12-24 volt USB micro charger

Anyone got a recomendation for a twin USB micro cigarette plug charger?
The ones I see on eBay etc all seem to be either poor quality, or only 12v input only, and I’d like to charge my iPhone and parrot mini-kit thru 1 plug

googleadservices.com/pagead/ … 7%253B4797

Just be careful. I blew the brains out of my Kindle last week with one. When I started the motor smoke started pouring from the charger, and it mustve spiked the Kindle. I told Amazon it just stopped working and they sent me a new one!!!! But Im scared of these chargers now.

I often check the reviews on Amazon when I’m looking for anything like this.

Amazon - 12/24V USB Charger

I don’t have one myself but the icefox ™ Intelligent Best USB Car Charger seems to have pretty good reviews.

I think most of the good ones will be OK if you remember to unplug it before starting the engine

I got a dual voltage charger for my iPhone off fleabay…£2.99 bargain…lasted 2 days and blew up! I’ve seen 'em in Leigh Delamere for about 7 quid, which isn’t a bad price considering. Not much of a selection though, Warwick nb always had loads though, for different phones but similar price…wifey is still using the one I got for my old iPhone 4s over 2 years back

Thanks for the replies, as I’ve had some mixed quality stuff (usually poor) from various sources and price doesn’t seem to be a clear indicator. As seemingly identical stuff can be found on all the online market places. Which is why I was looking for personnel recomendations

I got my latest one from saibsburys for 8-9 quid can’t remember exactly. It’s a twin plug, white in colour and never gets warm never mind hot like previous ones I’ve bought.
Input 12-24v
Output 5.0v 2.4a total. I’ve spent 15 quid on them and they’ve still blown up, I also bricked an iPhone 5 :unamused: luckily insured but still 80 quid mistake to replace.

I use a couple of Anker high output jobbies from Amazon as charge my iPad in truck occasionally as well as phone. Also got 1 I car. Had no issues with it, so far…

theantbox:
I use a couple of Anker high output jobbies …

i saw those anker items, but the 3.5 amp output put me off, as iPhone’s tend to charge somewhere between 0.5-1.5 amps

Kensington ones are good as are Belkin although the Belkin are only usually single port.

peirre:

theantbox:
I use a couple of Anker high output jobbies …

i saw those anker items, but the 3.5 amp output put me off, as iPhone’s tend to charge somewhere between 0.5-1.5 amps

Why? You can’t force current into the device. It’ll take what it needs. As long as it is at least the maximum then that’s OK. It doesn’t matter if it is a 100 amp USB charger, it won’t damage the iPhone and the iPhone will still only draw 1.5A.

amazon.co.uk/Anker%C2%AE-5-P … B00OUJWDQG

Get yourself one of these, they will power everything, tablet, phone, dash cam, sat nav and anything else you throw at it with a usb charging port. (In my case - eCig)

A bargain at that price.

As pointed out above, ignore the wattage/amperage being higher than your phone needs, it takes what it want’s and that is all. This is 8A/40W output and it will happily power all the aforementioned devices without issue.

While you are at it, get one of these for the house - amazon.co.uk/Family-Sized-De … B00PK1IIJY

It saves having 6 different power adapters plugged in and I believe saves on the 'leccy bill - this one is a 12A but has a port capacity of 2.4A per device - I don’t know of any USB device that needs more than that anyway.

The 5 Port 40W/8A version is £6 cheaper if you only need 5 - amazon.co.uk/Desktop-Charger … B00GYNW1TA

Conor:
Why? You can’t force current into the device. It’ll take what it needs. As long as it is at least the maximum then that’s OK. It doesn’t matter if it is a 100 amp USB charger, it won’t damage the iPhone and the iPhone will still only draw 1.5A.

Ok I understand your point, but I was only being wary of possibly screwing up my phone etc

trubster:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker®-5-Port-Charger-PowerIQ-Technology/dp/B00OUJWDQG

A great find thanks, & even better that I`ve just figured out that I can redeem >£18 of Nectar points on eBay and get this item for free on eBay, so that’s me sorted :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

trubster:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker®-5-Port-Charger-PowerIQ-Technology/dp/B00OUJWDQG

Get yourself one of these, they will power everything, tablet, phone, dash cam, sat nav and anything else you throw at it with a usb charging port. (In my case - eCig)

A bargain at that price.

As pointed out above, ignore the wattage/amperage being higher than your phone needs, it takes what it want’s and that is all. This is 8A/40W output and it will happily power all the aforementioned devices without issue.

While you are at it, get one of these for the house - amazon.co.uk/Family-Sized-De … B00PK1IIJY

It saves having 6 different power adapters plugged in and I believe saves on the 'leccy bill - this one is a 12A but has a port capacity of 2.4A per device - I don’t know of any USB device that needs more than that anyway.

The 5 Port 40W/8A version is £6 cheaper if you only need 5 - amazon.co.uk/Desktop-Charger … B00GYNW1TA

Hope you’re right just ordered myself one of these

Tom Tom multi charger. Features a normal cigarette socket, plus two USB sockets, one of which is a fast charger. Available from most usual sources. 24 v compatible as well.