MAN 12/24v sockets

I use one of them tomtom duel usb chargers which plugs into the cigarette lighter socket on the dash. I have my tomtom and vape connected to it but ive noticed my vape gets quite hot.
There are 2 more sockets in the passenger footwell but are smaller. Would it be better to connect my vape to one of them using an adapter?
I also want to charge my phone and get a dash cam
So what would be the best way to charge all of these devices together… tomtom, phone, vape and dashcam■■?
Thanks
Truck is a 13 plate man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other sockets are hella plugs so you’d need a hella to cigerette lighter adapter. Theres a thread about this recently on here but couldnt find it offhand.

• Personally I’d first find out what voltage your devices can run at as those sockets are probably 12v and 24v. They should be marked. 24v is best only if the device can support it else use the 12v socket.

Items like the vape I would run off the hellas via adapter on its own as they will be high amps.

• Next I’d use a multiblock from the cig lighter for the rest. Theres plenty on the market but again make sure its 12/24v and can support at least 5 amps ideally more. I run sat nav, dashcam, FM transmitter and charge phone from one block with no probs.

I’ve linked to the two things I bought off Amazon yesterday below for these situations. Both are 24v rated and hopefully good quality.

There are cheaper of course but I’ve had to replace my cheaper ones, one if which tried catching fire just before Xmas with nothing plugged in! :open_mouth:

Multiblock with lots of USBs:
amazon.co.uk/dp/B078B96NK3/

Hella socket to 2 cig lighters:
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EFLJEZ6/

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When i was tramping i had one of the mains battery chargers that i charged my vape batteries via the usb socket. Alot easier and safer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk