volvo fl10s.....

That yellow FL Ex-Irish bulker has 420 on the door! Chipped FL12?

I think in the final years it was possible to get an FL12 with 420 lumps. Quite a rare beast though.

Cheers
Neilf

neilf:
I think in the final years it was possible to get an FL12 with 420 lumps. Quite a rare beast though.

Cheers
Neilf

only ever saw one at dawsons in eden st coventry unregistered and a couple of years after they stopped production

Pic ive found on an old memory card taken at a drop we do near helmsley

Photo0214.jpg

Photo0213.jpg

Volvo Thetford, Norfolk

Defo got a soft spot for these little Volvos, drove quite a few in my time, wouldn’t want too many nights out in em though. Can’t believe it was 28 years ago when they were first released, I think Tate & Lyle were amongst the first users of them on C plates.

Not sure but I reckon this was possibly 1992 ish

this one was on hire.

Spotted this in Avonmouth no tax, yard shunter I think, still quite tidy though. Ex Dodds ?

euromat:
following on from truckerash’s great thread on f7’s i was wondering who has pictures/stories etc about the ‘wendy houses’? i have only ever driven one as a yard shunter, but i have been told they were great trucks in their day, if a little cramp for living in…

come on, get them up here!!

I’ve just coming across this topic we had a batch of 10 FL10s as a part replacement of some of our fleet we only ran them for 3 years because they were the most unreliable lorries we ever ran we had major engine trouble constant electrical problems and as for air valves I think we must of had shares in the Volvo parts department they just couldn’t handle our 24 hr 7 day a week running so we went back to running ERFs and sometime later we had some DAF 85CFs which were good motors far far better than the VOLVOs

A couple I took in the 90s when I worked for these

he loved his wendyhouse!!

Can’t remember if I’ve posted these of some of my FL’s but here we go anyways :smiley:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had one for nearly 3 years when i worked for Simpson Bros 6x2 M312 GTY was a nice smart motor
apart from the usual brake downs nothing major it was ok ,it was run 24hrs so only had 3/4 nights
out when i got caught out wouldnt have like to have been tramping in one, but there were plenty of
lads there that did.

These puppies are 12’s :smiley: :smiley: run about 15 when we were on tippers. Can’t rely fault them had no major probs the 8 wheelers were good for the job especially the 12’s with the engine brake in all a good servant in my opinion. The white one I drove for someone on muck away for 10 yrs and it never missed a beat, and I’ve had it buried down to the handle on the arse board :smiley: never even had a clutch in only thing that failed and it was a fault apparently was the release bearing. Then when he sold it I bought it, it’s there just had a new tin light weight body fitted at Trent industries at kingswinsford, cost me 4,900 quid plus me old body :smiley:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I

Spud1960:
The first Hoyer liveried trucks to arrive at Paull

After they took over Bulk Storage (Transport) Limited

Spud1960

Hi spud I remember these FL10,s arriving I worked in the garage with Gary and Steve great photo!

did alicante in one early eighties very comfy but everybody looking in at night lol.

stevejones:
did alicante in one early eighties very comfy but everybody looking in at night lol.

Were they around in the early 80s ?

Suedehead:

stevejones:

Were they around in the early 80s ?

Earliest ones I remember at Hoyer were on a C registration plate so that would make them August 85 onwards

The only FL10 I ever drove was for Deadman of Whitstable, as shown here. The load was for Safeway’s RDC at Aylesford - imagine turning up at a supermarket RDC with a roped & sheeted load on a flatbed trailer today! :laughing: Robert