volvo fl10s.....

Took the Wendy house up to Volvo Warwick for their 50th anniversary do, great afternoon, and loads of trucks and Volvo group products :smiley:

IMG_1319.JPG

Graham, I bet that was a great event for any truck enthusiast and heaven for Volvo fans.
So much going on in the U.K. truck shows all over the country large and small, truck racing and events like TipCon.
Do you have any more photo’s to share?

Regards Paul

Back in the day when this was new , the driver was the dogs dooh dahs compared to other local offerings (Pegaso, Renault, Iveco).
It rests where it fell off the road shoving the axle back. Not much missing so wouldn’t take much to resurrect. 6X4 FL12 but no badges giving the power (360?).
I would say the passenger hit the windscreen!! Ouch!

20180610_205712.jpg

gazzer:
Back in the day when this was new , the driver was the dogs dooh dahs compared to other local offerings (Pegaso, Renault, Iveco).
It rests where it fell off the road shoving the axle back. Not much missing so wouldn’t take much to resurrect. 6X4 FL12 but no badges giving the power (360?).

I think the FL12’s were 420’s Gazzer?

pete smith:

gazzer:

I think the FL12’s were 420’s Gazzer?

380 and 420, I had one chipped to 450.

Following on from the F7 story and success. I came across this video, apologies if it has been used before, but the FL10 was a game changer for many drivers, whether you like Marmite or not, you will never forget the shape of the jar.

I think this lad is making hard work of the gearbox, treat them like Swiss Tony treats his ladies :stuck_out_tongue:

A couple of pics from early/mid 2000’s

1st one is loading at the museum in Sinsheim.
2nd is at a posh hotel up a mountain in Gstaad.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

following on from truckerash’s great thread on f7’s i was wondering who has pictures/stories etc about the ‘wendy houses’? i have only ever driven one as a yard shunter, but i have been told they were great trucks in their day, if a little cramp for living in…

come on, get them up here!!

yep you heard right, they were a bit cramped when out all week, and you had to climb up into bed as it was quite high.
Great little motors though.

Heres some of the one I lived in all week.

My first trip to the former USSR was in an FL10, one of the Unipart fleet. I took it to the Kiev Motor Show in 1994.

Yes, it was cramped.

Yes, I really must buy a scanner.

ive only driven one

8x4 hooklift, was in really bad condition, always popped out reverse which is never good on a hooklift lol.

though going forward it wasnt too bad at all tbh

Harry Monk:
Yes, I really must buy a scanner.

yes you should, or get the pictures to me to get them done!!!

euromat:
following on from truckerash’s great thread on f7’s i was wondering who has pictures/stories etc about the ‘wendy houses’? i have only ever driven one as a yard shunter, but i have been told they were great trucks in their day, if a little cramp for living in…

come on, get them up here!!

Here are a few for you…

my second truck was a fl10 and i loved it, it used to do 64mph all day long, comfy but small bed and a place to put my gas bottle behind the passenger seat. i also loved the seating arrangement with everything going around me and close to hand.

ive got photos but god knows where… top truck.

This K reg FL was my first truck

we had a FL10 cabbed Terberg, with volvo engine in the desert in north africa, needless to say “wendy,s house” fell to bits, and the electrics were a nightmare
one company i worked for in Uk, as a fitter, had a pre-production FL10 ‘C’ plate, went well and not too bad to work on

Would i be right in assuming that 240gardner worked for Bowkers?

ive driven a couple of fl10 8wheel tippers and must say they were a good little truck the only bad point was they didnt have very high ground clearance compared to mans fodens etc but were good to drive and very reliable.

JAMESMCC:
Would i be right in assuming that 240gardner worked for Bowkers?

ermm… how did you guess? :wink: