Used Trucks On Truck Trader etc

Local to me, sounds very expensive compared to other tippers for sale. Rather long description! :laughing:
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/232223030918?rm … noapp=true

Muckaway:
I have “most recent ads” setting on my phone, so why do a load of trucks which’ve been on for ages suddenly appear first?..

“Premium Listings” always appear first, just scroll down past them and new adverts that are not “Premium” will be there.

dieseldog999:
but on ebay they invariably come back with…make me an offer…just total greed.

You dieseldog need to come down from your high horse and think a minute. Ebay is an auction site. People auction items because they do not know the correct price to charge and therefore allow the market to set the price for them. Thats the way these things work. You bid up to your limit, the other bloke bids up to his limit and whoever wins is the one who paid the right price, whoever loses is the skinfint. Thats auctioning.

dieseldog999:
im only stating how it works in the trade. obviously your on the outside looking in. when you go into mega places like anycarfinance etc.theres a security bod taking your details and reg…by the time you’ve parked.theyve hpi d your car and the salesman knows how much drip is left on it and if your worth dealing with or not.if you have no insight into sales,then theres not much point comenting on it. before I sold up I had a petrol station/workshop/car lot/valeting shop,kinda motoring complex site.i would know plenty in the trade with every trick to buy and sell.if I took you ot for a test drive,id park you round the back when we returned.leave you with your mate to have another look…then go in and watch/listen to you on camera so id know how much to lift out of you when you came round to haggle. the salesman is out to take your money.poa is only another means of doing so for mugs.**theres kickbacks from the finance co,insurance co,warranty co.**just lots of options for pulling your pants down without you knowing it.

Ive highlighted just a few points in which you are just plain wrong here diesel. First one, if the webuyandsellanysnotter.com bunch are acting like that then they are in breach of several different rules. The first one that comes to mind also clobbers the finance company because both the seller and the lender need the authority of the customer to release financial records under the Data Protection Act and the Consumer Credit Act.

While not necessarily illegal, what you do with cameras is certainly immoral. Leave someone to talk in private and then eavesdrop on it? Do you not like being trusted? A salesman engaging in properly thought out consultative sales practices has no need for this kind of scummery. Find out what they need, find out what they want, find the car you have which best suits those needs and wants and then sell the benefits of your car. Don’t go sneaking around trying to find out how much they are willing to pay so that you can pitch your price straight into their sweetspot and ‘pull their pants down’ as you put it.

When I was selling cars it was simple. Id get from them what their budget was, what their needs were and what they wanted if I could squeeze it into their budget. I would then present them with three options, one which ticked all their boxes but was a little over budget. One that only covered the needs but was bang on budget and one which fell only slightly short, (eg aircon rather than climate control) but came in under budget. I knew what the boss wanted for the cars ideally and what he would accept for them if he had to. We picked a car, did a deal and everyone was happy. In 5 years selling new and pre-reg cars the only time I fell short of target was the month the Vectra spent three weeks as the lead story on watchdog.

Of course you would get the occasional customer with what we used to call ‘Champagne tastes and beer money’, usually the 18 year old just passed driver who fancied himself at the wheel of a brand new VXR for £500 deposit and a job at McDonalds. With those you just had to be honest, sometimes brutal. You tell them they are unreasonable in their expectations, offer to show them the cars they may be able to afford but don’t get to distressed when they walk out. You can’t deal 'em all.

Finally, I challenge your term ‘Kickbacks’. A kickback is an illegal payment of bribery. Any reputable car dealer in the country will be trading in compliance with the Financial Conduct Authority’s regulations which do not prohibit the earning of commissions on the sales of financial products. You just have to ensure that the person you are selling these products knows that you will be paid to sell them. This is usually done in the small print at the bottom of the Statement of Demands and Needs, the document in which you go through all the risks, get the customer to either agree or disagree that they are affected by those risks and then have them sign it to both confirm that you have discussed the risks, and that they have read and/or been told that you are paid by both the customer and the insurer for the sale of the product. Nothing underhand there at all.

Now for me to chip in to the discussion at hand! I hate this POA thing. The lack of transparent pricing in the Truck market is the only reason I have had to waste the time of three salesmen trying to find the one truck I want to buy. If the prices were stated up front on new and used trucks I could have estimated the costs of the trucks I was looking for and then gone only to the dealers I would be likely to deal with. It wastes their time and it wastes my time. It should be stopped but if they want to operate that way thats up to them. As for used vehicles its simple. Find a dealer you trust, tell him what you want, let him go and find it for you.

1,your webuyanysnotter.com brigade work to maximise profit,breaching rules wont matter unless it stops them trading.this would be along similar lines of…will i show all these dodgy cards,and get crucified,r just burn them and get 1 hit for non producing?.they make millions,and any fine for illegal practice is peanuts compared to revenue…i could lift the phone and get a settlement figure from a finance company with or without the customer sitting with me and that was with a small garage having 40 or 50 cars.
2,having cameras set up is the tip of the iceberg to normal garage practises,but to list them here would put carryfasts posts to shame for the length of them.
if you are not conversant with all these practises,then mabey thats the reason your not still selling cars?
personally.id find out how much cash they had,find out the settlement,and play with the figures to see if there could be a deal.simple as that.inflating prices,and cash back all works well enough depending on the deal.
possibly theres a difference being a salesman for new cars as ive never done that,but in the 2nd hand market,then by your observations,its apparant you are really not conversant with normal practice in that respect.
3…as for kickbacks,every single dealer ive ever known gets a kickback for selling the finance,warranty,tyre insurance,mot insurance,etcetc…they can sometimes make more from that aspect,than from turning the car over in the 1st place.
some dealers do not put up prices,they only work on,how much would you pay a week,to drive this car as they survive on mugs with poor credit rating…i had several customers thinking they had 2 months to go,when in fact they had 1 year and 2 months as the salesman stuck it into them to make the figures work.
every time a customer leaves with a deal,thinking “how nice and helpfull that nice salesman was”,has had their pants pulled down and the car rammed into them for as much profit as possible.if that wasnt the case,then the salesman wasnt doing his job.
my garage was in a small town…i was there for years,and had plenty of repeat customers…i made fortunes,and they prob got a easier deal from me than from the shiny shoes and glas doors brigade in the city.
you may have sold new cars bud,but you apparantly have no idea about 2nd hand retail.the poa aspect is nothing other than sheer greed on the sellers behalf on the chance that the customer might think the truck is worth more than the seller wants,plus how much he thinks his own truck is worth if he is chopping it in.nothing more than that…sheer greed.
as for your other comments…the fact you think dealers should all work correctly may be why its obvious you have little knowledge of your average 2nd hand retail aspect of sales.
example…for webuyanysnotter.com car sales

you go into a car sales,before the salesman approaches you,they will have ran your plates to see how much the settlement is on your own car,then,a car you could realistically buy at auction for 5k is flagged for 9999…once you pass finance,you haggle and get the price to 9k ( on paper) …your now signed up…then…you get passed along to the next salesman…you sign up for tyre insurance,mot insurance,mechanical breakdown insurance,shortfall value accident insurance (with even more crucifying interest rates than the original finance)…you now drive out with a car that trades at 5k that you now owe 15k for over 4 years finance.you are now married to this car for the next 4 or 5 years.the insurances are all garbage being loopholes with a ring of paper round the edge.my mate worked this job for 15 years and just uses to laugh himself daft by the gullibility of such customers.
personally i have a heart,and even though i make fortunes buying and seling,i wouldnt take the hand off of anyone either,and its not uncommon for me to give someone back 100 or 200 back as a luckspenny if they are victims thats giving me an easy deal and i feel sorry for them.but normal dealer practices are what they are.

If that is the underhand way in which you have chosen to operate your business Dieseldog999 that is up to you. I only ask that when I approach this forum for advice you don’t respond. I don’t take advice from cowboys.

Just because the big car supermarkets think they can get away with it, that doesn’t mean that they are right, either legally or morally. Reducing yourself to the level of the gutter-scum who caused me to decide to no longer be involved in such a tainted industry just proves that you are equally as abhorrent.

nsmith1180:
If that is the underhand way in which you have chosen to operate your business Dieseldog999 that is up to you. I only ask that when I approach this forum for advice you don’t respond. I don’t take advice from cowboys.

Just because the big car supermarkets think they can get away with it, that doesn’t mean that they are right, either legally or morally. Reducing yourself to the level of the gutter-scum who caused me to decide to no longer be involved in such a tainted industry just proves that you are equally as abhorrent.

try reading the joined up writing of the previous posts…your obviously completely unsuited to a life in the motor trade car sales…i never did most of what the big players still do,but its common practice,and theres a never ending supply of victims…your in business to make your wages,theres no angels in the motor trade,or road haulage (obviously apart from yourself) being the dog eat dog professions they are.i never said anything was right or wrong,but every company wants to have the edge to maximise their profit…my mate worked in a big mega main dealer franchise in sales for years,when it was the old phones you stuck your finger in the hole to dial the number,he had the number 0 half dialled with a pen jammed into it so that when a call came to sales,instead of having to dial 0,to answer it like the other salesmen,he just slapped the pen away and was half a second quicker in taking the call than the others,hence he got the call,the customer,the deal,the commision,and the sale…fair play if thats how you make your wages. :slight_smile:

Why do some advertisers not bother to post photographs of a vehicle?
Also, “75% tyre condition…” Utter ■■■■■■■■. Be honest and say “it’s got nearly new tyres, which we’ll swap for some old nails filled to the brim with tyre weld after you’ve paid us a deposit.”