Vape charging

Prob bin done to death but hey (and in indeed ho) here’s mi question.Can those vaping devices be charged effectively via the 24v ■■■ lighter only it tends to get fairly hot in my experience?talking the pen type versions here.Any case studies from seasoned vapors i can…er…draw from much appreciated?
Maybe a voltage droppers the sensible way forward here.

Depends what your device says. Personally I wouldn’t risk it without knowing it would be okay.

I charge spare batteries for mine in a charger so can’t speak from experience.

I have one of those Energizer sockets with a triple 12v output, plus 1x 2amp USB and 1x 1amp USB. My Greensmoke batteries charge fine through the USB, 2a socket. There’s pretty much always one on charge all the time.

The Energizer thing works on both 12/24v, but I only use mine for 12v devices anyway.

Edit: If it charges through USB normally, it’s probably only getting 5v from the USB adapter it plugs/screws into.

On most box mods, the micro usb port should only be used for firmware upgrades, battery charger for the batteries

You need a mod that supports "pass through"charging

Ta chaps.much to ponder.Got me off the ■■■■ anyways.

As said, buy a decent 24/12v to 5v USB converter. Don’t buy a cheap £1 Chinese one. You want a half decent one for a few quid more that has smoothing circuitry to avoid spikes as motor socket outputs are very unstable. Don’t trust the voltage protection in a vape. Whatever you’re plugging into the vape should provide an output that matches the input of the vape.

I got me a decent charger from Tomtom because I found out the cheap ones die very quick
tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/ac … i-charger/