Advertising Truck for Sale

Sold the old girl yesterday. Delivered her to Oxford this morning, quite sad in one way, my first truck thats done me well for that last 4.5yrs. Time to move on though.

Point of the post is that I’ve obviously had to advertise it for sale so went through the usual channels. Put one ad in CM. 65+VAT for a 30word ad (extra words A POUND EACH :open_mouth: ) for a week in the magazine plus 30+VAT to go on the website. Total cost 95+VAT. The advert doesn’t go online until the day the magazine comes out.

TruckTrader, for virtually the same deal (except TT allow you to use more words :sunglasses: ) 28.90+VAT. Also, your ad goes straight onto the website as soon as you pay, not when the ad appears in the magazine.

I sold the truck on the basis of the TT internet ad before it even reached print in either magazine. I know this is an RBI website and maybe this will be pulled but I have to say the difference in price is noticeable and certainly something worth thinking about if you’re advertising your truck.

P.S. CM, page 132, column 2, 2nd one down. :sunglasses:

Hi Hammer,
Saw the truck today in the Comic,thought it was yours,saw you asking about tyre sizes for another. What have you replaced it with :question:
Cheers Dave.

It did you well hammer.

Your not getting a white one are you :open_mouth: !!! big globetrotter 500 bhp with more lights that blackpool !!! and a 19T payload !

If it sold that quickly perhaps you should have been asking an extra grand or two for it!

:slight_smile:

Paul

repton:
If it sold that quickly perhaps you should have been asking an extra grand or two for it!

:slight_smile:

Paul

I got a better deal than I expected…I’ll leave it at that.

dozer:
It did you well hammer.

Your not getting a white one are you :open_mouth: !!! big globetrotter 500 bhp with more lights that blackpool !!! and a 19T payload !

How did you guess? I’ve always dreamed of becoming one of the special boys! :smiley:

Dave the Renegade:
Hi Hammer,
Saw the truck today in the Comic,thought it was yours,saw you asking about tyre sizes for another. What have you replaced it with :question:
Cheers Dave.

I’ve had a 55-reg Hino 6x4. Big step up in power (380 :sunglasses: ) but it was fairly cheap and has only done 145,000kms which is only like two years work. Not everyones cup of tea but I’ve heard good reports of reliability and thats important as I struggle to know one end of a spanner from the other… :blush:

I bought it with a ram but without the body (it had a muckshift body on) so I’ve put an ally insulated body on it and it will be ready to go Monday all being well. I was worried about the weight with a 13litre ( :open_mouth: ) engine but I was quite impressed with 8.80 with a ram and steel wheels and tank. Should squeeze in under 10t and hopefully lower with (in time) ally wheels and maybe tank to follow :sunglasses: .

The chassis needs some painting but nowt that can’t wait till the summer.

hammer:

Dave the Renegade:
Hi Hammer,
Cheers Dave.

I’ve had a 55-reg Hino 6x4. Big step up in power (380 :sunglasses: ) but it was fairly cheap and has only done 145,000kms which is only like two years work. Not everyones cup of tea but I’ve heard good reports of reliability and thats important as I struggle to know one end of a spanner from the other… :blush:

I bought it with a ram but without the body (it had a muckshift body on) so I’ve put an ally insulated body on it and it will be ready to go Monday all being well. I was worried about the weight with a 13litre ( :open_mouth: ) engine but I was quite impressed with 8.80 with a ram and steel wheels and tank. Should squeeze in under 10t and hopefully lower with (in time) ally wheels and maybe tank to follow :sunglasses: .

The chassis needs some painting but nowt that can’t wait till the summer.

Tidy Hammer,don’t know much about them. Sharples from Eardisley were running an eight wheeler Hino tipper until they packed up. From what I can gather.there are not so much electronics and computerised stuff to go wrong,as with most trucks these days.Anyway,hope the vehicle does you good service.
Cheers Dave.