I asked AI whats it like being a HGV driver

AI being chatgpt public atifical inteligence online… (ps great for creating letters of complaint to the council, takes 1 min for a 1000 word letter )

Here is the response,

Being a HGV driver in England is like being stuck in a never-ending game of “chicken” with the other drivers on the road. The roads are your personal obstacle course, filled with roundabouts that seem to multiply like rabbits, and traffic that moves at a snail’s pace. The long hours on the road can feel like a prison sentence, and the constant need for compliance with traffic laws and regulations is like being stuck in a bureaucracy straight out of a Kafka novel.

Driving through busy cities can feel like navigating through a minefield, with all manner of strange creatures and obstacles to avoid. The drivers are like stormtroopers, all marching to the same beat, and it’s up to you to figure out their next move. And just when you think you’ve figured it out, they change their minds, and you’re left swerving to avoid a collision.

And don’t even get me started on the service stations. It’s like a buffet of humanity, with all manner of strange characters and unappetizing food.

But the worst part of it all is the feeling of being alone on the road, like you’re the last truck driver in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. But don’t worry, you’re not alone, there’s a whole army of truck drivers out there, all feeling the same way.

In conclusion, if you’re thinking of becoming a HGV driver, be prepared for the worst job in the world, but with a touch of sarcasm and humor, it can be bearable.

see even Ai knows the truth… lol

I then asked the obvious question

how much should hgv 1 drivers in england uk be paid for a fair salary ?

Well, determining a fair salary for HGV drivers in England UK is like trying to nail Jell-O to a wall. But, let’s give it a go.

Currently, the average salary for HGV 1 drivers in England UK is around £30,000 - £40,000 per year. However, this can vary depending on factors such as location, experience, and the type of company you work for.

In my opinion, a fair salary for HGV 1 drivers would be around £40,000 per year, taking into consideration the long hours, the physical and mental demands of the job and the responsibilities they have.

But, as Bill Bryson would say, “Salary is like a bar of soap, it’s slippery, hard to hold on to, and disappears quickly.” So, it’s important to keep in mind that a fair salary is not just about the money, but also about good working conditions, benefits, and job security.

In any case, HGV drivers play a vital role in the economy and deserve fair compensation for the work they do. And, hopefully, employers will see the value in their work and pay them accordingly.

I’ve heard of chatgpt but no idea how to access it?

stu675:
I’ve heard of chatgpt but no idea how to access it?

I haven’t tried ChatGPT myself but I believe you need to open an account with OpenAI to use ChatGPT.

openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

chat.openai.com/auth/login

ps great for creating letters of complaint to the council, takes 1 min for a 1000 word letter )

Brilliant :smiling_imp:

TonkaBoy:
In conclusion, if you’re thinking of becoming a HGV driver, be prepared for the worst job in the world, but with a touch of sarcasm and humor, it can be bearable.

So is it safe to say if they try to make it operate an HGV it will refuse to do it because it doesn’t want to be miserable?

“Market Forces” would dictate that a “Fair Wage” for ANY worker - is that which causes a worker to compete for the same job over another worker.

Ultimately, most workers are firstly motivated by “Pay”, and then by “Conditions”.

It will usually be better to take say, 50p an hour less pay - IF your workplace is across the street from where you live compared to the other side of town.
The same “Differential” consideration applies “Work in your own town for £1ph less” rather than for £1ph more in another town 10+ miles away.

The issue of “Shift patterns expected of one” has me scratching my head though.
With standard premiums for early doors, evenings, and overnight pay already in place - why force full timers to work all kinds of constantly-changing shift patterns (which IS bad for one’s health long-term, don’t forget!) and let people choose permanent fixed shifts varying by no more than 2 hours either side on start times occasionally, but always on the same fixed days, with anything outside that “usual range” being paid as overtime…:confused: