Buying a truck price...POA

Just out of interest I like to browse truck trader to see how much the 2nd hand trucks are going for. I’ve no intention of buying one (been there done that years ago) but when you look in the book or online its apparant that all you get is POA POA POA. I can’t see how that attracts any interest in buying the truck at all. Why can’t they just put the price in the first place. All that POA says to me is I’m shady and will see how much I can get out of you when you come to look at the truck.

maybe if everyone phoned and asked the price, they would get the message after answering the phone a few dozen times to time wasters :smiley:

Seems more rife in used trucks than say the used car market.

I never really bother ringing anywhere that puts that in an advert and the people that are always wanting to call you or you call them to get basic info like mileage, price etc. that they could put in a txt or email annoy me too.

Own Account Driver:

I never really bother ringing anywhere that puts that in an advert and the people that are always wanting to call you or you call them to get basic info like mileage, price etc. that they could put in a txt or email annoy me too.

I’m after a new car and some places won’t put the mileage in the advert why ffs. :imp:

some places do show prices and truck trader online you can specify it only shows truck with a price not POA.

http://trucks.autotrader.co.uk/categorysubcategory/category/tractor-units/priceonasking/false/truckprice/10000/max/search?locationName=Catton%20Grove&latitude=52.642&longitude=1.314&postcode=NR1

bald bloke:

Own Account Driver:

I’m after a new car and some places won’t put the mileage in the advert why ffs. :imp:

They haven’t got round to winding back the odometer.

bald bloke:

Own Account Driver:

Because, new cars dont have any miles on them :smiling_imp: lol

DieselDemon:

bald bloke:

Own Account Driver:

They haven’t got round to winding back the odometer.

This is the very reason I wont buy a car without full service history, receipts and all (most) old MOT certs.

If there is no price, i do not even bother to read further about the truck that is for sale.

NewLad:
This is the very reason I wont buy a car without full service history, receipts and all (most) old MOT certs.

I’m less worried about the mileage more the condition and history,
You can get a car that’s done 100,000 easy miles, properly serviced, careful driver, long distance so the engine is spending more of it’s life at the correct operating temp etc that will be a more reliable than car that’s done 50,000 miles of hard driving, not serviced, stop start town driving.

toby1234abc:
If there is no price, i do not even bother to read further about the truck that is for sale.

+1
i hope they read this forum, they might get the message.

muckles:
some places do show prices and truck trader online you can specify it only shows truck with a price not POA.

http://trucks.autotrader.co.uk/categorysubcategory/category/tractor-units/priceonasking/false/truckprice/10000/max/search?locationName=Catton%20Grove&latitude=52.642&longitude=1.314&postcode=NR1

You can’t believe some of those prices :smiley:. Check out the daf

trucks.autotrader.co.uk/category … stcode=NR1

delboytwo:

muckles:

You can’t believe some of those prices :smiley:. Check out the daf

trucks.autotrader.co.uk/category … stcode=NR1

I think the price is due to it’s rarity, it’s a 2008 DAF and the Bumper isn’t rusty. :laughing:

I agree. All those POA’s are most annoying.

As for car service history, at what intervals would you like those service stamps in the book sir? Money talks!
Like people who wouldn’t dream of buying a car in an auction, but will happily pay a main stealer £1-2 grand more for the same car. Where do they think the main stealer bought it? Doh. :unamused:
Oh, and many of those previous owner co. names that crop up in log books will be car rental co’s if you check them out.

A few years ago I noticed a Volvo FL unit for sale in Com Motor and Classic/Vintage Commercials yet the asking price was higher in CVC.
Some of the prices in the classic mags are stupid, more so that people will pay a fortune for something eaten with rust and comes with a tree growing through it.

I should think the price depends on who you are.

Some of the prices in the classic mags are stupid, more so that people will pay a fortune for something eaten with rust and comes with a tree growing through it

true but that depends on the rarity of the vehicle in question.

Kerbdog:
Just out of interest I like to browse truck trader to see how much the 2nd hand trucks are going for. I’ve no intention of buying one (been there done that years ago) but when you look in the book or online its apparant that all you get is POA POA POA. I can’t see how that attracts any interest in buying the truck at all. Why can’t they just put the price in the first place. All that POA says to me is I’m shady and will see how much I can get out of you when you come to look at the truck.

I HATE POA in adverts,i simply ignore them…all those three letters say to me is “Priced Over Ambitiously”

If they really were interested in selling the vehicle,then they would advertise it with a price in mind that will be negotiable,to favour both you as the buyer and the seller who’s in the business to make a profit.

POA should be outlawed by the Advertising Standards Agency IMO! :imp:

obsessivecompulsive2:

Kerbdog:

I HATE POA in adverts,i simply ignore them…all those three letters say to me is “Priced Over Ambitiously”

If they really were interested in selling the vehicle,then they would advertise it with a price in mind that will be negotiable,to favour both you as the buyer and the seller who’s in the business to make a profit.

POA should be outlawed by the Advertising Standards Agency IMO! :imp:

Never had a problem with POA on the advert. If you’re really interested in whats being advertised whats the problem with a quick phone call?
Everytime I’ve done it I’ve been told the price without a problem, its no problem calling as I normally have a few more questions to ask.

Do enough research and you soon get an idea of the market price of the truck or trailer.