Online petition for £15 wages

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/172382

tango boy:
£15 National minimum wage for hgv drivers - Petitions

Does this mean I have to take a pay cut ■■? :grimacing: :grimacing:

Signed but will never happen, if it did everyone in all and sundry industries would b e on the bandwagon and many many small companies closed…

Ps- yes i am still a brit citizen…

Never gonna happen. Companies undercut others all the time it just drives wages down.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Never happen +1…

That may mean some / only a few maybe bullied into taking a pay cut…

And 2, it’s always going to be a race to the bottom…

That would double my wages!

Currently have a grievance ongoing cos I’m being paid less than the NMW.

How would this happen? HGV drivers’ wages aren’t set by some Government board, but by the law of supply and demand.

These petitions are ■■■■■■■ pointless.

merc0447:
These petitions are [zb] pointless.

I agree I posted it for all to see everyone has a choice

Signed it but doubt it will do any good

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Are all HGV jobs worth £15 per hour?

I’ve just converted a salary and I was on the equivalent of less than that per hour when I joined a large UK regional as a first officer :smiley: . That was ages ago and they’re only £14 an hour equivelant now for new blokes :laughing: - blokes with £100k of training debt. Pretty scary. I don’t think this at all says you’re asking too much, more how some professions really do have some firms paying crap. I never thought about it that much. Power to your elbow. You don’t ask you don’t get. People being paid more all round is better for everyone who works.

Not something thats going to happen unless ALL Drivers stick together,the chances of that are NIL
Years ago when there was a supposed national strike of Drivers to get a £1 an hour,and you guessed it there was Drivers who tried to break the picket lines.
One particular Company around Coventry who paid a low wage,it was alleged subsidized Drivers wages by handing out vegetables of his farm,Drivers did`nt want to lose the so called “perk”

ThrustMaster:
That would double my wages!

Currently have a grievance ongoing cos I’m being paid less than the NMW.

the answer is simple quit the job and get a better paying one stop being such a mug