volvo fl10s.....

Has anyone got pics of the fl10s that used to be on the shell chemicals contract at tankfreight? I know sniffys got photos of tf livery but not shell :slight_smile: also I remember the aag distribution wagons as one of their depots were close to where I live although now sadly shut down :frowning: and I read about the swift liveried ones some great memories brought back seeing those .

it came with irish plates on i think ? now a Teighnmouth Docks ‘ship to store’ shunt, still quite tidy as well

some john dee FL10 s

dee,s[1].jpg

002.jpg
004.jpg
006.jpg
008.jpg

Sorry, not the best scanning in the world! Pics were a bit big…
Duffields of East Anglia calender, 1991

011 (640x465).jpg
012 (640x465).jpg
014 (640x465).jpg
015 (640x465).jpg
016 (640x465).jpg

my god ive not seen a griggs’s motor for years not since they merged with stregis and dissapeared!!! they used too share their yard with wentwood haulage motors the place is now a car garage :frowning:

Ex paddy mobile off for export

FL10 Globetrotter

my old man never drove one , but Barnfather had a few Volvos,

fl10.jpg

Heres one I had for 6 years plus,in the rarer drawbar form.At the time Anglian had a fleet of them,all 4x2 drawbar demounts.I think Anglian also had a FL7 unit.I did some klicks in that truck and an average 3/4 nights out a week.Agree the cab was small but the driving postion was good,anyway it beats the non sleepers we rigid/drawbar men get lumbered with and its suprising what you can get in them cabs with a bit of thought and I had some pretty good kit.On the whole I liked that truck.

I remember your wagon Mick with your name plate on , I was on Habitat with wagon and drags and one of our runs was to Norwich, so may have seen you around the mickey 11 .

my first artic

another fl we run …bit of a project

wonder here in finland allmost all the fl volvos are gone some 7 and 10 are still in small work but the teoretly nice FL12 is practily out total■■? cheers benkku

gazzer:
Turnpike Parking, Glos!

Well they all say it had a great turning circle, looks like they were right :open_mouth:

Roger Breaker:
Sorry, not the best scanning in the world! Pics were a bit big…
Duffields of East Anglia calender, 1991

Picture number 4, can you imagine the MPG you were getting with the wind hitting that trailer full on :open_mouth:

Genuine VOLVO item. Bought for my son 15 years ago.

I had a wagon and drag like that. Bought for my son 20yrs ago from Volvo.

gazzer:
Genuine VOLVO item. Bought for my son 15 years ago.

made in finland by emek,does scanias volvos and man nowdays,cheers benkku