, if somebody is being taken for granted by thier partner and they recieve attention from elsewhere they might consider it even if their partner is at home each night, It comes down to the people and the state of their relationship.

I respectfully disagree for the reasons I stated in my previous post. I’ve no idea if there are official figures on such matters but I strongly suspect if there were, they would support my claims. If you are home every night then there is far less chance of it happening because for the most part they will feel fulfilled (for the want of a better word) and be content, as that was obviously the whole point of you becoming a couple to begin with, so as to be with each other :bulb: . If you’re never there then the likelihood of them feeling bored and lonely increases significantly and their mind starts to wander, wondering what else is out there. Add in some unexpected attention from another bloke and it’s not difficult to see how quickly it would escalate when they have the run of the house for a full week and no-one to ask questions where she’s going at 7pm on a Monday night dolled up to the nines when normally she’d be slouched in front of the telly in her PJs.

The wife being faithful staying at home doing the housework, sorting the kids and making all the meals while the man of the house went out grafting all week was the done thing in the olden days, but we’re in the year 2018 now, not 1918, and times have moved on.

Juddian:
I feel sorry for blokes who have managed to find such poor examples of women for themselves, that they now believe all women can’t be trusted.

Maybe some blokes would be well advised to stop looking at the packaging and look for the real beauty in women, which comes from deep within and not painted on the outside to attract, like a lemon flower that might look nice but in time bears bitter fruit.

Do tell, what fruit do you use to describe her? :laughing:

I agree that cheating is probably not that common, but I suspect those who do best in the long-term are those who have strong networks of extended family or neighbours, where they’ve got that ever-present social support, and so don’t really give a hoot whether you’re home or not as long as you hand over the wedge each week for her and the kids. Or those with satisfying careers and work relationships. The rest either suffer in silence or eventually throw their cards in and find another partner.

And who was it the other week who said his wife had been bawling down the phone for the past 2 years whenever he was down the road overnight, begging him to give it up, and he was now starting to wonder whether there might be something wrong?

Andrejs:

Rjan:
[…]

In reality drivers are doing other things. There’s about three times as many guys with licences than are actually using them - half of them have got up-to-date CPCs, so they’re not just fellas who got a licence decades ago and haven’t been back since.

Amongst the 18-40 age group, there’s 5 times as many guys with licences as are using them, although a far smaller proportion of the slack have CPCs (suggesting they’ve waved goodbye to driving for good). I was speaking to a taxi driver a while back who used to be a HGV driver, and he said he wouldn’t do it again for a big clock.

A few years ago the industry ran some sort of training scheme to get a pile of new drivers in, get them trained up with licences and put them straight on the road. Presumably thinking that new blood, or fresh meat, would be more wiling to accept the conditions of work, and that all that was stopping them was “barriers to entry” like training costs and experience bars. Within 2 years, a full 100% of them, every single one, had walked straight back out the door and were found to have left the industry completely.

Rjan:

Andrejs:

Rjan:
[…]

In reality drivers are doing other things. There’s about three times as many guys with licences than are actually using them - half of them have got up-to-date CPCs, so they’re not just fellas who got a licence decades ago and haven’t been back since.

Amongst the 18-40 age group, there’s 5 times as many guys with licences as are using them, although a far smaller proportion of the slack have CPCs (suggesting they’ve waved goodbye to driving for good). I was speaking to a taxi driver a while back who used to be a HGV driver, and he said he wouldn’t do it again for a big clock.

A few years ago the industry ran some sort of training scheme to get a pile of new drivers in, get them trained up with licences and put them straight on the road. Presumably thinking that new blood, or fresh meat, would be more wiling to accept the conditions of work, and that all that was stopping them was “barriers to entry” like training costs and experience bars. Within 2 years, a full 100% of them, every single one, had walked straight back out the door and were found to have left the industry completely.

This is nothing special who so much people with LGv class 1 licence never was worked .We can see people who have education,sertificate for plumbing,trademan,construction and much more but people was never worked for them or leave long time ago for some reason.And if company start pay 20p/h that not all people will run to driving.As well driving job very enjoy first 2-3 years.We can see different townt,countryside,new place but after nothing new,no future prospect .For this reason to many drivers have some driving depression.

Rob K:

albion:
I was happy on my own for 6 years when Mr A worked away, definitely wasn’t looking for another chap and now that I’ve been single for near enough 5 years, I can tell you it’s staying that way. :sunglasses:

Possibly different for me because my dad was away a lot, so it’s normal to me.

Is there a connection here? :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Btw I thought you were a bloke :open_mouth: . There was another user called albion something who claimed to be a woman and I’d just assumed it was people getting the 2 usernames mixed up :confused: .

No connection at all - I’m one of those people who thinks if you do a deal you stick with it and that includes monogamy. We didn’t split up, he died and I just don’t fancy all that trauma again.

There was another Albion1938?, that I presume was male; I think you are getting the two of us mixed up. I’m definitely female. Truckken on here could vouch if he wanders by as I know his missus.

sammym:

Juddian:

I’m not being funny - but you don’t need to date/marry complete mingers to find a nice person.

My partner earns considerably more than me - so contributes more financially. We are going on holiday tomorrow and she will be footing 80% of the bill. She is funny, smart and kind. Oh and she is also smoking hot - and sadly, all of the great things about her wouldn’t matter if she wasn’t fit as I wouldn’t be with her.

I’d post a pic but it would be deleted by the moderators :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Maybe it’s an age thing ( and possibly Mrs Juddian is drop dead gorgeous anyway), but the outer package doesn’t matter if it’s a long term relationship. Mr A was funny, whip smart ( though not academically) and romantic, but he was also not the tallest and certainly far from the best looking and when we started going out, a bankrupt, but looking back it was the inside that counted, not the outside.

I’m definitely feeling old now :laughing:

muckles:

Rob K:

Country’s going to the dogs, I can tell you. :laughing:

Rob K:

Juddian:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

What, you mean like those “gems” in S E Asia you alluded to in your post yesterday? Are those the same “gems” that love you long time and will do anything for you so long as you tie the knot and then they can fleece you for all you’re worth so they can buy a nice house for themself and their family back home, whilst doing the same thing to their other 5 husbands? What could possibly go wrong?

No, you know perfectly well that i wasn’t referring to '‘internet sourced take aways’, as i stated in that post.

As for being dolled up to the 9’s and off out for rumpy pumpy because a husband/partner/love?/father/main breadwinner is stuck out earning a crust in the best way they know how, well i wonder why these painted soul-less unfaithful witches of betrayal couldn’t be arsed to keep themselves attractive for their husbands?
Or does that only apply with this type during the fishing expedition for the walking wallet, soon as the ring slides up the finger everything changes, and the war paint and feminine attire gets put back in the wardrobe until required for attracting a more suitable bet?

A partnership takes effort from both, and i am in no way excusing the fools of men who when they do have some free time of work they can’t wait to get to the pub or footy/golf or whatever their excuse to be single blokes again is, neglecting their loves and falling through the door at 2am ■■■■■■ as a parrot is not going to a enthuse or inspire the most fine examples of womanhood.

We are talking about partnerships here, where each appreciates the other and treats them as well as they did during the courtship rituals for all their lives together.

Tried being that long forgotten suitor gentleman to your wife, keeping a vase full of beautiful flowers freshly stocked for her all the time (not just a bloody bunch on valentines day hoping for a reward :unamused: like some dog on heat), telling her every day every time you speak if apart how lovely she is what you think of her and you love her, look after her, make sure she knows she’s secure with you, talk to her for Christs sake do not end up sitting in front of the bloody idiot box in the corner soaking up the state propaganda, when she dresses nicely and puts some lippy and eye shadow on for your return from work do you notice and tell her how fine she looks how proud and lucky you are and unable to take your eyes off her, when out together hold her hand or arm in arm if she prefers, always walking on the traffic side of a pavement, hold doors open for her, open the car door for her offering her a hand or arm for support as she alights in or from the car, just respect her for God’s sake.

Look after a well chosen woman, letting her know, and proving to her every day of your life that she is the most important person in your life, and if she has an ounce of womanhood in her she will repay that in spades.

Oh dear Sammyn, have you re-read your post, i really don’t know where to start, in fact i feel rather sorry for you both.

If it matters lady J was and still is lovely, but she’s of Latin blood so may not come up to your visual standards and our relationship has no basis on wealth nor looks because i’m as far from an oil painting as you could get, if she or i became the visual equivalent of the elephant man/woman then it would make no difference to what is inside.
I looked into her eyes and drowned in them many years ago, i still do, if poverty came through the door then that deep caring attraction and affection would not fly out the window.

Juddian:
well i wonder why these painted soul-less unfaithful witches of betrayal

Look after a well chosen woman, letting her know, and proving to her every day of your life that she is the most important person in your life, and if she has an ounce of womanhood in her she will repay that in spades.

Oh dear Sammyn, have you re-read your post, i really don’t know where to start, in fact i feel rather sorry for you both.

If it matters lady J was and still is lovely, but she’s of Latin blood so may not come up to your visual standards and our relationship has no basis on wealth nor looks because i’m as far from an oil painting as you could get, if she or i became the visual equivalent of the elephant man/woman then it would make no difference to what is inside.
I looked into her eyes and drowned in them many years ago, i still do, if poverty came through the door then that deep caring attraction and affection would not fly out the window.

You ever thought of taking up writing a book Juddian with that turn of phrase? :sunglasses:

And secondly, have you got a brother…just wonderin’… :blush: