Buying a truck price...POA

muckles:

obsessivecompulsive2:

Kerbdog:
Just out of interest I like to browse truck trader to see how much the 2nd hand trucks are going for. I’ve no intention of buying one (been there done that years ago) but when you look in the book or online its apparant that all you get is POA POA POA. I can’t see how that attracts any interest in buying the truck at all. Why can’t they just put the price in the first place. All that POA says to me is I’m shady and will see how much I can get out of you when you come to look at the truck.

I HATE POA in adverts,i simply ignore them…all those three letters say to me is “Priced Over Ambitiously”

If they really were interested in selling the vehicle,then they would advertise it with a price in mind that will be negotiable,to favour both you as the buyer and the seller who’s in the business to make a profit.

POA should be outlawed by the Advertising Standards Agency IMO! :imp:

Never had a problem with POA on the advert. If you’re really interested in whats being advertised whats the problem with a quick phone call?
Everytime I’ve done it I’ve been told the price without a problem, its no problem calling as I normally have a few more questions to ask.

Do enough research and you soon get an idea of the market price of the truck or trailer.

Perhaps Tescos should start doing the same with everything they sell. :unamused:

Own Account Driver:

muckles:

obsessivecompulsive2:

Kerbdog:
Just out of interest I like to browse truck trader to see how much the 2nd hand trucks are going for. I’ve no intention of buying one (been there done that years ago) but when you look in the book or online its apparant that all you get is POA POA POA. I can’t see how that attracts any interest in buying the truck at all. Why can’t they just put the price in the first place. All that POA says to me is I’m shady and will see how much I can get out of you when you come to look at the truck.

I HATE POA in adverts,i simply ignore them…all those three letters say to me is “Priced Over Ambitiously”

If they really were interested in selling the vehicle,then they would advertise it with a price in mind that will be negotiable,to favour both you as the buyer and the seller who’s in the business to make a profit.

POA should be outlawed by the Advertising Standards Agency IMO! :imp:

Never had a problem with POA on the advert. If you’re really interested in whats being advertised whats the problem with a quick phone call?
Everytime I’ve done it I’ve been told the price without a problem, its no problem calling as I normally have a few more questions to ask.

Do enough research and you soon get an idea of the market price of the truck or trailer.

Perhaps Tescos should start doing the same with everything they sell. :unamused:

Yea! :smiley: we could haggle over the price at the checkout, be great. My Brother used to try it, but the checkout staff never seemed that keen to play ball. :laughing:

I’ve done it at tesco and it works.
I wanted to buy some childrens clothes for a charity in India i was involved with.
Lots of underwear, socks etc on sale , so asked to see manager and made an offer for the lot.
he was happy to haggle to clear the stock off the shelves… and very generous!