Tom Tom Go

Is sat charging on my desk :grimacing: . I feel a drive comming on :laughing: .

don’t get lost now.

:open_mouth: “Desk” :confused: :confused:

'Puter desk :sunglasses: :unamused:. Don’t work Fridays. Start Sunday :wink: .

:open_mouth: Ah puter desk, thought posh gits got an office for a minute.

Be interested to hear how this Tom Tom goes. :sunglasses:

When I was a kid, wasn’t Tom Tom a program on telly ?

It says 12/24v on the ciggie lighter plug. It works ok in the car. If I plug it into a 24v stem Sunday and it fries it then I won’t be impressed. First impressions in the car are it’s a fantastic bit of kit but won’t totally replace the truckers atlas (which I’ve just had laminated and put in a loose leaf folder). Might just get a 24v - 12v dropper from Maplins to play safe. It is £429.99 worth of kit (or it will be by the time I get the tax back on it :wink: ).

Why do you think I’m posh DAFMAD? I don’t dress like all the time you know :laughing: :grimacing: :wink: .

Lib, from the Tom Tom website in the section where it tells you what comes in the box with the machine.

A DC power lead, with 12-24V cigarette lighter adapter which can also be used in trucks. This is the normal way of providing power to TomTom GO when it’s in your vehicle.

Looks to me like you will be quite safe to use it in the truuck without a dropper. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Liberace:
It says 12/24v on the ciggie lighter plug. It works ok in the car. If I plug it into a 24v stem Sunday and it fries it then I won’t be impressed.

I don’t know about your Tom Tom, but my OEM phone charger is a 12/24v job. The cheaper ones which you usualy get from markets and the like are the ones which tend to blow up or fry your gear.
If yours came with the sat-nav and is included in the original kit, it would be covered by any warranty. If it fry’s your Tom Tom :open_mouth: , you would then get a free replacement.

Coffeeholic:
Lib, from the Tom Tom website in the section where it tells you what comes in the box with the machine.

A DC power lead, with 12-24V cigarette lighter adapter which can also be used in trucks. This is the normal way of providing power to TomTom GO when it’s in your vehicle.

Looks to me like you will be quite safe to use it in the truuck without a dropper. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

How come you found that Neil, I couldn’t :unamused: :laughing: .

What can I say, you’ve either got it or you haven’t. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Coffeeholic:
What can I say, you’ve either got it or you haven’t. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

sarcasm is a wonderful thing to have :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

there ye go lib i’v sorted it for you,big fingers,small keyboard :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

A reply springs to mind, but I couldn’t repeat it in polite society. The mods wouldn’t let me. The rockers might though :laughing: . If it fries it on Sunday, I’ll come up to Luton again and take you to task Neil :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :grimacing: .

kitkat:

Coffeeholic:

sarcasim is a wonderful thing to have :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Be nice to be able to speeelll it fumble fungers :laughing:.

tom tom go lighter is 12/24 mines worked well for last 3 months

liberance have done the update nfrom the tomtom web site it might be an idea

I shouldn’t worry Neil!

If the 24 volt fries his machine, he won’t be able to find Luton :stuck_out_tongue:

Tom Tom GO

more like Tom Tom GOne Bang :stuck_out_tongue:

Whats this travel machine that is advertised in commercial motor along with DD’s Hour Guard?

It says it does France! Is that like Debbie doing Dallas?

Wheel Nut:
I shouldn’t worry Neil!

If the 24 volt fries his machine, he won’t be able to find Luton :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
I shouldn’t worry Neil!

:grimacing: .

I can find Luton allright, J11 of the M1. It’s just finding your way through the place :laughing: - mind that bridge :smiley: .

Junction 11? Good that’ll keep you well away from me as I live a couple of minutes from junction 10. :wink: :smiley:

set it for somewhere proper awkward and obscure and marvel at its ability to get you there, albeit ignoring low bridges etc.

TBH I’d have spent the extra £30 and got a PDA based system for the extra flexibility and functions it affords.